Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a) sponsored by Dave Kitson

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2019 14:25

I really dont understand Gomes

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2019 14:27

Dreadfully windy up at the ground apparently. That might help level it a bit more but as we all know it’s going extremely difficult with that midfield.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Mar 2019 14:35

Incoming Olise masterclass performance?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Mar 2019 14:36

Sutekh Martinez
Blackett
Moore
Miazga
Yiadom
Olise
Harriott
Swift
Baker
McCleary
Meite

Subs

Walker
Barrow
O’Shea
Loader
McShane
East
Gunter

I was so close. So, so close. I only got East for Olise incorrect.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Mar 2019 14:38

That’s the end for Kelly surely. After the break have Rino and Ejaria back as well hopefully. No way he will play again

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Mar 2019 14:41

If any of the Liam Kelly fan boys are taking note an 17 year old lad who hasn't ever started a league game has been picked over him. That's the level he is. There can no longer be a debate.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 Mar 2019 14:46

You mean "Future England Star" Liam Kelly?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Mar 2019 14:51

Elm Park Kid You mean "Future England Star" Liam Kelly?

:D reckon he might start being Irish again pretty soon.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Mar 2019 14:54

Old Man Andrews If any of the Liam Kelly fan boys are taking note an 17 year old lad who hasn't ever started a league game has been picked over him. That's the level he is. There can no longer be a debate.

Mate, you’re incredibly dull bringing up kelly every single game. I’m not a kelly fan boy in the slightest, I’ve criticised him before a lot, I just think he’s been treated disgracefully after his performance at united, and then for Gomes to slate his 15 or whatever minute performance at Sheffield. He has something t offer in this system, especially with rino injured

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Mar 2019 14:57

Don't feed the troll.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Mar 2019 14:58

I don't get why everyone is having fun criticising Kelly, he's a product of the youth academy, I want him to succeed, he's had a poor season but I hope he learns from this and can either force his way back into Gomes's plans or use the summer to push on for next season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Mar 2019 15:01

tidus_mi2 I don't get why everyone is having fun criticising Kelly, he's a product of the youth academy, I want him to succeed, he's had a poor season but I hope he learns from this and can either force his way back into Gomes's plans or use the summer to push on for next season.

Personally I don’t think he is good enough but it’s poor from Gomes to single him out for criticism. Really poor and hardly helpful to Kelly’s confidence.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2019 15:05

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews If any of the Liam Kelly fan boys are taking note an 17 year old lad who hasn't ever started a league game has been picked over him. That's the level he is. There can no longer be a debate.

Mate, you’re incredibly dull bringing up kelly every single game. I’m not a kelly fan boy in the slightest, I’ve criticised him before a lot, I just think he’s been treated disgracefully after his performance at united, and then for Gomes to slate his 15 or whatever minute performance at Sheffield. He has something t offer in this system, especially with rino injured

Really don’t get Gomes’ comments on Kelly myself. Yes he had a poor game at Sheffield but then the rest of the team hardly did themselves any credit either. Add to that the fact Kelly picked up an injury early on and was subbed early as well and you wonder just what it was that was so wrong. One would have thought that after the game the two of them would have talked it through so perhaps there’s something more to it than just his perceived performance.

And still do not get the failure to try Blackett or another defender in midfield to at least give some form of protection. Makes a lot more sense to me than another youngster and two lightweight creative midfielders.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Mar 2019 15:08

Sutekh
URZZZZ

Really don’t get Gomes’ comments on Kelly myself. Yes he has poor game at Sheffield but then the rest of the team hardly did themselves any credit either. Add to that the fact Kelly picked up an injury early on and was subbed early as well and you wonder just what it was that was so wrong. One would have thought that after the game the two of them would have talked it through so perhaps there’s something more to it than just his perceived performance.

And still do not get the failure to try Blackett or another defender in midfield to at least give some form of protection. Makes a lot more sense to me than another youngster and two lightweight creative midfielders.

In all honesty, I'm not a fan of playing people out of position, I'd rather see a 5 at the back with Moore, Miazga and McShane with Yiadom and Blackett/Gunter as wingbacks. It then reduces the need to have a holding midfielder, because there's one extra defender

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2019 15:13

Sutekh
URZZZZ

Really don’t get Gomes’ comments on Kelly myself. Yes he had a poor game at Sheffield but then the rest of the team hardly did themselves any credit either. Add to that the fact Kelly picked up an injury early on and was subbed early as well and you wonder just what it was that was so wrong. One would have thought that after the game the two of them would have talked it through so perhaps there’s something more to it than just his perceived performance.

Yep. Although if Kelly has an attitude problem, criticise the attitude not the performance. Even if you somehow except Kelly was at fault for a goal (he wasn't) and was our worst performer in his 15-20 minutes against Sheffield, it's not like plenty of other players haven't put in some shameful performances and cost us goals under Gomes and yet they've not been singled out and punished.

And Gomes is punishing himself as well as Kelly given our total dearth of senior midfield options right now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Mar 2019 15:13

URZZZZ

He's just been left out of the team in favour of a 17 year old. Why is that not a talking point? I'll bring him up all I like.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Mar 2019 15:14

SCIAG Don't feed the troll.

Why can't you handle opinions different to yours? Really weird.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Mar 2019 15:17

tidus_mi2 I don't get why everyone is having fun criticising Kelly, he's a product of the youth academy, I want him to succeed, he's had a poor season but I hope he learns from this and can either force his way back into Gomes's plans or use the summer to push on for next season.

Ah the old "free pass because he is an academy product" rule.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 Mar 2019 15:20

Is there a stream for this?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 16 Mar 2019 15:21

URZZZZ

Mate, you’re incredibly dull bringing up Kelly every single game.

Er, it wasn't OMA who brought up Kelly. Others did, and OMA responded.

182 posts