198 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour: Lucas Joao

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Aug 2019 07:46

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal I'm colour blind. 8)

Blacks not a colour Ian and you know it.

I didn't realise, because I'm colour blind.

Black is not a colour but a shade.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 07:52

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal
leon Blacks not a colour Ian and you know it.

I didn't realise, because I'm colour blind.

I think, technically, black is all colours.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2019 07:59

NotARacist
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal I didn't realise, because I'm colour blind.

Can't believe I have to do this. Black is the absence of colour, where all wavelengths are absorbed. White is all wavelengths reflected, so all colours.

Black is a shade.... oxf*rd me. :roll:

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 08:01

Snowflake Royal
NotARacist
The Enfield Royal71

Can't believe I have to do this. Black is the absence of colour, where all wavelengths are absorbed. White is all wavelengths reflected, so all colours.

Wait. You sure? I thought black absorbs all colours without reflecting them back. Hence it is all colours. Whereas white reflects all colours making it the absence of colour.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2019 08:03

NotARacist
Snowflake Royal
NotARacist I think, technically, black is all colours.

Wait. You sure? I thought black absorbs all colours without reflecting them back. Hence it is all colours. Whereas white reflects all colours making it the absence of colour.

Right description, wrong conclusion. Googling 'dark side of the moon album cover' may help.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Aug 2019 08:06

Snowflake Royal
NotARacist
The Enfield Royal71

:|

Black isn't a colour but a shade based on what you said.
You are really charismatic aren't you.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 08:07

Snowflake Royal
NotARacist
Snowflake Royal Can't believe I have to do this. Black is the absence of colour, where all wavelengths are absorbed. White is all wavelengths reflected, so all colours.

Right description, wrong conclusion. Googling 'dark side of the moon album cover' may help.

Darn. Never was good at physics. I assume this is physics. Somehow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2019 08:11

NotARacist
Snowflake Royal
NotARacist Wait. You sure? I thought black absorbs all colours without reflecting them back. Hence it is all colours. Whereas white reflects all colours making it the absence of colour.

Darn. Never was good at physics. I assume this is physics. Somehow.

Yep. I won't embarrass myself by trying to explain what makes red or blue etc in physics of light absorption terms.

Dd, I think you actually mean black is achromatic. Like white or grey. A shade is a colour mixed with black in colour theory, not black itself.

Any way. Joao. Yeah!

Davezk

by Davezk » 07 Aug 2019 08:13

White is all the colours as white light is split into the full spectra of colours I.e. all colours.

Black is no light, no colours, nothing.

I'm surprised at the signing given our finances. Hopefully if he's given a regular game he will come good as I heard he's quite inconsistent.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2019 08:17

Snowflake Royal
NotARacist
Snowflake Royal Can't believe I have to do this. Black is the absence of colour, where all wavelengths are absorbed. White is all wavelengths reflected, so all colours.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 08:20

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
NotARacist Wait. You sure? I thought black absorbs all colours without reflecting them back. Hence it is all colours. Whereas white reflects all colours making it the absence of colour.

Honestly that just confuses me more. Like I have a small understanding of light refraction but I was thinking more along the lines of mixing paint. You cant mix all the colours together and get white.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Aug 2019 10:18

Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Argh...

I'm not going to take this groundhog day 'joke' too far or I'll end up ruining the thread, which to be I do even when I'm trying to be serious (!).

Someone a few pages back mentioned groundhog day so I copied an pasted. I've never heard of the guy, have no idea what the original poster meant by Aluko 2.0 either. No-one can be as big a flop as Aluko was surely.

At least one person got that you were taking the piss.

Phew.

Someone remembers groundhog-gate.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED: Lucas Joao

by Millsy » 07 Aug 2019 10:24

Will everyone stop being so damned racist. Apart from notaracist, because he can't be.

I had to recheck, but this is the Joao who scored in a 10 man team against us. Clearly can't be shit.

Now we've signed him, do you think we are able to appeal and have that goal awarded to us retrospectively now that he's a Reading player?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Aug 2019 10:29

2 world wars, 1 world cup Will everyone stop being so damned racist. Apart from notaracist, because he can't be.

I had to recheck, but this is the Joao who scored in a 10 man team against us. Clearly can't be shit.

Now we've signed him, do you think we are able to appeal and have that goal awarded to us retrospectively now that he's a Reading player?

Yes.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Aug 2019 10:29

WoodleyRoyal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Will everyone stop being so damned racist. Apart from notaracist, because he can't be.

Yes.

Thanks.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 10:34

Thank you.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Aug 2019 10:37

This has become an abortion of a thread.

Welcome to Reading, Lucas!
I wonder how many players have played their last game for one club, and scored, against the club they subsequently joined?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Aug 2019 10:50

Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Argh...

I'm not going to take this groundhog day 'joke' too far or I'll end up ruining the thread, which to be I do even when I'm trying to be serious (!).

Someone a few pages back mentioned groundhog day so I copied an pasted. I've never heard of the guy, have no idea what the original poster meant by Aluko 2.0 either. No-one can be as big a flop as Aluko was surely.

At least one person got that you were taking the piss.

Maybe I deserve a whoosh for that one then. No offence intended to 2WW,1WC.
Last edited by Tilehurstsouthbank on 07 Aug 2019 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 10:50

He will figure in the league goal scorer charts level with Meite, both listed as Reading players, despite never having scored for us and all his goals this season being against us

Davezk

by Davezk » 07 Aug 2019 10:51

2 world wars, 1 world cup I had to recheck, but this is the Joao who scored in a 10 man team against us.

You must have a terrible memory - everyone knew this

198 posts