233 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Done Aluko to China!

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2019 12:36

Forbury Lion
Hound
RoyalBlue
That would be a clever way to ease any FFP issues. Presumably there is something in the rules to stop them being bent quite that much?!

Don’t know what you mean? Seems perfectly reasonable to me :lol:
+1 we sold Greg Halford for £3.5m and Nick Blackman for £2.5m , so at those rates Aluko at £25m looks a bargain.

I'd rather have Nick Blackman than Sone Aluko.

MartinRdg

Re: Sone Aluko to China!

by MartinRdg » 18 Feb 2019 13:17

Royal Rother Probably on here already but I haven’t seen it.

Last with the news usually....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.foot ... 841420.amp

Wrong forum - Rumours and Gossip!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Feb 2019 12:20

sounds like a done deal, no detail of loan or not:

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/ ... o-15858023

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Feb 2019 12:29

Hound sounds like a done deal, no detail of loan or not:

Jesus, that website is nearly unreadable.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Feb 2019 13:20

Hendo

It's absolutely horrendous, even with Adblock. What the hell are they thinking?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Feb 2019 14:24

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Feb 2019 16:48

genome
Hendo

It's absolutely horrendous, even with Adblock. What the hell are they thinking?

Try it without - its like a popup bonanza from the late 90's

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 21 Feb 2019 13:43

In a way, I’d be disappointed if this happens. Regardless of his transfer fee, seems like a decent chap who wants to do well for the team.
Clearly a confidence player and he looked really good in that Derby game. But clearly very inconsistent, like lots of the other players we’ve let go (and some still at the club, e.g. Kelly & Swift).
If we can get him off the books it makes sense and is a good thing to do if we do get relegated.

What concerns me the most is that we are becoming a team/squad that now has a high proportion of loanees; they won’t really give two hoots if we get relegated and turning the ship around might be harder than having more permanent players.

Having said that, I’ve not had to sit through as many forgettable Sone Aluko performances as the average fan so there you go!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Feb 2019 14:06

Notts Royal In a way, I’d be disappointed if this happens. Regardless of his transfer fee, seems like a decent chap who wants to do well for the team.
Clearly a confidence player and he looked really good in that Derby game. But clearly very inconsistent, like lots of the other players we’ve let go (and some still at the club, e.g. Kelly & Swift).
If we can get him off the books it makes sense and is a good thing to do if we do get relegated.

What concerns me the most is that we are becoming a team/squad that now has a high proportion of loanees; they won’t really give two hoots if we get relegated and turning the ship around might be harder than having more permanent players.

Having said that, I’ve not had to sit through as many forgettable Sone Aluko performances as the average fan so there you go!

That was the problem when McDermott took over the second time. Arguable the best players in our team were all loanees and would need to be replaced in the summer. It's why I think the rest of the season was so bad, Brian wasn't that concerned about results when he knew we were never getting relegated, were unlikely to make play offs and he was going to have to completely rebuild the team for the next season.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 23 Feb 2019 19:32

Elm Park Kid
Notts Royal In a way, I’d be disappointed if this happens. Regardless of his transfer fee, seems like a decent chap who wants to do well for the team.

That was the problem when McDermott took over the second time. Arguable the best players in our team were all loanees and would need to be replaced in the summer. It's why I think the rest of the season was so bad, Brian wasn't that concerned about results when he knew we were never getting relegated, were unlikely to make play offs and he was going to have to completely rebuild the team for the next season.

Not sure I agree that Brian wasn’t that concerned. I think it was more him dispairing at the state the club had turned into. He should’ve been given the summer to weed out the prime donnas. Instead, we decided to sack him, and despite a brief bit of success in that play off season, the downward spiral has continued.

That season was odd - we looked the balls at the start under Clarke - Vydra & Sa were class. Then it all turned for the worse

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 24 Feb 2019 12:12

Chinese season starts next weekend and Aluko has been registered as one of Beijing Renhe's foreign players (A team is allowed 4 but only 3 can be in any matchday squad).

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Feb 2019 17:17

That sounds like something that the English Football Leagues could do well to adopt.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Feb 2019 10:21

.@sonealuko has completed paperwork on a loan move which will see him spend the remainder of 2019 in the Chinese Super League with Beijing Renhe.

Good luck, Sone!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Feb 2019 10:57

Hound .@sonealuko has completed paperwork on a loan move which will see him spend the remainder of 2019 in the Chinese Super League with Beijing Renhe.

Good luck, Sone!

Good luck Beijing Renhe

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 27 Feb 2019 21:12

muirinho
Hound .@sonealuko has completed paperwork on a loan move which will see him spend the remainder of 2019 in the Chinese Super League with Beijing Renhe.

Good luck, Sone!

Good luck Beijing Renhe

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Feb 2019 21:18

+ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2019 07:36

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out, and dont come back.

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 02 Mar 2019 05:26

Made his debut last night. Played up front against Shandong and was substituted after 83 mins. Beijing lost 1-0 to a Fellaini goal.

106Royal

by 106Royal » 05 Mar 2019 13:58

I'm a ST holder out here for Renhe so will keep those who care posted!

Like above said, made debut last Friday, mirrored his performances for Reading, a couple of decent flashes but largely ineffective otherwise.

Beijing derby game after next, lets see if he can handle the pressure :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Mar 2019 13:51

106Royal I'm a ST holder out here for Renhe so will keep those who care posted!

Like above said, made debut last Friday, mirrored his performances for Reading, a couple of decent flashes but largely ineffective otherwise.

Beijing derby game after next, lets see if he can handle the pressure :lol:

Thanks for the update but I reckon I speak for most Reading fans when I say don’t bother, I honestly don’t and won’t care what happens to him, I’m just glad he’s not our problem at the moment.

233 posts