CONFIMRED - Ovie Ejaria

250 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Ovie Ejaria

by paultheroyal » 09 Aug 2019 09:27

strap I still don;t understand about 10 days ago we were under a soft embargo, and now we've spent millions in fees and wages, without really letting anyone go, well certainly not in the numbers we were expecting.

Is Mr Dai going shot or bust, hoping to get out of the Chump and so escape any retribution for sticking 2 fingers up to EFL's FFP?? I simply don't get it.

I will also post this elsewhere - but this article might help and I wont be surprised if we have deployed the same tactics.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... y-off.html

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 09 Aug 2019 09:44

paultheroyal
strap I still don;t understand about 10 days ago we were under a soft embargo, and now we've spent millions in fees and wages, without really letting anyone go, well certainly not in the numbers we were expecting.

Is Mr Dai going shot or bust, hoping to get out of the Chump and so escape any retribution for sticking 2 fingers up to EFL's FFP?? I simply don't get it.

I will also post this elsewhere - but this article might help and I wont be surprised if we have deployed the same tactics.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... y-off.html

Very interesting. Thanks Paul, as you say, wouldn't be a surprise at all if we have.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2019 09:48

Interestingly, though, after the friction of last season, there has been a very muted response to Derby's ruse from their rivals in the Championship.

Might this be because Middlesbrough, Leeds and Preston are also sponsored by 32Red, while Birmingham, Blackburn, Bristol City, Charlton, Fulham, Huddersfield, Hull, Queens Park Rangers, Stoke, Swansea and Wigan also have gambling companies as shirt sponsors

I think Casumo need to work on their brand identity.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 Aug 2019 09:51

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2019 09:59

From Despair To Where?
Interestingly, though, after the friction of last season, there has been a very muted response to Derby's ruse from their rivals in the Championship.

Might this be because Middlesbrough, Leeds and Preston are also sponsored by 32Red, while Birmingham, Blackburn, Bristol City, Charlton, Fulham, Huddersfield, Hull, Queens Park Rangers, Stoke, Swansea and Wigan also have gambling companies as shirt sponsors

Perhaps by sponsoring a football club and helping it become stable and successful ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2019 10:02

Definitely interesting. No real sign of Casumo being any more visible than a standard sponsor (yet) though

Maybe they will name the stadium etc and that’s where the bit of extra money has come from (I genuinely don’t think it’s a lot mind you - nothing like Rooneys 100k p/w)

Derby really do push it. Having Rooney being #32 is half very clever/half immoral imo.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2019 10:10

Nameless
From Despair To Where?

Perhaps by sponsoring a football club and helping it become stable and successful ?

Well, I think they need to give us another £20m to make sure the message is going out loud and clear.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2019 10:40

Hound Definitely interesting. No real sign of Casumo being any more visible than a standard sponsor (yet) though

Maybe they will name the stadium etc and that’s where the bit of extra money has come from (I genuinely don’t think it’s a lot mind you - nothing like Rooneys 100k p/w)

Derby really do push it. Having Rooney being #32 is half very clever/half immoral imo.

The Rooney 32 thing is a bit weird. Had he signed for Forest or Bristol City it would work. But Derby play in white. He just has 32 on his shirt but it’s not 32Red....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Aug 2019 12:18

Nameless
Hound Definitely interesting. No real sign of Casumo being any more visible than a standard sponsor (yet) though

The Rooney 32 thing is a bit weird. Had he signed for Forest or Bristol City it would work. But Derby play in white. He just has 32 on his shirt but it’s not 32Red....

Really ?

Why not simply change the colour of the numbers to red ?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 09 Aug 2019 17:04

bcubed
skipper Can someone do me a favour, as I've struggled to remember....

Who have we signed?

Which are loans and which were permittent?

And who have we got rid of?

I've missed the Loader going thing...

Try this
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-read ... erein/1032

Mate, that was great, thanks

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Aug 2019 07:47

skipper
bcubed
skipper Can someone do me a favour, as I've struggled to remember....

Who have we signed?

Which are loans and which were permittent?

And who have we got rid of?

I've missed the Loader going thing...

Try this
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-read ... erein/1032

Mate, that was great, thanks

Not very accurate , though.
Lists Aluko as ‘Second Striker’
Must be at least 5th or 6th

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Aug 2019 12:55

Franchise FC
Nameless

Really ?

EFL potentially looking at this deal and stating the size of the shirt number exceeds the maximum size for back of shirt sponsorship. If they changed the colour of Rooney’s numbers and no one else, then it’d definitely make the EFL role a bit

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Aug 2019 09:45

3points
Franchise FC
Nameless

Really ?

EFL potentially looking at this deal and stating the size of the shirt number exceeds the maximum size for back of shirt sponsorship. If they changed the colour of Rooney’s numbers and no one else, then it’d definitely make the EFL role a bit

So just make them all red - can’t see the problem and good luck to them

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 Aug 2019 11:45

I still can't see why a player being sponsored by a betting company has the EFL outraged, yet they are completely happy for clubs to have betting companies as sponsors, not to mention the league itself.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 11 Aug 2019 11:59

Franchise FC
3points
Franchise FC
Really ?

It’s the size which is the problem, rather than the colour

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2019 12:28

tmesis I still can't see why a player being sponsored by a betting company has the EFL outraged, yet they are completely happy for clubs to have betting companies as sponsors, not to mention the league itself.

Because sponsorship has to conform to certain rules

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 11 Aug 2019 12:34

Derby can't or won't sell childrens' shirts with their sponsor's name on them. Is it th same with us?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Aug 2019 16:47

Hampshire Royal Derby can't or won't sell childrens' shirts with their sponsor's name on them. Is it th same with us?

Yes.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Aug 2019 06:40

3points
Franchise FC
3points EFL potentially looking at this deal and stating the size of the shirt number exceeds the maximum size for back of shirt sponsorship. If they changed the colour of Rooney’s numbers and no one else, then it’d definitely make the EFL role a bit

The size and colour of numbers on the back of the shirt are reasonably standard. If Derby choose to give Rooney number 32 and change the entire team number colour to red, how does that contravene sponsorship rules ?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 12 Aug 2019 21:50

Franchise FC
3points
Franchise FC So just make them all red - can’t see the problem and good luck to them

The size and colour of numbers on the back of the shirt are reasonably standard. If Derby choose to give Rooney number 32 and change the entire team number colour to red, how does that contravene sponsorship rules ?

Read my original post. But simply put back of shirt sponsorship is limited to a certain size (which is smaller than the shirt numbers). Therefore by making the numbers into “sponsorship” then it potentially contravenes the sponsorship rules

250 posts