BFTG - HULL CITY (AWAY)

142 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - HULL CITY (AWAY)

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 23:57

windermereROYAL In case you`ve not seen the penalty shout. I think that pretty conclusive Zip.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Tomlin/status/ ... 2498802688

I had seen it and initially didn’t think the keeper made contact. Looked again and his leg appears to catch him. Meite was probably just inside the box at the point of contact so yes it looks like a pen.
I haven’t seen the handball shout for Hull.
Either way we are conceding too many.
Last edited by Zip on 10 Aug 2019 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 10 Aug 2019 23:58

Thanks for write ups.

I'm a little confused as to how Richards played. One of you said he's man of the match, another he played well and the rest shite. Someone make up their mind and give an honest opinion :lol: :lol:

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 11 Aug 2019 00:33

Just seen the attendance was 10,673 according to sky. I thought Hull got similar if not slightly better home crowds than us ! That’s a really poor attendance.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 11 Aug 2019 06:22

Ranty McRantface Thanks for write ups.

I'm a little confused as to how Richards played. One of you said he's man of the match, another he played well and the rest shite. Someone make up their mind and give an honest opinion :lol: :lol:

Apart from the 1st goal, he did really well. Restricted Bowen who is one of the best wingers in the league. Talking of which, why’s he still at Hull?!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2019 06:58

That was URZZZZ I think who harshly rated Richards. Must be a personal problem he has with him because i think we are unlikely to see a better performance from him.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 11 Aug 2019 07:33

Just woken up and feel like shit.

Gomes has no idea how to play a side away from home. Playing. 19 year old in goal and parting it from the back. Shit.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Aug 2019 07:53

windermereROYAL In case you`ve not seen the penalty shout. I think that pretty conclusive Zip.

dunno...keeper doesn't move after attempting to win the ball

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 11 Aug 2019 07:55

StellaPlease Just woken up and feel like shit.

Gomes has no idea how to play a side away from home. Playing. 19 year old in goal and parting it from the back. Shit.

Did you go? I didn't see you there and you never came to see me like you said you would?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2019 08:46

Royal Monkey
URZZZZ Another shocking start to the season. Virginia, Richards, Meite the weak points, Yiadom yet again struggling against any half decent attacker. Adam once again appalling, no where near good enough

Expect Rafael, Puscas to start next week and would start Gunter at LB ahead of the liability Richards

The bloke whos sat on his arse all summer had no pre season? I’m sure his motivation will be sky high after the club told him to do one !
I wasn’t the game so I can’t comment but bizarre how some are say Richards was awful and a liability and others saying he hardly put a foot wrong and was a possible MOM !!!

This is the poster who thinks Meite isn't a footballer. He has some blind spots.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2019 08:51

It's hard to tell, but that has a strong whiff of Meite tapping his ankle against the keeper's shin and chucking himself to the ground. Not that it wouldn't be given 90% of the time.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Aug 2019 08:58

Snowflake Royal
Royal Monkey
URZZZZ Another shocking start to the season. Virginia, Richards, Meite the weak points, Yiadom yet again struggling against any half decent attacker. Adam once again appalling, no where near good enough

Expect Rafael, Puscas to start next week and would start Gunter at LB ahead of the liability Richards

The bloke whos sat on his arse all summer had no pre season? I’m sure his motivation will be sky high after the club told him to do one !
I wasn’t the game so I can’t comment but bizarre how some are say Richards was awful and a liability and others saying he hardly put a foot wrong and was a possible MOM !!!

This is the poster who thinks Meite isn't a footballer. He has some blind spots.

Black spots?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 11 Aug 2019 09:09

Last week was a deffo penalty.Not at all sure about this Saturdays.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Aug 2019 09:28

NewCorkSeth

That was URZZZZ I think who harshly rated Richards. Must be a personal problem he has with him because i think we are unlikely to see a better performance from him.

He improved as the game went on. But he was poor the first half hour and by then the damage was done. To be fair, Bowen is a very good player so he was always likely to grab a goal and cause trouble. I’ve seen Richards play a lot worse but if we want to progress, we need someone else there

Sorry, the “liability” comment was more of a general comment towards Richards, not necessarily based off his performance yesterday

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Aug 2019 09:33

Snowflake Royal
Royal Monkey

I always find it weird how two people that go to the same game form such contrasting opinions on the same performance

I suppose with Richards and Meite, I look for faults which granted is an unfair way to assess a player but it’s just bad habits

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Aug 2019 09:35

I am concerned with the counter attacks at the moment. The two fullbacks push on too far much to only play two CB’s and no proper DM. Apart from the Joao goal against us last weekend (which was the last kick of the game anyway) every single goal we’ve conceded has come from the flanks. Issue that needs sorting

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2019 09:39

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth

He improved as the game went on. But he was poor the first half hour and by then the damage was done. To be fair, Bowen is a very good player so he was always likely to grab a goal and cause trouble. I’ve seen Richards play a lot worse but if we want to progress, we need someone else there

Sorry, the “liability” comment was more of a general comment towards Richards, not necessarily based off his performance yesterday

I understand the trepidation. During pre-season he hardly impressed. Yesterday I think it is hard to fault him. Everyone was very poor in the first half. For the first goal he could do nothing. For the second some might say he should have closed down better for the initial cross but, for me, it was a well worked cross considering the angle and Miazga and Moore are the ones who left a free header.

On paper Bowen got a goal and an assist but in reality Richards held him off for most of the game. I honestly dont think Blackett would have done as well.

Richards also managed to get forward well. I think there was only 1 from him but he sent a peach of a cross into the box. he linked up very well with Swift in the second half and even did some nice crossover work with Boye in the first.

Do we need Blackett and Obita back? Yes. But Richards is plenty good enough to play the 10 or so games we need for Blackett to come back. Especially if he and Swift keep up the closing down they did together.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2019 09:43

URZZZZ

I am concerned with the counter attacks at the moment. The two fullbacks push on too far much to only play two CB’s and no proper DM. Apart from the Joao goal against us last weekend (which was the last kick of the game anyway) every single goal we’ve conceded has come from the flanks. Issue that needs sorting

That is what I imagine Pele was brought in to solve. Sadly in the first half with Rinomhota inexplicably played on the left of midfield we were torn apart by their left winger whose name I cant spell. Pele lost the ball and concentration at such inopportune moments and Hull were laughing.

I do think, with Yiadom in particular, we should be operating high full backs due to their attacking capabilities. The extra man it gives us in the box will pay dividends once we blood the new players. Rinomhota and Pele (should he improve to the standard required) will more than adequately cover our exposed flanks. We all know Rinomhota is capable of getting up and down that pitch as fast as anyone. We just need to be more disciplined.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Aug 2019 09:48

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth That was URZZZZ I think who harshly rated Richards. Must be a personal problem he has with him because i think we are unlikely to see a better performance from him.

I understand the trepidation. During pre-season he hardly impressed. Yesterday I think it is hard to fault him. Everyone was very poor in the first half. For the first goal he could do nothing. For the second some might say he should have closed down better for the initial cross but, for me, it was a well worked cross considering the angle and Miazga and Moore are the ones who left a free header.

On paper Bowen got a goal and an assist but in reality Richards held him off for most of the game. I honestly dont think Blackett would have done as well.

Richards also managed to get forward well. I think there was only 1 from him but he sent a peach of a cross into the box. he linked up very well with Swift in the second half and even did some nice crossover work with Boye in the first.

Do we need Blackett and Obita back? Yes. But Richards is plenty good enough to play the 10 or so games we need for Blackett to come back. Especially if he and Swift keep up the closing down they did together.

That’s fair. But there is still no chance I would start Richards in a flat back four against a Warnock team. He’s a clever manager and would exploit his lack of height/strength. Problem is alternatives are sparse

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2019 09:49

Another thing I forgot to touch on in my BFTG which I was thinking about for much of the second half is our inability to win second balls. There was a 2-3 minute period late in the second half (Wednesday had just started their minor resurgence) where we failed to recover any ball headed back towards us. it was bouncing around, falling into Sheffields players paths.

This is certainly something Swift can be criticised for. He is guilty of late movement and a lack of awareness during these times.

Just after a shot by them the ball was well blocked by Moore (I think) and it came out, hit the ref, and went straight to an oncoming Sheffield player. Without clipping the ref it would have gone directly to Joao and one of our liquid counter attacks would have been on. This is mostly where I get frustrated with our positioning. Nobody sits in the hole to recover. I wish we had 2 Rinomhotas, one to cover in the box and one to hover outside waiting to restart a counter.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2019 09:51

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

That’s fair. But there is still no chance I would start Richards in a flat back four against a Warnock team. He’s a clever manager and would exploit his lack of height/strength. Problem is alternatives are sparse

Sparse is putting it lightly. I still think we need to stick with an attacking formation. The 4-1-2-1-2 caused havoc against Sheffield that would be great to see again.

Who is Cardiffs RW?

142 posts