BFTG - HULL CITY (AWAY)

142 posts
biff

Re: BFTG - HULL CITY (AWAY)

by biff » 10 Aug 2019 18:53

He does seem to jerk to conclusions relatively quickly for an obviously intelligent chap. Anyone would think we've been relegated if you listened to him post match. More or less a new team, played well for 75% of the match, give the lads a chance

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2019 19:01

AthleticoSpizz
biff Nah it was more than that. He was like a kid with a new toy. Embarrassing.
all in the opinion of the beholder

Check-out the alternatives :lol:

Silence, as they say, is golden. :wink:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Aug 2019 19:16

Back to the game, I was disappointed we didn’t start with the (3-M's) Morrison, Moore and Miazga in the back line. The first half sounded horrendous listening to Dellor, this was backed up by various twitter feeds. Second half even Dellor got excited and it sounded like we were battering them after Puscas came on but then we took the pressure off with Jose throwing Charlie Adam on. I’m not going to mention the young keeper, but I think by now most fans can see he is not going to protect our goal from now until next May.

Had Jose just left the second half, or instead put Charlie on after a 2nd goal then I think we may have taken a cheeky point today.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2019 19:22

There are several issues with a 3 at the back for me.

1: Unless the opposition is playing 2 up front it is simply a waste of a man.

2: One of those CBs needs to be able to pass. None of ours can.

3: It pushes too many of our attacking players out of the team. Is a third CB worth taking one of Joao, Meite, Swift, Boye, Ejaria, Olise or Puscas out of the team to facilitate a mostly unnecessary defender?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 10 Aug 2019 19:24

I’ll do a proper write up later but all I can say is...Rinomhota completely ran the show in the 2nd half. He’s such a great reader of the game...puts in 100%. Whilst the rest of his teammates spent half the time rolling round on the floor, he showed maturity beyond his years. The bloke is truely a class act

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Aug 2019 19:29

NewCorkSeth There are several issues with a 3 at the back for me.

1: Unless the opposition is playing 2 up front it is simply a waste of a man.

2: One of those CBs needs to be able to pass. None of ours can.

3: It pushes too many of our attacking players out of the team. Is a third CB worth taking one of Joao, Meite, Swift, Boye, Ejaria, Olise or Puscas out of the team to facilitate a mostly unnecessary defender?

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that Jose doesn’t understand (yet) that attacking football away from home is a big ask in this division. I would be happy for us to travel with a more defensive setup but then play attacking football at home. Personally, I would like him to mix it up a little with his home and away styles.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2019 19:30

So seen both goals now.

1. Yiadom gets beaten but doesn't do a lot wrong. Shockingly his starting position may be a bit high. :roll:
Moore is covering the pull back, not bad positioning.
Virginia might as well be wearing face paint and clown shoes with his effort, this is then compounded by zero communication from Richards to Miazga as he loses his man coming inside Miazga who stays with his man. Richards neither tracks his, nor shouts Miazga to go with and then cover his player.

2. Moore marks empty space whilst their player bursts into the gap, completely untracked by any midfielder because they're doing their usual spectating

What do our defensive coaches do in training offs.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Aug 2019 19:40

Is Wally Downes still managing Wimbledon??

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 10 Aug 2019 20:50

So just after half time, we brought on Puscas and looked like we paired him up front with Meite, with Joao tucked in behind them. Swift was playing over on the leftwith Rinhomota on the right i think. It was all pretty strange and bizarre but it caused total havoc and Hull couldn't cope!!
After waves of attacks we finally score and then revert back to our original starting formation and bring on Adam who be his standards had a real poor cameo.
I get changing systems during a game if things aren't working, but whatever system we were playing it was working a treat, so if its not broke then why change, seems a bit strange to me.
Overall, other than a shocking first 15 minutes where are back four and keeper gave the game away, it wasn't to bad and we deserved a draw.
Once the new players bed in and we get Rafael up to speed i'm sure things will get better.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Aug 2019 21:15

Indeed and agree, but we’ll never smash that 106 at this rate

0 :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Aug 2019 21:16

Another shocking start to the season. Virginia, Richards, Meite the weak points, Yiadom yet again struggling against any half decent attacker. Adam once again appalling, no where near good enough

Expect Rafael, Puscas to start next week and would start Gunter at LB ahead of the liability Richards

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 10 Aug 2019 21:57

URZZZZ Another shocking start to the season. Virginia, Richards, Meite the weak points, Yiadom yet again struggling against any half decent attacker. Adam once again appalling, no where near good enough

Expect Rafael, Puscas to start next week and would start Gunter at LB ahead of the liability Richards

The bloke whos sat on his arse all summer had no pre season? I’m sure his motivation will be sky high after the club told him to do one !
I wasn’t the game so I can’t comment but bizarre how some are say Richards was awful and a liability and others saying he hardly put a foot wrong and was a possible MOM !!!

Diablo Diablo

by Diablo Diablo » 10 Aug 2019 22:25

So Gomes now has a worse win %age record than Paul Clement (23.1% vs 23.33%) which basically puts him at the bottom of all permanent managers for over 25 years.

Had major investment now - how long will they give him ?

Never mind all the good vibes etc football is a results game.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 10 Aug 2019 22:39

Despite the result I really enjoyed that game - great tempo throughout & 2 teams both going for it

Was also impressed with the Hull fans - despite a pretty pathetic number, they made decent noise throughout...outsung us most of the time. Our fans were good in number (thanks to free travel) but relatively poor atmosphere wise - probably due to having the life sucked out of us in the first 15 min!

Virginia 4 - actually went long at times but beaten at his near post for 1st goal
Yiadom 7 - played really well
Richards 6 - thought he played really well apart from allowing Bowen to ghost in for the goal
Miazga 6 - rusty 1st half but much better 2nd
Moore 6 - calm head at times
Pele 4 - woeful start but grew as time went on
Rinomhota 9 - just superb, should be cherishing every match we get to see this guy play as he’s destined for better things
Swift 6 - some lovely skill in the 2nd half but was anonymous in 1st
Boye 6 - showed some lovely touches but got booked so got aubbed
Meite 6 - he’s got a nasty streak in him hasn’t he...that dive was completely unnecessary as he actually could have taken it round the keeper and scored
João 7 - beautiful finish

Can’t be bothered with the subs

All in all it was a decent game so can’t complain too much. But you’re always going to struggle if you start like that

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Aug 2019 23:08

Diablo Diablo
Had major investment now - how long will they give him ?

Suggest that judgement is withheld until the summer signings have an opportunity to bed in.

A win on Tuesday night however ugly will hopefully start to build confidence.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Aug 2019 23:36

I can`t help thinking of the margins involved here, of course we are getting relegation shouted from all corners of social media all evening tonight,
But lets look at the bigger picture, 3 penalty shouts that if they went to VAR would all be given, Sheffield Wednesday would be down to 10 men with more than an hour to play.
Virginia having a howler for the fist goal today, I defended him last week but no excuse for that today.
Hit the woodwork twice, no further comment really.
We are sitting joint bottom, but with any luck and for just once a competent referee and a rub of the green we could be sitting joint top.
Swings and roundabouts they say, lets hope something tips in our favour fairly soon.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Aug 2019 23:39

Was ‘the howler’ the nearside post goal?

Seen it all before with better goalkeepers tbh

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Aug 2019 23:46

AthleticoSpizz Was ‘the howler’ the nearside post goal?

Seen it all before with better goalkeepers tbh

19 year old rookie, we shouldn`t be too hard on him, but easy near post gathering for any standard championship keeper.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Aug 2019 23:50

windermereROYAL I can`t help thinking of the margins involved here, of course we are getting relegation shouted from all corners of social media all evening tonight,
But lets look at the bigger picture, 3 penalty shouts that if they went to VAR would all be given, Sheffield Wednesday would be down to 10 men with more than an hour to play.
Virginia having a howler for the fist goal today, I defended him last week but no excuse for that today.
Hit the woodwork twice, no further comment really.
We are sitting joint bottom, but with any luck and for just once a competent referee and a rub of the green we could be sitting joint top.
Swings and roundabouts they say, lets hope something tips in our favour fairly soon.

Hull had a shout for a handball in our box today. No idea if Sheff Weds had any penalty shouts last week. Was that really a pen for us today? Was Meite even inside the box?
We need to stop conceding soft goals. It’s not like we are being outplayed but it’s no win in six games now. One win changes things but with some tough games coming up I’m not hopeful.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Aug 2019 23:51

In case you`ve not seen the penalty shout. I think that pretty conclusive Zip.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Tomlin/status/ ... 2498802688

142 posts