MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

298 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2019 14:41

Hope Jose's got Hogwood sealed off ...
Last edited by Sutekh on 11 Mar 2019 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 14:42

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
Stranded
I can say that as that is identical to the line up that played in the following game:

QPR 1 Leeds 0

That is QPR's only win in 14 games. Leeds have also lost 5 of their last 12. They are beatable.

They could well turn up and stuff us 4-0 tomorrow or they could perform as they did at QPR and we get another handy 3 points.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if we had a fully fit midfield, just can't see us being able to stifle them and restrict the counter attack opportunities with the central midfield we currently have.

Not sure which bit you are inclining to agree with:

a) That Leeds are beatable
b) That they could stuff us
c) That we could get a handy 3 points

Not sure the nature of our midfield changes any of the above.

That they are beatable. They become far less beatable with the midfield options we have at the moment. The two holding midfielders they have should completely dominate the centre of the park which will ultimately kill us.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 14:46

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews
I'd be inclined to agree with you if we had a fully fit midfield, just can't see us being able to stifle them and restrict the counter attack opportunities with the central midfield we currently have.

Not sure which bit you are inclining to agree with:

a) That Leeds are beatable
b) That they could stuff us
c) That we could get a handy 3 points

Not sure the nature of our midfield changes any of the above.

That they are beatable. They become far less beatable with the midfield options we have at the moment. The two holding midfielders they have should completely dominate the centre of the park which will ultimately kill us.

Let's just pray for a Barrow screamer to nick a victory.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Mar 2019 14:56

Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL Leeds team already confirmed for tomorrow.
Casilla, Alioski, Cooper, Jansson, Ayling, Phillips, Klich, Roberts, Harrison, Hernandez, Bamford.

Fills me with dread. Henandez could rip us apart at will.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Mar 2019 15:00

Leeds lost 1-0 at QPR last week, they're probably about as good as we are right now. I'd say we're easily capable of winning this but I am fully expecting a point at least.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 15:00

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL Leeds team already confirmed for tomorrow.
Casilla, Alioski, Cooper, Jansson, Ayling, Phillips, Klich, Roberts, Harrison, Hernandez, Bamford.

Fills me with dread. Henandez could rip us apart at will.

QPR have 4 fit first choice midfielders playing, makes a huge difference. They were able to contain Leeds by spoiling the game in midfield and getting stuck in to the two Leeds defensive midfielders. We have John Swift and Lewis Baker, not great options against the best midfield in the league. If we were full strength then maybe.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Mar 2019 15:04

Hopefully the players aren't as much of a pussy'ole as you are then.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 15:05

Platypuss Hopefully the players aren't as much of a pussy'ole as you are then.

Wow........

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Mar 2019 15:23

NewCorkSeth
Hound I’d have 100% said bring in Harriott for Barrow up until 89 mins yesterday as thought he was dreadful. But that’s two massive goals in 2 games. Harriott was good yesterday, whilst G had a stinker - but then he’d been very good at Ipswich I believe

So maybe leave as is

Tbh it’s all about who is fit. Moore dislocated his should FFS. Be impressed if he starts Tuesday

There was a surprising lack of swelling in the topless photos of him at the full time whistle.

Speak for yourself

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 15:27

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Hound I’d have 100% said bring in Harriott for Barrow up until 89 mins yesterday as thought he was dreadful. But that’s two massive goals in 2 games. Harriott was good yesterday, whilst G had a stinker - but then he’d been very good at Ipswich I believe

So maybe leave as is

Tbh it’s all about who is fit. Moore dislocated his should FFS. Be impressed if he starts Tuesday

There was a surprising lack of swelling in the topless photos of him at the full time whistle.

Speak for yourself

:wink:

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 11 Mar 2019 15:32

Platypuss Hopefully the players aren't as much of a pussy'ole as you are then.

Love to know what players you have been watching.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2019 15:33

id be genuinely confident if we had Moore (confirmed), Rino, Oliveira and Ejaria.

As it is, I feel we just have too many holes

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 15:38

Hound id be genuinely confident if we had Moore (confirmed), Rino, Oliveira and Ejaria.

Why would we need Ejaria if we had Rinomhota?

I mean I get that hes looked pretty good and actually links defence to attack quite well with his ability on the ball but I wouldn't play him over Swift in the number 10 role and Rinomhota would presumably play beside Baker. Unless you mean as a bench player..

Of course none of anything i just said matters as we don't have them available..

I would be confident if we had Obita, Ezatolahi, Rinomhota, Baldock, Bodvarson and Oliveira available. That would be sweet. Man, next season could be fun if we sign up some of these players and they stay fit..

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2019 15:40

NewCorkSeth
Hound id be genuinely confident if we had Moore (confirmed), Rino, Oliveira and Ejaria.

I mean I get that hes looked pretty good and actually links defence to attack quite well with his ability on the ball but I wouldn't play him over Swift in the number 10 role and Rinomhota would presumably play beside Baker. Unless you mean as a bench player..

Of course none of anything i just said matters as we don't have them available..

I would be confident if we had Obita, Ezatolahi, Rinomhota, Baldock, Bodvarson and Oliveira available. That would be sweet. Man, next season could be fun if we sign up some of these players and they stay fit..

LOL @ Baldock being here next season.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Mar 2019 15:41

NewCorkSeth
Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth There was a surprising lack of swelling in the topless photos of him at the full time whistle.

Speak for yourself

:wink:

:lol:
Not too hopeful for this one really. Had them pegged for auto in pre-season and I stand by that. They just came thru a test at Brizzle, and now really only have Sheff Utd at home remaining that will test them, and I think they are a better team than the Blades.
Whatever the result, if we can put in a decent performance then I think that can help us going forward.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 15:44

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

LOL @ Baldock being here next season.

Yeah hes a bit meh but his performances on the left wing were actually pretty solid for a bit. He worked hard which is often all that can be said about Meite. And hes managed 6 goals despite being in the side when there was no gameplan or fight. He's a "decent" option who I'm not ready to write off just yet.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Mar 2019 19:36

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
SCIAG I think most of Yiadom's best performances have been at left back tbh.

No.

'Greed.

Reading 3-0 Hull - Yiadom played left back and scored
Reading 2-2 Nottingham Forest - Yiadom switched to left back and forced an own goal

Also have a feeling there was a match where he played left back and set up Baldock for a couple of chances that he missed but I can't remember who we were playing.

Overall this season he's scored once and set up four goals. Of those, at least two of the assists came when he was playing left back despite him spending much more time at right back.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Mar 2019 20:01

SCIAG
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
No.

'Greed.

Reading 3-0 Hull - Yiadom played left back and scored
Reading 2-2 Nottingham Forest - Yiadom switched to left back and forced an own goal

Also have a feeling there was a match where he played left back and set up Baldock for a couple of chances that he missed but I can't remember who we were playing.

Overall this season he's scored once and set up four goals. Of those, at least two of the assists came when he was playing left back despite him spending much more time at right back.

RB - 3 assists
LB - 1 assist and 1 goal.

Not that you can draw conclusions from that. I think he's been better at RB and has been our most consistent player this season. Imo he would have been even better had he not been moved around a bunch.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Mar 2019 20:36

Going to be a shitty night with strong winds tomorrow night, could make it a equal playing field.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2019 21:04

mot Tuesday night cant come quick enough for a nailed on 3 pointer to Leeds. This is considered the worst away ground in the Championship, with the most dullest atmosphere and supporters. Cant believe you have reduced the away allocation so a few can bang an embarrassing drum in what should be given over to away fans. So instead of 4000 in one section, you will have 2000 in the away end and 2000 in the home ends.

Go cry about it elsewhere. No one here cares.

298 posts