CONFIMRED - Charlie Adam

356 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Charlie Adam

by 3points » 03 Aug 2019 22:04

Snowflake Royal First few minutes, played No. 10. Used his experience well, avoided the Hollywood ball and played very neat stuff.

Remainder, played deeper and pumped Hollywood pass after pass to Wednesday or into touch. But did wipe out their striker brilliantly (and fairly).

Also out in a very nasty looking challenge in Adam Reach near the left touchline which the ref missed. Was right in front of me and he raked his studs right down Reach’s shin

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Aug 2019 22:12

He has ‘previous” admittedly

Maybe (and to quote Alice Cooper) it’s “No More Mr Nice Guy” for Reading?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Aug 2019 22:26

3points
Snowflake Royal First few minutes, played No. 10. Used his experience well, avoided the Hollywood ball and played very neat stuff.

Remainder, played deeper and pumped Hollywood pass after pass to Wednesday or into touch. But did wipe out their striker brilliantly (and fairly).

Also out in a very nasty looking challenge in Adam Reach near the left touchline which the ref missed. Was right in front of me and he raked his studs right down Reach’s shin

Not having this Hollywood bollocks. He was trying to play forward passes something the entire team had hitherto failed for the entire game (and last season you could say)

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Aug 2019 01:19

On the day, 1st appearance, thought Adam did ok-ish.
If you knew nothing previous, judged players on the day and why we lost, think there’d be some different grades.
Moore, Yiadom and Rino were really disappointing. 1st name on teamsheet, player of season types.
But when Adam is attacked personally, and previously, the stall has been set and the die cast. It’s a long way back from there, in this place, and he’d need to have several MOTM performances, and even then I’m not sure.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 04 Aug 2019 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Aug 2019 01:38

Denver Royal On the day, thought Adam did ok-ish.
If you knew nothing previous, judged players yesterday on face value and analyzed their performance on the day and why we lost, think there’d be some different grades.
Thought Moore, Yiadom and Rino were really disappointing. They are 1st name on teamsheet, player of season types.
But when Adam is attacked in here personally, and previously, the stall has been set, and the die has been cast. It’s a long way back from there, in this place, and he’d need to have several MOTM performances, and even then I’m not sure.

Wtf are you saying?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Aug 2019 02:07

BR0B0T Whilst he's wearing a Reading FC shirt I'll obvs be backing him.

Yep, not sure but hopefully he has something left and can contribute. Early doors, but maybe he adjusts to us, and we to him. Else, a one season deal and he won’t play too much.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Aug 2019 07:24

leon
3points

Not having this Hollywood bollocks. He was trying to play forward passes something the entire team had hitherto failed for the entire game (and last season you could say)

You can play a forward pass to someone 10 feet from you. They don’t all have to be cross field and 40 yard through balls.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Aug 2019 08:16

Thought he did alright actually, a few really nice forward passes and even took on a Wednesday player and beat him with quick feet.

Those who are saying he played a load of balls into touch, there was one really nice one out to Barrow who, controlled it, and then let it run out of play. :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Aug 2019 08:53

leon
3points

Not having that right back at you. He played loads of straight and diagonal long balls that were shit. We had the man advantage and some time. We needed to not just hoof it straight back to them.

He played 10 long balls. 2 found a Reading shirt (whoscored). Passing accuracy of 65%. Not. Good. Enough.

His first few minutes were spot on when he played ahead of Rino and Swift. Dropped deeper when Swift came off and went to shit.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Aug 2019 09:48

3points

Good.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Aug 2019 09:49

CountryRoyal
leon
3points Also out in a very nasty looking challenge in Adam Reach near the left touchline which the ref missed. Was right in front of me and he raked his studs right down Reach’s shin

You can play a forward pass to someone 10 feet from you. They don’t all have to be cross field and 40 yard through balls.

Tbf he did that too

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Aug 2019 10:24

Maneki Neko
3points

Good.

:|

Thats not good.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Aug 2019 10:58

Snowflake Royal
leon
3points Also out in a very nasty looking challenge in Adam Reach near the left touchline which the ref missed. Was right in front of me and he raked his studs right down Reach’s shin

Not having that right back at you. He played loads of straight and diagonal long balls that were shit. We had the man advantage and some time. We needed to not just hoof it straight back to them.

He played 10 long balls. 2 found a Reading shirt (whoscored). Passing accuracy of 65%. Not. Good. Enough.

His first few minutes were spot on when he played ahead of Rino and Swift. Dropped deeper when Swift came off and went to shit.

Compared to what was on before he tried to make a difference. Swift had done nothing - he was trying to make something happen. I remember 2 excellent through balls he played.

That’s more than I remember any other player doing yesterday.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Aug 2019 16:31

Isn`t it strange how we all see games differently? I thought Charlie was decent yesterday. he most certainly did not play 10 long balls out of play that I read somewhere after the game.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 04 Aug 2019 16:36

Pass completion does not tell the whole story, Pass completion is always going to be low if you are playing forward passes into space which your teammates don't have the nous/can't be arsed to get on the end of.
This will be Charlies problem at Reading, a team full of players who refuse to find space and lack the anticipation to get to where the ball is going to end up.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Aug 2019 16:47

72 bus Pass completion does not tell the whole story, Pass completion is always going to be low if you are playing forward passes into space which your teammates don't have the nous/can't be arsed to get on the end of.
This will be Charlies problem at Reading, a team full of players who refuse to find space and lack the anticipation to get to where the ball is going to end up.

The new John Oster?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Aug 2019 17:13

SCIAG
72 bus Pass completion does not tell the whole story, Pass completion is always going to be low if you are playing forward passes into space which your teammates don't have the nous/can't be arsed to get on the end of.

The new John Oster?

What a player

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Aug 2019 17:24

Did ok as a ‘bring-on’ sub when the game was won (which is was inevitably won back in the day) ....scored a couple too

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Aug 2019 17:49

This, in buckets.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Aug 2019 18:43

Denver Royal On the day, 1st appearance, thought Adam did ok-ish.
If you knew nothing previous, judged players on the day and why we lost, think there’d be some different grades.
Moore, Yiadom and Rino were really disappointing. 1st name on teamsheet, player of season types.
But when Adam is attacked personally, and previously, the stall has been set and the die cast. It’s a long way back from there, in this place, and he’d need to have several MOTM performances, and even then I’m not sure.

The only people I've seen "attack him" are those that thought Swift was our best player because of his show pony passes cross field.....which achieved nothing. Couldn't tackle and devoid of ideas when on the ball.

356 posts