Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by PistolPete » 03 Aug 2019 22:22

We've now seen a match day squad, team and performance. With 5 days to make some transfers, where do we find ourselves?

According to Jose, "Our focus right now is for a striker and maybe one midfielder more. We need to score so our focus is In those positions.”

:!: In my opinion, and it's harsh, I'd send back Virginia and bring in Smithies from Cardiff for a loan fee. The goalkeeper is such a key position, we can't afford to get it wrong. Failing Smithies, Adrian is without a club after leaving West Ham. Emi Martinez was EXCEPTIONAL so an unfair comparison, but he would have saved all three of the shots (ok, probably on average, 2 of the 3) and his command of the defence was crucial. Virginia may well become a good keeper, but I don't feel he's yet ready, he seemed unable to dish out a bollocking!

:!: WE NEED A PROPER DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER!!! Kante, Matic, Fernandinho, Fabinho, Carrick, Gueye, Wanyama, Ndombele, Busquets, Casemiro, Ndidi, Milivojevic, Neves, Makélélé, Vieira... Right now, Swift is playing out of position as an 8 when he should be higher up the pitch, and Rinho is having to defend without being able to play box to box as he's so obviously capable of. It seems so obvious that we need a 4-2-3-1 with a proper partner for Rino, or a 4-3-3 with a balance to the midfield which Adam is not capable of performing anymore. We were linked with Diaby which sounded decent; Nemanja Radoja is still without a club. Danny Williams on a deal which reflects his fitness? Ethan Ampadu would have been a joke good, Baker provided great balance... surely there is another loan player out there?

:!: We have too many attacking players. Swift, Barrett, Olise, Loader, Boye, Barrow, Meite, Novakovic, Baldock. 9. 9!!. Jose, I love you man, but why do you want a striker?! Bonatini is useless, João is generally not rated by Sheff Wednesday fans... let's just make do with what we have until January when we'll know which of our 9 is the one for us?

So, in conclusion, we need a proper defensive midfielder (imagine if Rino got injured?!) and a Goalkeeper. I'd love a short term fix at left back, but that's not going to happen...
Last edited by PistolPete on 03 Aug 2019 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Aug 2019 22:44

Why do you write his name as Rinho? The "H" comes after the "M". Surely Rino makes more sense as a shortened version?

Also I firmly in the "let's not judge a keeper after 1 game" camp.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 03 Aug 2019 23:04

NewCorkSeth Why do you write his name as Rinho? The "H" comes after the "M". Surely Rino makes more sense as a shortened version?

Edited it - that was pretty thick of me

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2019 07:23

PistolPete
NewCorkSeth Why do you write his name as Rinho? The "H" comes after the "M". Surely Rino makes more sense as a shortened version?

I'm sure you were not alone. A lot of people struggle with names on here.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Aug 2019 14:53

Eza would be a perfect fit in this team, if we cant bring the other back we should have gone for him again. cant understand why Gomes didn't want him, from the little we saw of him hes a bloody good player at this level.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 04 Aug 2019 15:05

windermereROYAL Eza would be a perfect fit in this team, if we cant bring the other back we should have gone for him again. cant understand why Gomes didn't want him, from the little we saw of him hes a bloody good player at this level.

Really don't understand this either

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Aug 2019 15:27

January transfer window was an indication of what lay ahead. The 5 loanees proved decisive in securing Championship status. Trouble is the squad is no further forward. If anything still yet weaker. Are 2 further players going to be enough to turn this team around. The longer future term does look brighter. The lack of midfield options is the most concerning.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Aug 2019 20:58

NewCorkSeth
PistolPete

For me it's RHINO. Fits the player perfectly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Aug 2019 21:08

Snowball
NewCorkSeth
PistolPete

Harsh to describe him as dull witted, flatulent, aggressive, blinkered and at the end of his time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2019 21:13

Snowflake Royal
Snowball
NewCorkSeth I'm sure you were not alone. A lot of people struggle with names on here.

Harsh to describe him as dull witted, flatulent, aggressive, blinkered and at the end of his time.

Harsh on Rhinos.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Aug 2019 21:49

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Snowball

Harsh on Rhinos.

Yeah, they're actually not all that aggressive.

Now hippos, those are nasty.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 04 Aug 2019 22:15

Seems Jose read my post, tried to get Smithies, couldn't, so went for better keeper!

Now, Jose, where did you get to with the proper DMC?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Aug 2019 14:45

StellaPlease Paul fluked one prediction in the form of the Chelsea friendly and has got everything else spectacularly wrong. He dips in and out trying to give the impression that he's in the know, when in fact he knows absolutely nothing, as has been proved.

Chelsea game, tick
Home kit, tick
Training kit, tick
Ejaria, tick,
Oliviera debacle, tick
Howe, tick
Other news, tick

I’d agree mate with one thing. Your use of the word spectacular. Cheers.
You talk bollocks mate. Jealousy is not an attractive feature.

X

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 05 Aug 2019 15:04

paultheroyal
StellaPlease Paul fluked one prediction in the form of the Chelsea friendly and has got everything else spectacularly wrong. He dips in and out trying to give the impression that he's in the know, when in fact he knows absolutely nothing, as has been proved.

Chelsea game, tick
Home kit, tick
Training kit, tick
Ejaria, tick,
Oliviera debacle, tick
Howe, tick
Other news, tick

X

I'm going to have you ask you to calm down there bust briefly :lol:

You guessed we'd be playing in blue and white, and that Oliviera was a done deal, 100%.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Aug 2019 15:10

StellaPlease
paultheroyal

Chelsea game, tick
Home kit, tick
Training kit, tick
Ejaria, tick,
Oliviera debacle, tick
Howe, tick
Other news, tick

X

You guessed we'd be playing in blue and white, and that Oliviera was a done deal, 100%.

None of those 2 sentences make sense. You ok?

However, I will take a guess of sorts at your second sentence.

I had all the features of the kit without clearly stating I had seen it first hand some weeks before. Oliviera deal was very much on, but due to everything we know about, we couldn’t match a firm offer on the table and off he went. As mentioned on here.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 05 Aug 2019 16:00

paultheroyal
StellaPlease
paultheroyal
Chelsea game, tick
Home kit, tick
Training kit, tick
Ejaria, tick,
Oliviera debacle, tick
Howe, tick
Other news, tick

X

I had all the features of the kit without clearly stating I had seen it first hand some weeks before. Oliviera deal was very much on, but due to everything we know about, we couldn’t match a firm offer on the table and off he went. As mentioned on here.

But you said Oliviera was a done deal, which it wasn't.

Look, this clearly means a lot to you, so I'll leave you with it. Just pointing out that you're very rarely correct.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Aug 2019 16:37

StellaPlease
paultheroyal
StellaPlease

Look, this clearly means a lot to you, so I'll leave you with it. Just pointing out that you're very rarely correct.

And then said the deal was wobbling... keep up :lol:

Like I said, truth hurts x

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 05 Aug 2019 16:49

paultheroyal
StellaPlease
paultheroyal

And then said the deal was wobbling... keep up :lol:

Like I said, truth hurts x

How can a done deal wobble? :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2019 19:31

Seems a rumour knocking about that we are interested in some chap called Pele from Monaco

Apparently they bought him from Rio ave for 10m but looks to have had a poor season last year with Monaco and Nottm Forest (judging by whoscored - though a few favourable write ups on the web)

Defensive midfielder
Last edited by Hound on 05 Aug 2019 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2019 19:35

Quick scan on YouTube - not much but must have seen him before, as I remember him for having a ridiculous penalty run up

1826 posts