Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jul 2019 15:15

Denver Royal
Stranded If Miazga is done then a CB selection of Moore, Miazga, Morrison & McIntyre is pretty solid and you would be comfortable with any combination there. 3 captains too.

Wouldn't be upset if McIntyre went for minutes on loan but Osho hasn't looked ready in pre-season so may be best for him to stay.

Gomes did play 3 CBs at times last year, so opportunities will come.

Could be that Liam Moore will have stiff competition keeping his starting place. If Morrison plays well, scores goals, etc, doubt that Gomes will be 'forced' in to changing the whole formation and going 3 at the back. The easier decision would be to drop Moore. Doubt it matters much that he's club captain. It didn't with McShane.

Reckon Moore is the first name on the team sheet. Maybe second. The others are here to play with him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jul 2019 15:20

NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal
Stranded If Miazga is done then a CB selection of Moore, Miazga, Morrison & McIntyre is pretty solid and you would be comfortable with any combination there. 3 captains too.

Wouldn't be upset if McIntyre went for minutes on loan but Osho hasn't looked ready in pre-season so may be best for him to stay.

Gomes did play 3 CBs at times last year, so opportunities will come.

Could be that Liam Moore will have stiff competition keeping his starting place. If Morrison plays well, scores goals, etc, doubt that Gomes will be 'forced' in to changing the whole formation and going 3 at the back. The easier decision would be to drop Moore. Doubt it matters much that he's club captain. It didn't with McShane.

Reckon Moore is the first name on the team sheet. Maybe second. The others are here to play with him.

Of course they are, initially, but if Moore knows there are decent CBs who can take his place that should only improve his performances. You don't want any player thinking they are undroppable.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jul 2019 15:27

Stranded
NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal Could be that Liam Moore will have stiff competition keeping his starting place. If Morrison plays well, scores goals, etc, doubt that Gomes will be 'forced' in to changing the whole formation and going 3 at the back. The easier decision would be to drop Moore. Doubt it matters much that he's club captain. It didn't with McShane.

Of course they are, initially, but if Moore knows there are decent CBs who can take his place that should only improve his performances. You don't want any player thinking they are undroppable.

I 100% agree in principle. However Moore is undroppable. And I reckon he knows it. But he is a professional so I suspect it wouldn't hinder his performances.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jul 2019 15:29

NewCorkSeth
Stranded
NewCorkSeth Reckon Moore is the first name on the team sheet. Maybe second. The others are here to play with him.

I 100% agree in principle. However Moore is undroppable. And I reckon he knows it. But he is a professional so I suspect it wouldn't hinder his performances.

Moore is not undroppable - he is, however, unlikely to be dropped as he is consistent.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jul 2019 15:32

I'll be shocked if Moore's form tails off enough for him to be dropped. He has been consistent for 3 years and is a consummate professional. But if his standards do fall, he should absolutely be dropped if Miazga and Morrison are available. Nobody is undroppable and competition is good to stop complacency (not that I think that would be an issue for Moore)

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Jul 2019 15:41

Morrison scored 7 goals last season. If he plays as well as Moore defensively, what do you do? Change the formation of the team? Moore does have last season's partnership with Miazga going for him at the outset. But there's nothing to suggest Morrison couldn't play alongside Miazga too. Obv you play the players that give you the best chance to win. Right now, maybe that's Moore, but things can change.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 23 Jul 2019 15:48

I've mentioned in another thread, the competition of CB places will only make us better. This is not a dilemma for the fans to worry about more rejoice in it. Thats if Miazga does comes in.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jul 2019 15:58

Coppells Lost Coat I've mentioned in another thread, the competition of CB places will only make us better. This is not a dilemma for the fans to worry about more rejoice in it. Thats if Miazga does comes in.

For the past 2 years, most selection dilemmas have been "who the oxf*rd could possibly play there? Everything is oxf*rd". It'll be nice to have good selection dilemmas.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2019 16:38

WestYorksRoyal
Coppells Lost Coat I've mentioned in another thread, the competition of CB places will only make us better. This is not a dilemma for the fans to worry about more rejoice in it. Thats if Miazga does comes in.

For the past 2 years, most selection dilemmas have been "who the oxf*rd could possibly play there? Everything is oxf*rd". It'll be nice to have good selection dilemmas.

Well let’s hope mr injury crisis has also been shipped out over the summer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2019 16:44

Denver Royal Morrison scored 7 goals last season. If he plays as well as Moore defensively, what do you do? Change the formation of the team? Moore does have last season's partnership with Miazga going for him at the outset. But there's nothing to suggest Morrison couldn't play alongside Miazga too. Obv you play the players that give you the best chance to win. Right now, maybe that's Moore, but things can change.

Play your best team, if that doesn't include Moore, don't play him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Jul 2019 16:50

[*]g
Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal

If we have the same injury record for a third season running, with mystery injuries, niggles and returns for small knocks taking months, we need to sack our entire fitness team and start again. It's been too frequent to simply put down to luck

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 23 Jul 2019 16:51

Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal

His name is Bodvarsson and yes, he has gone :wink:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2019 20:47

It`s interesting to note McNulty and Meyler posted on twitter in a restaurant with the caption THE LAST SUPPER, wonder if one or both are off. .

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jul 2019 21:28

windermereROYAL It`s interesting to note McNulty and Meyler posted on twitter in a restaurant with the caption THE LAST SUPPER, wonder if one or both are off. .

We’ve sold them both for 30 pieces of silver

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2019 22:53

Nameless
windermereROYAL It`s interesting to note McNulty and Meyler posted on twitter in a restaurant with the caption THE LAST SUPPER, wonder if one or both are off. .

I'd pick Barrabas over Meyler to be fair.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Jul 2019 23:05

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal Morrison scored 7 goals last season. If he plays as well as Moore defensively, what do you do? Change the formation of the team? Moore does have last season's partnership with Miazga going for him at the outset. But there's nothing to suggest Morrison couldn't play alongside Miazga too. Obv you play the players that give you the best chance to win. Right now, maybe that's Moore, but things can change.

Play your best team, if that doesn't include Moore, don't play him.

Agreed. Nobody is undroppable.

Is moore REALLY that good? Or we just that bad?

I don't think we will miss him.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Jul 2019 23:06

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

I'd pick Bin Laden over him.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Jul 2019 07:55

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Is he still at Macabi tel Aviv?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Jul 2019 08:01

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

We should wash our hands of the pair of them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jul 2019 08:07

Mentioned on a Rumours thread, pulling together a few strings of info out there, looks like McNulty is off to Sunderland. Good deal for all if so.

1826 posts