MATCHWATCH : Aston Villa (h) sponsored by not long to desperation

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Aston Villa (h) sponsored by not long to desperation

by Denver Royal » 30 Jan 2019 16:51

URZZZZ Moore is decent enough defender but he's painfully poor on the ball, he takes too long on the ball and seems incapable of passing the ball into the space in front of the player, rather playing it to feet and slowing down any momentum generated

That was another issue with the Summer window. We missed a trick by not selling him for 10mil. Now he's on high wages, and isn't really a difference maker.

Crowbar6753 I would also be wary of starting with Oliveira on Saturday, the guy has not played all season and we need him fit for the remaining games, not on the injury bench for half of them.

What, like Bod will be? Injured yet again for last night's crucial game :oops:

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 30 Jan 2019 17:13

Denver Royal
URZZZZ Moore is decent enough defender but he's painfully poor on the ball, he takes too long on the ball and seems incapable of passing the ball into the space in front of the player, rather playing it to feet and slowing down any momentum generated

That was another issue with the Summer window. We missed a trick by not selling him for 10mil. Now he's on high wages, and isn't really a difference maker.

Crowbar6753 I would also be wary of starting with Oliveira on Saturday, the guy has not played all season and we need him fit for the remaining games, not on the injury bench for half of them.

Hi Denver Royal, hows the weather down south mate? regarding Oliveira, he looks exactly what we have been missing and when 100% match fit will be class for us, but it looks like he has a small muscle pull after yesterday, and i would hate for him to be out for a period of time. :D

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Jan 2019 17:29

Crowbar6753
Denver Royal

Hi Denver Royal, hows the weather down south mate? regarding Oliveira, he looks exactly what we have been missing and when 100% match fit will be class for us, but it looks like he has a small muscle pull after yesterday, and i would hate for him to be out for a period of time. :D

Yeah, he looks the part, huh? You make a good point, its crucial they keep him fit. Figured it would take him a couple games to get up to speed, but he didn't look too far off the pace, tbh.

(Ha, got dumped on 2 days ago, but it's clearing up quickly, as usual. Should be at my house in Florida right now, instead of shoveling at my house here, but had to take care of some stuff.)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2019 17:47

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Martinez

Yiadom
Miazga
Blackett
Richards

Rino
Swift

Harriott
Aluko
Ejaria

Oliveira

Walker, Moore, Bacuna, Baker, Barrow, Bodvarsson, Baldock

Tough choice with Moore, he's a decent enough defender but he's painfully poor on the ball, he takes too long on the ball and seems incapable of passing the ball into the space in front of the player, rather playing it to feet and slowing down any momentum generated

Depends if Gomes opts for style or substance, because IMO Moore doesn't fit the style and isn't a long term fit for us. However, he's our best defender currently and we need results

Still think we need one more winger and a LB, but the squad depth is improving

Your opinion on Moore is complete nonsense, utterly laughable.

Also excellent defensive cover with the midfield of Swift, Harriott, Aluko and Eljaria. We have to play with two holding midfielders and will do on Saturday.

Do you mean like we did vs QPR which has been our best performance under Gomes? Swift, Aluko, Barrow, Rino, McCleary was our five midfielders and we kept a clean sheet and played well

If my opinion on Moore is so laughable, how about you actually watch him for a game? Can you ever remember him playing a forward decisive pass leading to a goal or even an attack. It's just safe, sideways passing with Moore, very much like Gunter, and he puts others into pressure by passing it to them with a man behind them

As I said, he's a good defender but not a ball player, hence why Brighton were interested in him, not exactly known for playing passing football under Hughton, just 4-4-2 basic effective football which he suits well

If we're picking holes with other people's teams, why are you starting Baker who was really poor against Derby and consequently subbed off at half time? Why are you playing Blackett at LB, when he's a lot better at CB? Why are you not starting any natural wingers? Don't slate other people's opinions because funnily enough, it's a personal opinion. Grow up a little bit

You’re right about Moore. I was thinking about this the other day. He is just like Gunter. Very slow on the ball with no momentum at all and often checks back and makes a sideways pass. Gunter gets crucified for it. Moore doesn’t.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2019 18:09

Made this point when everyone was piling in on Ilori regarding Moore

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2019 18:15

Line up doesn't matter. The vast majority of them are shit, ok but produce nothing of note, or good but woefully out of form and ideas.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Jan 2019 18:16

URZZZZ Do you mean like we did vs QPR which has been our best performance under Gomes? Swift, Aluko, Barrow, Rino, McCleary was our five midfielders and we kept a clean sheet and played well

For all the possession we created very little. QPR hitting the bar twice. Very easily we could have lost that game.

I'd prefer 30% possession and nick a goal to win the game myself.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Jan 2019 18:33

Denver Royal

According to Gomaz, Bod was not injured, but on baby duties at home I took it to mean his wife/partner had given birth recently.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Jan 2019 18:40

Lower West
URZZZZ Do you mean like we did vs QPR which has been our best performance under Gomes? Swift, Aluko, Barrow, Rino, McCleary was our five midfielders and we kept a clean sheet and played well

For all the possession we created very little. QPR hitting the bar twice. Very easily we could have lost that game.

Dunno, reckon it would still be painful for you.
Wait, you mean we wouldn't then have to listen to you say we were lucky, and didn't deserve it, etc? :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2019 19:38

Hound Made this point when everyone was piling in on Ilori regarding Moore

Shut ya chops Houndy. You love Tiago Ilori.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2019 19:51

Zip

More than you did certainly :D

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 30 Jan 2019 19:58

Snowflake Royal Line up doesn't matter. The vast majority of them are shit, ok but produce nothing of note, or good but woefully out of form and ideas.

+1

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2019 20:08

Hound
Zip

More than you did certainly :D

:lol: I think we can agree on that babes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2019 21:52

I agree although I don't think Gunter is quite the right comparison. Gunter's first touch is so often controlling in back inside to make a backwards pass easier.

Moore I think wants to go forward but doesn't see options he's comfortable with (back on my movement drum) partly because his passing isn't anything like as good as Ilori's. Instead he runs it forward ten yards. Sees still nothing easy is on and so goes sideways ineffectively

I've lost patience with Moore. He looks lost and defeated and he's half the player he was when he arrived. The fact he's often captain says so much about why we're where we are. And it's why he's one of the first I'd try to move on. Not because he's bad, but because I think he's unhappy and beaten. Could still have a good career ahead, but not with us. Needs a fresh start elsewhere in happier circumstances.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2019 22:10

Would probably agree Ian. The play off disappointment, 2 years of us being shit and a big move back to the prem scuppered - he’s a shadow of the player he was, and a big reason we are in our current position unfortunately

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 31 Jan 2019 00:59

thanks

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Jan 2019 18:04

Denver Royal
Lower West

Dunno, reckon it would still be painful for you.
Wait, you mean we wouldn't then have to listen to you say we were lucky, and didn't deserve it, etc? :wink:

Don't enough players in the box most games to create any luck. :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 19:11

With all the transfer changes, I'd like to see our team as:

.......................Martinez
..Yiadom, Moore, Miazga, Blackett
......................Rino..Kelly
.....Harriott.......Ejaria.....McCleary
........................Oliviera

Subs: Walker, Gunter, Richards, [Two of Swift, Aluko, Baker, Meite], Bodvarsson, Barrow

Not sure they're all fit or still with us come Saturday though.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Jan 2019 22:09

Snowflake Royal With all the transfer changes, I'd like to see our team as:

.......................Martinez
..Yiadom, Moore, Miazga, Blackett
......................Rino..Kelly
.....Harriott.......Ejaria.....McCleary
........................Oliviera

Subs: Walker, Gunter, Richards, [Two of Swift, Aluko, Baker, Meite], Bodvarsson, Barrow

Not sure they're all fit or still with us come Saturday though.

Olie and Bod maybe unavailable Saturday.

Blackett may well not be in Gomes plans either.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 22:22

Swift for Harriott or McCleary and Baker for Kelly and I’m with you