MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by Jordan Holsgrove's dad

122 posts
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by Jordan Holsgrove's dad

by 72 bus » 27 Apr 2019 22:12

Sutekh
Eaststandman To the knockers, Loader says feck you!

Those two sit just behind me

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a) sponsored by Jordan Holsgrove's dad

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2019 12:02

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Ranty McRantface
Mick Gooding was saying the complete opposite of what Ian said about Olise. It's fascinating how so many people watch the same game but have different opinions. I guess we'll find out in a couple of years who was right.

Oh there's no logic or reason that I can think of. You ever sometimes just don't immediately take to a player with no explanation? It's that. Nothing to do with performance or apparent talent. It's definitely me, not him.

I think the odd thing here is expecting to ‘bond’ with a player having seen him play just once or twice.
I wouldn’t expect you to have his name on your shirt or a tattoo yet but give the lad a chance !

I haven't not given him a chance.

All I said was something inexplicable about him doesnt convince me. It's hardly showering him with criticism or writing him off.

It just felt odd and comment worthy because I'm usually excited to see our young players step up and try to prove themselves. May just be because I'd literally never heard his name before his first appearances I'm going in comparatively cold.

Dunno. The interest in the comment and reaction seems somewhat disproportionate.

122 posts