Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

368 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Confimred loan - Ovie Ejaria

by SCIAG » 27 Jul 2020 22:13

I’d like to see him as one of the midfield three in a proper 4-3-3 with an actual left winger. Think he could be the Championship Wijnaldum with a bit of work.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 Jul 2020 22:15

SCIAG I’d like to see him as one of the midfield three in a proper 4-3-3 with an actual left winger. Think he could be the Championship Wijnaldum with a bit of work.

How do you fit wingers into that formation? You can’t really call Mane & Salah wingers

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Jul 2020 22:30

Notts Royal
SCIAG I’d like to see him as one of the midfield three in a proper 4-3-3 with an actual left winger. Think he could be the Championship Wijnaldum with a bit of work.

How do you fit wingers into that formation? You can’t really call Mane & Salah wingers

They’re not Little and Convey but they put the fear on full backs.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 Jul 2020 06:54

I think the probably he had at left wing was that after his first 6 months here, teams realised they couldn't afford to leave him 1 v 1 so he was always doubled up on.

I like him as part of the midfield 3 where he has runners ahead of him or can drive forward himself. In our current mess we'd probably want him to double his goals and assists for £3.5m though.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 28 Jul 2020 08:54

WoodleyRoyal Would rather we didn’t sign him at all to be honest. Way over rated, went missing after about November and you could count number of good games he had all season on one hand.

Got to agree, went right off him recently.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 09:00

Yeah. That should leave space elsewhere but he's so confident of taking people on and plays so slow we can't exploit that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jul 2020 11:41

He needs pretty intensive coaching I think. He's got talent and he's got application, it's his discipline and decision making that is an issue. eg Beating a player to get in a cross only to then try and beat him again. That's just immature - he needs to lose that pretty quick. Alas a midfield of him, Swift and Olise plus an attack featuring Meite is just too imbalanced.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 11:45

leon He needs pretty intensive coaching I think. He's got talent and he's got application, it's his discipline and decision making that is an issue. eg Beating a player to get in a cross only to then try and beat him again. That's just immature - he needs to lose that pretty quick. Alas a midfield of him, Swift and Olise plus an attack featuring Meite is just too imbalanced.

Spot on.

I have hope though. I was dead against Swift for a long time because I thought he tried to do too much fancy stuff and took unnecessary risks and made poor decisions.

Most of this season he really cut that out and consequently his goals and assists went up.

I don't recall whether that began before Gomes got sacked or not, but hopefully it's Bowen's coaching influence and if Ejaria comes he can have a similar effect.

In which case Ejaria would be leaving for 10 15 mil at the end of next season unless we get promoted.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jul 2020 11:48

Snowflake Royal
leon blah blah fcuking blah

Spot on.

Sweet baby Jesus. :shock:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Jul 2020 12:18

I sincerely believe Ejaria has the ability to be a superstar

Second, I just LOVE watching him on the ball. He is also excellent at ball-winning

Remember, as said elsewhere, he is heavily marked meaning the other outfield players have more space.

If he only improves by 20% in a season (he is young!) he could easily double/triple our investment

I for one will be hugely disappointed if we fail to sign him. Remember we are likely to lose Swift and who’s to say that Olise isn’t attracting attention.

I’d rather have nine journeymen, Cabral and Ejaria. I want to see brilliance now and again a la Jimmy Kebe

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jul 2020 13:22

Snowball I sincerely believe Ejaria has the ability to be a superstar

Second, I just LOVE watching him on the ball. He is also excellent at ball-winning

Remember, as said elsewhere, he is heavily marked meaning the other outfield players have more space.

If he only improves by 20% in a season (he is young!) he could easily double/triple our investment

I for one will be hugely disappointed if we fail to sign him. Remember we are likely to lose Swift and who’s to say that Olise isn’t attracting attention.

I’d rather have nine journeymen, Cabral and Ejaria. I want to see brilliance now and again a la Jimmy Kebe

We agree on Ejaria. He was often the only oasis in our usually god-forsaken desert of home performances and results last season.

A few bits of his magic could go a little way to offset the deflation of a poor performance/result. His presence in the team gave me the necessary incentive to carry on going to home games because I didn't want to miss out on the entertainment/excitement he could produce on the pitch. That and the food from Blue Collar!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Jul 2020 15:07

RoyalBlue

We agree on Ejaria. He was often the only oasis in our usually god-forsaken desert of home performances and results last season.

A few bits of his magic could go a little way to offset the deflation of a poor performance/result. His presence in the team gave me the necessary incentive to carry on going to home games because I didn't want to miss out on the entertainment/excitement he could produce on the pitch. That and the food from Blue Collar!

are you dim teller? his favourite line is 'you would pay the entrance fee just to watch ejaria' which very much seems to be what your getting at too. Shit, he's been bang average since november/december. i dont get the absolute jizz fest people are having over him. its a big fat bag of meh from me.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jul 2020 15:23

On top form you can see why most of us were getting excited about Ejaria at the start of the season and it seemed mad that Liverpool were happy for him to go for £3m.

But his form tailed off and now it has become apparent why Liverpool were happy to take £3m for him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jul 2020 15:55

tidus_mi2 On top form you can see why most of us were getting excited about Ejaria at the start of the season and it seemed mad that Liverpool were happy for him to go for £3m.

But his form tailed off and now it has become apparent why Liverpool were happy to take £3m for him.

It doesn’t help when he’s constantly played in a position which doesn’t suit him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 17:17

By contrast, give me Rinomhota's honest work rate and engine every day.

I find watching Ejaria depressing and frustrating. You can see he's good enough to tear the division up, but instead is making three people look like weebles only to scuff the ball at a defender and off the pitch for a corner.

oxf*rd a bit of flair that goes no where to cheer me up from losing. Give me a gutsy slog to a win.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 28 Jul 2020 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 17:19

CountryRoyal
tidus_mi2 On top form you can see why most of us were getting excited about Ejaria at the start of the season and it seemed mad that Liverpool were happy for him to go for £3m.

It doesn’t help when he’s constantly played in a position which doesn’t suit him.

What does suit him though?

He's played normal midfield, attacking midfield, left forward, left midfield....

He's looked basically the same everywhere. Hugely talented, but too showy, poor tempo and poor decisions.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jul 2020 17:41

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

He's played normal midfield, attacking midfield, left forward, left midfield....

He's looked basically the same everywhere. Hugely talented, but too showy, poor tempo and poor decisions.

I think he’s looked significantly more effective being central as an attacking midfielder. Unfortunately for him swift was performing well and trying to accommodate both proved problematic. Thanks for the DM tho btw meant to reply but forgot!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2020 18:07

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

I think he’s looked significantly more effective being central as an attacking midfielder. Unfortunately for him swift was performing well and trying to accommodate both proved problematic. Thanks for the DM tho btw meant to reply but forgot!

No worries.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jul 2020 19:47

CountryRoyal

Absolutely.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Jul 2020 17:54

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Wouldn't mind trying him as a holding no 10 .......he is good at holding the ball up. But to feet obviously. Play with a 3 up front with Meite and Olise, and then let him suck in defenders the other two make the runs......bingo....
Although the killer ball is one area he really let's himself down in more often than not.

368 posts