Economics

tilehurstender

Economics

by tilehurstender » 31 Jan 2019 12:27

Release two or three of the higher earners. These players may have a clause whereby they don’t drop wages if we go down or can go for a reduced fee.
Bring in a number of loan signings which may keep us up but either way, these players return to their clubs in the summer and the club aren’t burdened with their wages.
Makes sense on a spreadsheet but crap for the supporters

Old Man Andrews

Re: Economics

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2019 12:30

tilehurstender Release two or three of the higher earners. These players may have a clause whereby they don’t drop wages if we go down or can go for a reduced fee.
Bring in a number of loan signings which may keep us up but either way, these players return to their clubs in the summer and the club aren’t burdened with their wages.

Please explain why it is crap?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 12:34

I have no more emotional attachment to Illori than I do Miazaga, no more love for Bacuna than Baker.
Illori and Bacuna have not performed and are part of the reason we are where we are.
If Miazaga and Baker perform better and keep us up It’s good for supporters.
If they don’t then frankly it’s no worse but at least we have a couple of millionin the bank to rebuild with !

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 31 Jan 2019 12:40

I literally don't really care about anyone playing at the minute.
We need a complete rebuild and a solid first XI with7 or 8 quality subs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2019 14:40

Einstein agogo I literally don't really care about anyone playing at the minute.

Except Rinomhota.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Jan 2019 15:32

Sutekh
Einstein agogo I literally don't really care about anyone playing at the minute.

Except Rinomhota.

And Bod. I like Bod.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jan 2019 15:35

tilehurstender Release two or three of the higher earners. These players may have a clause whereby they don’t drop wages if we go down or can go for a reduced fee.

its literally what has to be done to save this club from possible bankruptcy in the summer

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 16:33

Maneki Neko

its literally what has to be done to save this club from possible bankruptcy in the summer

I think bankruptcy is extremely unlikely. What makes you think it would even be a possibility ? AFAIK we don’t have any significant debt.....

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 31 Jan 2019 16:41

Maneki Neko

Sauce?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jan 2019 16:57

Nameless
Maneki Neko

I think bankruptcy is extremely unlikely. What makes you think it would even be a possibility ? AFAIK we don’t have any significant debt.....

our debts have simply been transferred to our owners haven't they?
even if they've really absorbed it all and never want it back, it would only tale for them to decide they no longer wanted to pour their money into our black hole for us to be utterly oxf*rd.,
hence the massive restructuring, (which hopefully means its not really a possibility.)
if we hadn't gone through this clear out I don't think I could say that with any certainty at all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2019 17:03

If the debt has been transferred to them, isn't it now their debt and not ours? And they are loaded...

But yes, for sustainability reasons, this is a very sensible transfer window. Even better if we can bin Mannone, McNulty et al

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2019 17:41

Hound If the debt has been transferred to them, isn't it now their debt and not ours? And they are loaded...

But yes, for sustainability reasons, this is a very sensible transfer window. Even better if we can bin Mannone, McNulty et al

Well it is the football club debt, which is owed to the Yonges, but as they own the club they owe the money to themselves.
We’d be in trouble if we owed money to the taxman, or the banks because we’d have to pay it back.
I think most clubs are effectively ‘in debt’ to their owners in the same way lots of businesses are technically in debt.
The only time it would be an issue would be if the Yonge’s just gave up, stopped paying the players, stopped paying the tax man but they show no signs of that .
I think it makes absolute sense to run the club as efficiently as possible, no point paying thousands of pounds each week in wages and associated costs for players that aren’t needed, but talk of bankruptcy is unfounded. There’s not even been talk of administration let alone going bust....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2019 19:03

Maneki Neko
Nameless
Maneki Neko

even if they've really absorbed it all and never want it back, it would only tale for them to decide they no longer wanted to pour their money into our black hole for us to be utterly oxf*rd.,
hence the massive restructuring, (which hopefully means its not really a possibility.)
if we hadn't gone through this clear out I don't think I could say that with any certainty at all.

Be pretty oxf*rd mental for the owners to file for bankruptcy on themselves, when they're minted and we just owe them money they'll get back when they sell.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Jan 2019 19:33

Did Clement and co leave for financial reasons? Be interesting to know what the project is that Gomes bought into.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 01 Feb 2019 00:15

Denver Royal
Maneki Neko

Sauce?

Yes, definitely on the sauce...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Feb 2019 04:58

Lower West Did Clement and co leave for financial reasons? Be interesting to know what the project is that Gomes bought into.

Moving failing players on is all part of the project. We need to clear the decks so that Gomes can create a winning team in his own image with his own identity.

We mustn't be afraid of change. Change is what is badly needed. Let's support change and let's support our club. If they are to operate within Financial Fair Play then they need our revenue to compete for the best players. We need to get behind the club, go to the games and support the Royals on to success.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Feb 2019 08:50

Well Gomes made it clear yesterday that we have option to buy some of the players loaned in - Oliveria specifically metioned, the others can be speculated. Given this, it is a good move to shift some higher earners replace with younger, hungrier and arguably better options and prioritise signing the ones we want to in the summer, assuming we stay up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2019 09:01

guessing all could come, with the possible exception of Martinez

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2019 12:10

There was an interview with Martinez that suggested he would possibly be available.
IIRC he said something along the lines that he had the chance to be the No2 at Arsenal next season but if that didn’t happen he might find a new club.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Feb 2019 13:44

Snowflake Royal
Maneki Neko
Nameless

Be pretty oxf*rd mental for the owners to file for bankruptcy on themselves, when they're minted and we just owe them money they'll get back when they sell.

Theyre literally pouring money down the drain right now. Losing million screens per year, We are literally kept afloat by their charity.
If we went down but failed to shift our big earners, ticket prices and gates would also drop, our w at Web bill would be huge and we would be hemorrhaging money, people who make money dont like throwing it away for nothing.
The idea that they d continue to do so indefinitely if we didn't look like coming straight back up is suspect to say the least.

Doing this restructure now gives them the leeway to continue funding us, if we stay up, or if we go down and stay down