BFTG Villa

424 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Villa

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Feb 2019 20:02

Villa manager, Dean Smith put the icing on the cake (in the media) for me, no mention of it, no apology, no apparent concern. Preferring to hail Tyrone Mings matchday performance instead.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2019 20:49

AthleticoSpizz Villa manager, Dean Smith put the icing on the cake (in the media) for me, no mention of it, no apology, no apparent concern. Preferring to hail Tyrone Mings matchday performance instead.

Tosspot. I have no issue with Villa maintaining it was an accident, they have every right to do so but show a bit of class and concern. They couldn't give a toss is the message I'm getting from Aston Villa and Mings.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Feb 2019 11:00

The referee for the Villa game Mr Eltringham has been demoted to League 2 for this weekend. He will be doing the Macclesfield v Crewe match.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Feb 2019 11:18

Old Man Andrews The referee for the Villa game Mr Eltringham has been demoted to League 2 for this weekend. He will be doing the Macclesfield v Crewe match.

Well that must have sent a message to him how totally incompitent he was, the assessor must have given him poor marks.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Feb 2019 11:22

Old Man Andrews The referee for the Villa game Mr Eltringham has been demoted to League 2 for this weekend. He will be doing the Macclesfield v Crewe match.

Ooof. Probably the lowest you can go without being given a game at all.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 07 Feb 2019 12:44

Hendo

I think you are being a bit harsh there on these two titans of Cheshire football going head to head in a no doubt red hot derby atmosphere at Moss Rose where it will be every man for themselves on the way out. This powder keg of a fixture will need a safe pair of hands to control it, that is what I am sure the FA were thinking.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Feb 2019 13:24

Mr Optimist
Hendo

I think you are being a bit harsh there on these two titans of Cheshire football going head to head in a no doubt red hot derby atmosphere at Moss Rose where it will be every man for themselves on the way out. This powder keg of a fixture will need a safe pair of hands to control it, that is what I am sure the FA were thinking.

I’m sure it anything kicks off Mr Eltringham will be there to stamp it out.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2019 14:26

Gomes and Oliveira far from happy about the incident in the presser. 100% could have been avoided according to Nelson

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Feb 2019 14:56

Think Oliveira made a good point in the press conference. If it had been Kane on the receiving end this would have been all over the sports headlines for weeks and the FA would have a harder time saying they can't do anything.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Feb 2019 15:24

Sutekh Think Oliveira made a good point in the press conference. If it had been Kane on the receiving end this would have been all over the sports headlines for weeks and the FA would have a harder time saying they can't do anything.

Kane would have taken it on the chin

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2019 16:26

Theres a new video at a different angle. Would pretty much challenge anyone to watch that and see he didn't know exactly what he was doing. Absolutely damning

Dean Smith obvs thinks otherwise though :lol:

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 07 Feb 2019 17:21

Nice one Leon!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Feb 2019 17:31

Oliveira has every right to be very angry with Mings. He was assaulted in front of over 17,000 people and Mings escapes any kind of punishment. His nose has been broken four times and he is struggling to breathe. I can’t see him playing for at least another week or so.

Meanwhile Mings gets to make his home debut. The FA have let Oliveira down very badly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2019 17:49

Tbh, with the release of that latest footage, Dean Smiths comments look rather ill advised as well.

Have the FA actually demoted the clown ref? If so, they have some questions to answer as well. The rest of his performance wasn’t so bad as to get that I didn’t think. Do the FA think he should have taken action?

Reckon this still has a way to go

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Feb 2019 18:00

Not sure if I'm being a bit of an idiot here but Zaha got a FURTHER one match ban following his initial ban he got from applauding the ref on Saturday. The ref clearly saw it because he sent him off. Is it a case of refs being highly overprotected by the FA or am I just being an idiot?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Feb 2019 18:23

Gomes’ comments are pretty strong stuff. He’s specifically saying that what Mings did was intentional. He must be putting himself at risk of an FA letter asking him for an explanation of his comments, which is perhaps the intention.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2019 19:38

Thought it was strange putting Nélson up for interview

Obvs trying to make some point

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Feb 2019 19:44

Very clearly making a point. They both want the FA to look at this and it is astonishing that it hasn’t happened.

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 07 Feb 2019 20:09

Following the comments from Oliveira and Gomes in the press conference today, and the talk from local journalists and fans on social media and indeed here, most people seem to be agreed that accident or not the real failing here is on the FA for choosing not to review the footage due to a rule that clearly needs changing if we are to support fair play in the modern game.

I echo the comments that were this incident to have occurred in a higher profile game or to a higher profile player the media would have been all over it and the FA may have been forced to take a different action. It bugs me that this is now likely to be swept under the carpet when Oliveira could have suffered a career ending injury and the next player on the receiving end of anything similar may not be so lucky.

I know a call to arms often gets ridiculed on here, but don't you think there is something we as fans could/should do to show our disappointment in the FA and to drive change in this regard?

Perhaps a peaceful protest at the Blackburn game next week when all media about this incident will no doubt have died down, just to show that we won't be ignored and the FA should listen? I'm thinking something simple like a 'Glasses Day' where fans can wear spectacles suggesting that the FA need to take a retrospective look at this incident.

Note - Any protest would not be against Mings, this is purely about the FA not reviewing the incident and failing us due to a process that desperately needs changing for the good of the game.

Thoughts?...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Feb 2019 20:24

Nice

The issue here is that Premiership Players careers are more precious than League team players careers.

Saturday was the perfect storm with the wrong weatherman.

Mings has dodged a missile...nevermind a bullet

424 posts