CONFIMRED - Lucas Boye

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Lucas Boye

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 02 Aug 2019 14:35

The Enfield Royal71
StellaPlease
The Enfield Royal71
Yes this post doesn't really fit Ians narrative of players who only play in one position.

I assume you mean snowflake?
I think he over analyses things.

Are you not Kes?

Subtle deflection...

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 02 Aug 2019 14:40

5ft 10 apparently?

Looks much bigger in the videos

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Aug 2019 14:47

I have a question for a rules boffin. Boye makes 4 loan signings. Rumour is we're going for another striker, while the Ejaria deal is not dead.

As we have no money, I assume these would be loans, potentially up to 6 loans. You are only allowed 5 in your matchday squad. Do we get around this because Boye is an international loan? I remember Watford played the rules like this a few years ago; has the loophole been closed?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Aug 2019 14:48

WestYorksRoyal I have a question for a rules boffin. Boye makes 3 loan signings. Rumour is we're going for another striker, while the Ejaria deal is not dead. I'd also like another DM.

As we have no money, I assume these would be loans, potentially up to 6 loans. You are only allowed 5 in your matchday squad. Do we get around this because Boye is an international loan? I remember Watford played the rules like this a few years ago; has the loophole been closed?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Aug 2019 14:52

WestYorksRoyal I have a question for a rules boffin. Boye makes 4 loan signings. Rumour is we're going for another striker, while the Ejaria deal is not dead.

We had this problem last season when Eza didn't make the squad after getting over his injuries. So I guess the rule still applies.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Aug 2019 14:56

WestYorksRoyal I have a question for a rules boffin. Boye makes 4 loan signings. Rumour is we're going for another striker, while the Ejaria deal is not dead.

Yes, the loophole has been closed.

You will recall that we have had six loans on a couple of occasions. Firstly when Steve Clarke was manager, leading to Andrew Taylor and Alex Fernandez taking it in turns to be out of the squad (and of the six, Fernandez and Ola John were international loans). And secondly, last season, where there was a risk we wouldn't be able to select Ezatolahi (who of course was an international loan). Fortunately that was largely averted by injuries to Eza and Oliveria.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Aug 2019 15:04

Cool, so if we want to strengthen it's essentially 2 out of CF, Ejaria and DM

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Aug 2019 15:11

Tilehurstsouthbank
The Enfield Royal71
StellaPlease
I assume you mean snowflake?
I think he over analyses things.

Are you not Kes?

Subtle deflection...

I'm not deflecting anything.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Aug 2019 16:43

Given our injury record the last couple of seasons, we’ll need more than 5 on loan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2019 18:19

The Enfield Royal71
StellaPlease
Snowflake Royal Interesting to see what happens with him. Does Gomes want him as the big guy to lead the line and hold the ball up?

Does Gomes want to play two big rough diamonds wide in Boye and Meite for the big diagonal outball and to bully full backs attacking the far post? Would that mean Barrow upfront? In behind the striker? On his way out?

What does it mean for Loader, Olise, Barrett and Nova?

This guy certainly seems like a combative physical presence.

:roll:

He plays as a winger and has been signed as a winger.

Yes this post doesn't really fit Ians narrative of players who only play in one position.

FYI
"Interesting to see" =/= I approve of chopping and changing him between positions.

Know very little about him, but others describe him as striker / winger.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 03 Aug 2019 10:44

We could have a forward line of Meite Barrow Boye - just trips off the tongue, even if it's bit too Millwall.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Aug 2019 11:00

WestYorksRoyal Cool, so if we want to strengthen it's essentially 2 out of CF, Ejaria and DM

Of course we can just pay the bargain price of £3m for Ejaria if FFP allows it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2019 11:03

Fox Talbot We could have a forward line of Meite Barrow Boye - just trips off the tongue, even if it's bit too Millwall.

:)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Aug 2019 12:11

2 world wars, 1 world cup
WestYorksRoyal Cool, so if we want to strengthen it's essentially 2 out of CF, Ejaria and DM

It doesn't ... end of.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2019 14:12

Royalwaster

It doesn't ... end of.

Well, it would depend on the structure of the deal and how long a contract we give him. Signing a player for "3m" does not mean that it all goes against our FFP this season - could be spread over a number of seasons.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Aug 2019 14:59

Stranded
Royalwaster

It doesn't ... end of.

Well, it would depend on the structure of the deal and how long a contract we give him. Signing a player for "3m" does not mean that it all goes against our FFP this season - could be spread over a number of seasons.

Ooh. That's more like it!

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 19 Jul 2020 14:09

I've head a few players say Boyé is amazing in training, so what is stopping Bowen from picking the guy?

Boye left, Meite right just seems so obvious!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jul 2020 16:06

PistolPete I've head a few players say Boyé is amazing in training, so what is stopping Bowen from picking the guy?

I recall one fans forum where Kevin Dillon said Emerse Fae was brilliant in training so I’d always take any similar remarks with a pinch of salt esp. if the players concerned haven’t shown anything to convince in the time they have had on the pitch.

To be fair to Boye though, Gomes brought him to the club and then hardly played him, MB took a look and presumably wasn’t convinced either and then when it looked like Boye was starting to at least get regular bench time he got 4 months out with injury

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2020 17:50

PistolPete I've head a few players say Boyé is amazing in training, so what is stopping Bowen from picking the guy?

I think it's largely because he's a shit show pony

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2020 17:53

Snowflake Royal

I think it's largely because he's a shit show pony

He has done nothing where it counts to be picked, can't remember him having a remotely good game.