Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by URZZZZ » 24 Jul 2019 21:20

WestYorksRoyal If we can recoup most of last year's McNulty fee and get Gunter's wages off our books, surely that gives us a little more wiggle room to bring in midfielders and attacking options?

I actually back those at the top of hierarchy to pull a few good signings out; probably people we're not guessing yet. Things always shift at last minute; you never know how the cards will align.

Ejaria is a good example. I assume Brentford are looking at him as a replacement for Sawyers, which would be excellent business from their perspective. But nobody has actually come in for Sawyers yet, despite interest and rumours. If that chain reaction doesn't happen, then on deadline day Liverpool will probably settle for our loan offer with option to buy next year. Things like this are happening all over the place, and it's quite possible that loans or cheap signings become available for PL reserve players and youth products where the club will currently be holding out for better.

Sawyers is actually a cracking little player, didn’t know Brentford were looking to sell him

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 Jul 2019 21:36

WestYorksRoyal If we can recoup most of last year's McNulty fee and get Gunter's wages off our books, surely that gives us a little more wiggle room to bring in midfielders and attacking options?

I actually back those at the top of hierarchy to pull a few good signings out; probably people we're not guessing yet. Things always shift at last minute; you never know how the cards will align.

Ejaria is a good example. I assume Brentford are looking at him as a replacement for Sawyers, which would be excellent business from their perspective. But nobody has actually come in for Sawyers yet, despite interest and rumours. If that chain reaction doesn't happen, then on deadline day Liverpool will probably settle for our loan offer with option to buy next year. Things like this are happening all over the place, and it's quite possible that loans or cheap signings become available for PL reserve players and youth products where the club will currently be holding out for better.

Good post, and good call on Sawyers, WestYorks.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jul 2019 05:45

URZZZZ

Sawyers is actually a cracking little player, didn’t know Brentford were looking to sell him

I thought Brentford were all about selling players ? That’s what they do.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jul 2019 07:23

URZZZZ

I don't think they're looking to sell him, more expecting a big money bid for him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Jul 2019 08:03

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ

I don't think they're looking to sell him, more expecting a big money bid for him.

This - they've already rejected a 2.2m bid from WBA - would imagine they are expecting at least double that to sell and would plan to use the money to bring in Ejaria as his replacement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 08:25

Sawyers is ooc next summer, hence why they’d be lucky to get 3m+ for him

Good player though, expect someone will stump up for him

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jul 2019 11:28

paultheroyal The kit some will like some will not. Probably to plain for some but the touch of red will add something different.

As for the colour green.....

Maybe the marquee signing will hold it aloft on Thursday.

Does this mean we're signing another keeper?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Jul 2019 11:58

Maybe Martinez would prefer to play Charlton over Real Madrid?

Quote from ArseBlog

“I also thought it was interesting that Emery played Emi Martinez for the full 90 minutes against Real Madrid. Aside from spilling the ball in the build-up to Bale’s goal (It wasn’t even totally his fault) he had a really solid game. There were a few eye-catching saves but it was his willingness and ability to play out from the back that struck a chord. It could be an interesting year for him. “

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jul 2019 12:12

Interesting to note that Obita is modelling the new away kit :?

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 25 Jul 2019 13:17

Pepe the Horseman
paultheroyal The kit some will like some will not. Probably to plain for some but the touch of red will add something different.

Hmm anyone else thinking there'll be no signing today?!

MelkshamRoyal

by MelkshamRoyal » 25 Jul 2019 13:31

Hendo Interesting to note that Obita is modelling the new away kit :?

I guess he has to give something back to the club to warrant the Gourlay 2017 contract extension! $$$

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jul 2019 13:54

Royal Bison
Pepe the Horseman

Hmm anyone else thinking there'll be no signing today?!

Why are there no pics of anyone modelling the GK kit? :?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 13:56

Good looking bloke.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jul 2019 14:11

MelkshamRoyal

I guess he has to give something back to the club to warrant the Gourlay 2017 contract extension! $$$

Not enough :| 's

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 14:24

NewCorkSeth

Good looking bloke.

Unfortunately Charlie Adam was signed a little to late to do the photo shoot

Didn’t Meyler model it last year? Bit of a bizarre choice that one

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 14:49

Hound
NewCorkSeth

Good looking bloke.

Moore, Vito and Yiadom.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 25 Jul 2019 15:50

Villa have signed so many players, I wonder if they’d let Birkir Bjarnason come to us on loan? He’d work so well with Rino, but more importantly, he’s Icelandic.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jul 2019 16:25

NewCorkSeth
Hound
NewCorkSeth Good looking bloke.

Moore, Vito and Yiadom.

I thought they changed Moore to Meyler after Moore handed in his transfer request? Something like that

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 16:30

PistolPete Villa have signed so many players, I wonder if they’d let Birkir Bjarnason come to us on loan? He’d work so well with Rino, but more importantly, he’s Icelandic.

Not a bad shout looking at Villa. They’ve bought an entirely new team

Did think Hogan might be considered as long as we didn’t pay more than a small percentage of his wage

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 16:33

Hound
PistolPete Villa have signed so many players, I wonder if they’d let Birkir Bjarnason come to us on loan? He’d work so well with Rino, but more importantly, he’s Icelandic.

Not a bad shout looking at Villa. They’ve bought an entirely new team

Did think Hogan might be considered as long as we didn’t pay more than a small percentage of his wage

Tshibola? :lol:

1826 posts