Watching Reading Abroad

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Spid

Watching Reading Abroad

by Spid » 02 Jul 2019 03:38

FAO All those Royals who are not based in the UK -

How do you watch/listen to games? Do you watch live or just catch-up with highlights etc? I was using a VPN/Sky Go for games last year but that was a bit of a PITA at times so wondered what everyone else did?

(Apologies if this has been asked multiple times before)

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Watching Reading Abroad

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 02 Jul 2019 04:10

Cough up for the Reading Player thing. Its actually a decent service now that it has commentary synced. Just unfortunate that they are very good at catching multiple simultaneous sign ins.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 02 Jul 2019 04:29

I agree with 1 million miles away. I watch all the games from Australia. I am so happy because for about 10 years all I could do was listen to the games.

the service is pretty good, a couple of times last year the service wasnt working at the start of the match, but they fix it pretty quickly.

For me, its definitiely worth the money. No more waking up at 2am to listen to commentary only.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jul 2019 08:23

Ifollow Reading. The first year it was a piss poor service. No commentary, frequent breakdowns and God awful customer service. Last year it was great. I only had one game that caused problems I think.

The cons are no cup games and, as I live in Europe, anytime eurosport had the rights to a game I couldn't watch it. Obviously that meant there was an illegal stream available but you get used to not having to find a link.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jul 2019 08:31

Can only echo the above. iFollow improved massively and is well worth the €130 I pay for the season (though you can just pick and choose games). Commentary and graphics were added last year only issues with that is that you are stick with Tim & Mick which can be painful at times and the score can take an age to update - which can be annoying if you come into a game late and the score suddenly changes for no obvious reason.

Only downside is no replays (except for midweek games).

As someone mentioned, if the game is picked up for international coverage, you can't watch it on iFollow so you need to investigate who has the local rights - some services are great and show each game that is selected but others may not - so if the local channel doesn't show it you will miss it as iFollow can't.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Jul 2019 14:36

Stranded

Another big, fat +1 for the iFollow thingy now that the service was revamped last season.

There is a useful "Back 30 seconds" button tab thingy in the lower left of the screen which is always useful for instant replays at any time - and with slo-mo, too, if you wish - so you can moan immediately to bastards in black.... :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jul 2019 14:40

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Stranded

Another big, fat +1 for the iFollow thingy now that the service was revamped last season.

There is a useful "Back 30 seconds" button tab thingy in the lower left of the screen which is always useful for instant replays at any time - and with slo-mo, too, if you wish - so you can moan immediately to bastards in black.... :roll:

That was one of the more questionable changes they made last year. The first year it was "back 15 seconds" and I dont know why they changed it.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Jul 2019 19:23

NewCorkSeth
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Stranded

That was one of the more questionable changes they made last year. The first year it was "back 15 seconds" and I dont know why they changed it.

I think it's for doddery old gits like me who aren't quick enough to put the pointy thing on the button....

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 02 Jul 2019 19:30

Ifollow for me as well in the States. It works a charm.

Spid

by Spid » 03 Jul 2019 01:30

Thanks guys - I'll give the iFollow thing a go i think.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Jul 2019 06:53

Stranded Can only echo the above. iFollow improved massively and is well worth the €130 I pay for the season (though you can just pick and choose games). Commentary and graphics were added last year only issues with that is that you are stick with Tim & Mick which can be painful at times and the score can take an age to update - which can be annoying if you come into a game late and the score suddenly changes for no obvious reason.

As someone mentioned, if the game is picked up for international coverage, you can't watch it on iFollow so you need to investigate who has the local rights - some services are great and show each game that is selected but others may not - so if the local channel doesn't show it you will miss it as iFollow can't.

Where do you get the iFollow package for that price?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2019 08:35

Royalwaster
Stranded Can only echo the above. iFollow improved massively and is well worth the €130 I pay for the season (though you can just pick and choose games). Commentary and graphics were added last year only issues with that is that you are stick with Tim & Mick which can be painful at times and the score can take an age to update - which can be annoying if you come into a game late and the score suddenly changes for no obvious reason.

Where do you get the iFollow package for that price?

For €130? That's the price for anywhere in the Eurozone.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Jul 2019 09:08

Spid Thanks guys - I'll give the iFollow thing a go i think.

You can buy it match by match if you dont fancy shelling out for the full season. Just in case it's not your thing.

Another thing is there is a mobile app which I have actually found runs smoother than the website (anyone else notice that?) Which is great when you have a wedding or something match day.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2019 09:17

NewCorkSeth

You can buy it match by match if you dont fancy shelling out for the full season. Just in case it's not your thing.

Another thing is there is a mobile app which I have actually found runs smoother than the website (anyone else notice that?) Which is great when you have a wedding or something match day.

App is much better than the website, so much so I just tend to use the app and mirror it to my TV if I'm watching at home

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Jul 2019 09:32

Stranded
NewCorkSeth

App is much better than the website, so much so I just tend to use the app and mirror it to my TV if I'm watching at home

I dont yet have a TV capable of doing that.. one day..

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1