Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Sheffield

by windermereROYAL » 03 Aug 2019 18:24

P!ssed Off
windermereROYAL
P!ssed Off
Could have saved the 1st goal.

2nd goal appeared straight at him.
Looked like he was down slowly for the 3rd goal, and not his fault but he's too short to save anything heading towards the corners.

1st goal one on one into the carner. 2nd goal a free header from 8 yards. already gone for the 3rd. fukking joking right?

1st goal:
https://streamja.com/1Age

2nd goal would have bounced off him if he'd stood still.

Moore for that first goal , shouldnt let the guy get by him, take a bloody yellow FFS.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Aug 2019 18:27

Genuinely not sure if I was at the same game as some people here. I cannot believe my eyes that Virginia is the scapegoat here. Just because Some kid that has played 0 minutes of league football (which 90% of people probably haven’t seen before) was loaned in favour of him doesn’t mean you have to be an arse about it

Virginia 6 - didn’t do anything wrong, poor few kicks aside

Yiadom 4 - the free ride he gets from most is staggering. Strange
Moore 5 - can’t play a possession game but that was obvious three years ago, looked a bit shaky and at fault for the first goal
Miazga 5 - poor, needed a pre season, Morrison had to play
Richards 6 - naive at times but was the pick of the back four

Swift 8 - MOTM by a mile, dictated play really well and was wrongly subbed off
Rino 4 - played well first 20, horrible performance after his mistake for their goal

Loader 3 - he’s like the kid on the playground who thinks he’s good. Guess what, you’re light years away from being good enough. Abject
Barrett 5 - nothing performance really but good cross for the goal
Meite 5 - terrible footballer, so so limited. He’s the only one that can put the ball in the net though so it’s a difficult one

Barrow 4 - his pace is an asset but he was shocking today. He’s a useful player to have around but like Meite, he’s so poor at the real basics

Adam 3 - why Gomes, why? Must have kicked the ball off the pitch 10 times. It’s a shame because he’s clearly got an intelligent mind at times. But he’s too slow and he tries the Hollywood all the time. Appaled that Baldock didn’t get on ahead of him
Olise 7 - really good, great ball for the red card
Nova N/A - not enough time, but considering Gomes doesn’t like strikers, I’m not surprised

Gomes 3 - difficult to rate any higher when you choose 0 strikers. Stam was slaughtered for this, Gomes isn’t. Really strange selective criticisms from our fans once again. Nova or Baldock simply have to play upfront

Bannan 10 - simply stunning, such a good player

Wednesday - a good Championship team. They keep it simple, they dictate possession well with Bannan and they have a quality striker up top. The difference between Fletcher and Meite/Loader/Barrow or whoever was up front was staggering. Even Joao was streets ahead. Harris was also very good. Will be up there after that I think

I did say a few weeks ago this team is too small and will get bullied from set pieces etc...the amount of headers we win or the amount of balls we hold up are minimal compared to the opposition and it’s been a recurring theme for a while now (apart from Yann)

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 03 Aug 2019 18:27

Same crap as the middle of last season. No goal threat, big gaps up to the front. Swift far too deep. Playing it out badly from the back. Only threat from long cross balls. Same sh*t as before

The keeper looks like a little schoolboy. No reach, not commanding, crap playing it out. Ho hum

That said, I actually enjoyed it. Hopefully he'll settle on a better selecting and formation, as that didn't work at all today.

Oh and ALOL at all the reading fans spanking it off on twitter saying we have the best defence. They may be individually good but just like last season, we'll rarely keep a clean sheet

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Aug 2019 18:32

Snowflake Royal
P!ssed Off
windermereROYAL
1st goal one on one into the carner. 2nd goal a free header from 8 yards. already gone for the 3rd. fukking joking right?

1st goal:
https://streamja.com/1Age

2nd goal would have bounced off him if he'd stood still.

Yeah, that is categorically poor.

In fact everything about that goal was poor. Rino passing to them, Yiadom and Rino both stepping up, Moore slow to cover and then falls over himself failing to block their winger only for the keeper to let the shot through him.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1157660454984060928

https://twitter.com/i/status/1157671735753416709

https://twitter.com/i/status/1157682193495396352

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 03 Aug 2019 18:38

I couldn’t believe how fast SW counter-attacks were (compared to ours) and how much space they had out wide. Felt sorry for Swift, every time he tried to find someone unmarked, he failed mostly, and got tackled dithering. Did they really have only 12 players (including the chief baboon in black)?

Bottom of the table, you’re ours. urrrzzzzzz...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2019 18:39

It really is something for a team without a manager to totally destroy Gomes tactically.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Aug 2019 18:40

Not going to quote URZ , but saying Adam played it out of play 10 times? :shock: if you wear glasses I seriously hope you go and get them checked out first thing Monday morning.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Aug 2019 18:43

Moore escapes a lot of criticism I see. I though he was more captain birdseye that captain of Reading.
Miazga did all the organising and encouraging...., he was the only shinning light is a sea of shite.
Keeper seemed slow again getting down for the third, noticed the same against Chelsea. Jakkola and Martinez would have got that.
Olise I don't know what to make of, but I hope he improves.
Loader, out of position but still not a championship player in my opinion.
And then we come to Swift.......what an utter show pony....pointless cross field balls and playing passes that clearly arnt on....and as for his tackling, the least said the better.
If I was Charlie Adam I'd have punched his lights out when he took the ball and demanded to take that free kick.
If was so blindingly obvious that Adam was the choice to take it but no, that bloody show pony again showed why he is so bloody hopeless at taking free kicks....
Yiadom I can forgive, we know how good he is.
Barrett did OK, didn't deserve to come off.
Rinomohta was a terrible disappointment, hopefully he can get over today, again we know how good he is.
Barrow, I expected better and there were glimpses.
Meite , good goal but for a big bloke he bloody lightweight. Spent too long on his arse.

As a team today.....marks out of 10.....3

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Aug 2019 18:47

Snowflake Royal It really is something for a team without a manager to totally destroy Gomes tactically.

We're a team with a fair sprinkling of young players, and one or two others known for being lightweight. It doesn't take a tactical genius to realise that being a bit physical and trying to pressure them into mistakes is probably going to get rewards.

Gomes has a limited squad. We stayed up last year because we made five loan signings who made a difference. With four of those five elsewhere, the gaps are all too obvious again. The players probably have a better attitude that last year (under Clement), but that probably won't be enough.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Aug 2019 18:48

Disorganised, sloppy passing and ponderous play at the back, no movement in midfield until Olise came on and absolutely no tempo whatsoever.

No player deserves more than a 5 at best.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Aug 2019 18:48

Based purely on todays performance, our skipper Moore is rightly our latest hna target.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Aug 2019 18:49

We were second best 3-1 was fair even against ten men we created nothing. Sorry but Loader Barrett and Richards are not good enough for this level they are div one at best. Another long miserable season ahead.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 03 Aug 2019 18:54

Snowflake Royal It really is something for a team without a manager to totally destroy Gomes tactically.

I mean yeah how surprising, it isn't as if they had a caretaker boss or any coaches is it :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Aug 2019 19:12

Depressing scoreline to start the season and very poor Goals to concede looking at the highlights

Handball looked pretty nailed on mind you

Going to be a tough season based on that, need a result to lift the mood quickly

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Aug 2019 19:16

tmesis

We're a team with a fair sprinkling of young players, and one or two others known for being lightweight. It doesn't take a tactical genius to realise that being a bit physical and trying to pressure them into mistakes is probably going to get rewards.

Gomes has a limited squad. We stayed up last year because we made five loan signings who made a difference. With four of those five elsewhere, the gaps are all too obvious again. The players probably have a better attitude that last year (under Clement), but that probably won't be enough.

Yep. Let’s not forget Gomes has not had a penny spent on transfer fees since he has been at the club. If he keeps us up this season it’s job done. We need to back him 100%.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Aug 2019 19:17

Thought we had the best of the first half until a silly mistake was punished for the 1st goal. Fought back early in 2nd half and got a nice goal from their the difference was their nous and game management and they ended comfortable winners.

Need some more experience and grit on the field.

Cdm and a proper striker required, can't go into games fielding a load of wingers, kids and and attacking midfielders up front.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Aug 2019 19:20

That was painful to watch, based on that were in for a long season.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Aug 2019 19:21

Maneki Neko Thought we had the best of the first half until a silly mistake was punished for the 1st goal. Fought back early in 2nd half and got a nice goal from their the difference was their nous and game management and they ended comfortable winners.

Need some more experience and grit on the field.

Cdm and a proper striker required, can't go into games fielding a load of wingers, kids and and attacking midfielders up front.

You may get your wish, Gomes confirmed on BBCRB that a midfielder and striker are on the way by the end of next week.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 03 Aug 2019 19:21

Ponderous performance

Virginia - whilst not at fault for any one the 3 goals, better keepers save some / all of them
Yiadom - as often happens, gets found out when up against top drawer wingers like Harris. Below par
Moore - poor by his standards
Miazga - okay, couple of iffy balls
Richards - not a look term answer, but didn’t let the side down
Loader - particularly slow on the ball. Got an earful from JM just before HT for getting caught in possession. Going backwards.
Swift - decent enough first 45, quieter after the break
Rino- at fault for goal 1 width dreadful pass, very much off the pace today
Barrow - flatters to deceive
Méïté - got to love his effort, drive etc, problem is he is just a bit crap, although credit for a well taken goal
Barrett - did okay, without pulling any trees up

Adam - some good stuff but too many Hollywood balls and / or wrong choices
Olise - nest and tidy, positive on the ball
Novakovich- little time

Ref - weak, typified by the second Wendy sub, ref told him to go off on the East stand side (newest) totally ignored him and wandered off to the dugouts.

Whilst not a dreadful performance, it was very dispiriting beaten up by a streetwise champ side with a couple of prem standard players in Bannen and Harris.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2019 19:22

tmesis

I meant the way they had Bannon sit in space and spray the ball out to their wingers exploiting the total lack of any defensive cover left by our fullbacks playing in the wrong half with no one covering.

128 posts