BFTG Villa

424 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Villa

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2019 10:27

Probably best not to get into a ‘rugby is shit / football is shit’ face off !
Suspect you’d run out of ‘rugby is shit’ ideas before we’d even scratched the surface with football, but there is enough about both to make the bad sides tolerable.
I’d take a rugby international over a football one any time but I’d pick an RFC game over a club rugby match even at the moment !

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Feb 2019 10:54

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Nameless I’m a big rugby fan. I’m also a big football fan !
Rugby does a lot of things so much better than football.

Rugby is shit for so many reasons, but I completely agree rugby is years ahead of football in many respects.

you are both literally the worst kind of people

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Feb 2019 11:15

Maneki Neko
Nameless I’m a big rugby fan. I’m also a big football fan !
Rugby does a lot of things so much better than football.

Rugby is shit for so many reasons, but I completely agree rugby is years ahead of football in many respects.

hehe :twisted:

In my family are ex-big club rugby players, army rugby players and most recently youth international squad players. Big twats and I wind them up all the time for playing a shit game.

Having said that I'm thoroughly enjoying the six nations!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Feb 2019 14:25

Maneki Neko

hehe :twisted:

In my family are ex-big club rugby players, army rugby players and most recently youth international squad players. Big twats and I wind them up all the time for playing a shit game.

Having said that I'm thoroughly enjoying the six nations!

Rugby is sh*t end of (*)

(*) Denotes only when Wales lose.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Feb 2019 14:38

Old Man Andrews
I hope he gets hell from fans for the rest of his career.

He won't "get hell". It will all be forgotten about in about a weeks time by anyone who isn't a Reading supporter.

The FA are a victim of their own rules in this instances, they have essentially backed themselves into a corner where they can't interrogate match officials properly because as long as the referee sees something and takes no action then it is currently the end of the story.

Unless VAR is in operation of course then when the referee might see something and decide that no action is the correct decision but suddenly it all gets called back and we stand around for 5 minutes while it things get reviewed in slo-mo from 20 different angles all proving whatever it was that allegedly happened both did and didn't happen depending on where you were looking at it from.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 05 Feb 2019 14:40

If VAR is in use during a game, does the VA Ref. say to the man in the middle "did you see that incident"? The match Ref. replies "yes", does the VA Ref. then say "Oh alright then, carry on" If VAR is to eliminate errors during the game, why can't the FA review incidents after the the game? After all by using VAR they are accepting Refs can and do make mistakes. If corrections to a Refs decisions can be made during a game, then they must be able to correct them after the game has finished.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Feb 2019 15:06

The Royal Forester If VAR is in use during a game, does the VA Ref. say to the man in the middle "did you see that incident"? The match Ref. replies "yes", does the VA Ref. then say "Oh alright then, carry on" If VAR is to eliminate errors during the game, why can't the FA review incidents after the the game? After all by using VAR they are accepting Refs can and do make mistakes. If corrections to a Refs decisions can be made during a game, then they must be able to correct them after the game has finished.

I can see just as many controversial decisions by VAR as there are currently, yeah it may clear up things like last nights Liverpool goal, but then what about Sheff Wed at Chelsea where a penalty wasn't a penalty and after the incident they started with a drop ball when it was clearly a Sheffield corner if it wasn't a penalty. Ive still been arguing about the United penalty, Mata had passed the ball to a player who was offside and interfering with play, but was fouled after the pass......surely offside should have been given as it was the first offence.
Its all gonna get very messy next season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2019 15:50

I agree, I think VAR will simply open up a can of worms. It simply swaps one set of problems for another and doesn’t do anything to address the real issues.
Can’t believe you are still trying to claim the United penalty shouldn’t have been awarded ! It’s essential,we all play tomthe same rules - you can’t just rewrite them to suit yourself !

Needle

by Needle » 05 Feb 2019 17:45

The “the ref dealt with it” rule didn’t apply to Ben Thatcher did it?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Feb 2019 09:16

Needle The “the ref dealt with it” rule didn’t apply to Ben Thatcher did it?

That's because Dermot Gallagher stated in his report, that he did not see the elbow but had booked him for clattering into Mendes. It is therefore a different situation as here the ref said he saw the incident but considered it to be an accident and not a foul.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2019 09:46

Technically, couldn't the FA now be charged with bringing the game into disrepute?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2019 09:48

Sutekh Technically, couldn't the FA now be charged with bringing the game into disrepute?

And who will charge them? They cannot charge themselves.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Feb 2019 09:50

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh Technically, couldn't the FA now be charged with bringing the game into disrepute?

If the football club really wanted to, they could take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2019 09:53

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

If the football club really wanted to, they could take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Can't you only go to the Court of Arbitration when a decison is made against you that you don't agree with? In this instance the FA took no action against anything so I am not sure that would be a possibility. I guess the club could go down the EFL route and ask them to look at it and support a change in the rules regarding the rule on if the ref sees it or not and to support them in condemning the incident. Can't see the EFl giving a toss though.

The club should and I think have let it go now anyway, its over.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Feb 2019 09:58

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Can't you only go to the Court of Arbitration when a decison is made against you that you don't agree with? In this instance the FA took no action against anything so I am not sure that would be a possibility. I guess the club could go down the EFL route and ask them to look at it and support a change in the rules regarding the rule on if the ref sees it or not and to support them in condemning the incident. Can't see the EFl giving a toss though.

The club should and I think have let it go now anyway, its over.

I guess it raises the debate of is no action still an action.

Agreed that we should just move on and let it go, it isn't going to get us anymore points this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2019 10:04

yes, whatever the rights or wrongs, the ref has said he has seen it and said it was an accident. The video evidence isn't conclusive enough to over rule - I suspect if it had been 100% obvious, the ref would have told the FA he didn't see it properly at the time

He is very lucky not to get charged, but its done now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2019 10:10

Life has a funny way of getting you back when you do something wrong. Mings should have written a more detailed response in the wake of the FA not charging him, hasn't helped himself. A one sentence apology in a Tweet about making his debut isn't good enough when you have apparently accidently broken another players nose. Should have written a full and frank apology and explained what happened from his perspective. Sure some would still hold a grudge and play the blame game but at least he would have shown proper remorse.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Feb 2019 10:14

Will be watching the Villa game Friday preying that someone will do him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Feb 2019 12:15

windermereROYAL Will be watching the Villa game Friday preying that someone will do him.

Are you expecting Liam Neeson to be playing?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Feb 2019 18:43

Old Man Andrews Life has a funny way of getting you back when you do something wrong. Mings should have written a more detailed response in the wake of the FA not charging him, hasn't helped himself. A one sentence apology in a Tweet about making his debut isn't good enough when you have apparently accidently broken another players nose. Should have written a full and frank apology and explained what happened from his perspective. Sure some would still hold a grudge and play the blame game but at least he would have shown proper remorse.

What he did on social media was a disgrace. All the "proud to wear the claret and blue" blahblahblah b+llocks, and then threw of the end of the post some kind of half arsed "hope hes ok" crap. Well guess who was wearing more claret them him, the poor b@stard who's face was cut to shreds by his bladed studs. Here's hoping for a fashanueasque elbow comes his way Friday. We don't need smalltime turds like him in football.

424 posts