MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Adam Federici

304 posts
Marcus Crassus

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Adam Federici

by Marcus Crassus » 18 Aug 2019 16:09

Scutterbucketz
Marcus Crassus
Scutterbucketz
Racism is on the rise. The terraces are where it raises its ugly head the most.

Unless you’re into Britain First marches.

Is making things up your job, or just a life long hobby?
We live in one of the least racist countries in the EU. Try going to a match in a Central European country, which I have done on several occasions, and then your otiose comment about Brexit will be put starkly into context.
And no, I don’t go to Britain First marches, never have and never will.
Is there anything else daft you’d care to add?

A black Reading player was just racially abused. There’s evidence supporting this.

Least racist, when people are shouting horrible fukking shit at a black man a football game is like being happy that you have the least deadly forms of cancer.

I’ve been going to watch Reading for the past 30 years. In the first ten of that I heard quite a lot of racism, and saw bananas being thrown in the pitch at games and dickheads chanting awful things. The last 20, with a campaign to stamp that shit out, I’ve seen next to zero.

I’m just suggesting that the evidenced rise of racism since racist pricks have been emboldened by the Brexit vote might have made its way back on to the terraces.

Ignore it all you want.

And yes, making things up is part of my job, but that has nothing to do with this.

Ignore what? You made a spurious accusation that you cannot back up - correlation and causation, look it up. And by the way, why do think it acceptable to post "Welsh pcunts", or is the irony utterly list on you?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2019 16:09

Old Man Andrews
Marcus Crassus
Old Man Andrews Because we live in a fairly tolerate forward thinking society racism doesn't exist? Because it's quite rare in this country we can just ignore Meite being racially abused? Wow. I knew the team board was bad but I didn't know it harboured racist sympathizers.

Dear God, this must be one of the most inane posts I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Where did I condone a fan racially abusing Meite (for the utter avoidance of doubt, I don't). So come on Andrews, it's c**k on the block time, either back up your statement about habouring racism or have the decency to apologise.

You didn't condemn it and tried to play it down.

I think he just disagreed with the, largely unnecessary, link to Brexit. Although, the evidence does rather point to that being a significant factor in the resurgence of the hard right and racial discrimination we're undoubtedly seeing in the country.

No wonder Meite stormed off if he was racially abused.

Anyway. Football. Pleased I could grant us all a thoroughly enjoyable win by not going.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 18 Aug 2019 16:10

Old Man Andrews
Marcus Crassus
Old Man Andrews Because we live in a fairly tolerate forward thinking society racism doesn't exist? Because it's quite rare in this country we can just ignore Meite being racially abused? Wow. I knew the team board was bad but I didn't know it harboured racist sympathizers.

Dear God, this must be one of the most inane posts I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Where did I condone a fan racially abusing Meite (for the utter avoidance of doubt, I don't). So come on Andrews, it's c**k on the block time, either back up your statement about habouring racism or have the decency to apologise.

And you are flat out lying. Would you care to try again?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2019 16:11

Marcus Crassus
Old Man Andrews
Marcus Crassus Dear God, this must be one of the most inane posts I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Where did I condone a fan racially abusing Meite (for the utter avoidance of doubt, I don't). So come on Andrews, it's c**k on the block time, either back up your statement about habouring racism or have the decency to apologise.

Where did you condemn the abuse? You then tried to play it down by saying racism isn't such a big deal in English football.

Davezk

by Davezk » 18 Aug 2019 16:14

Old Man Andrews
Davezk

Where did he condone being racist to Meite? :roll:

Another sympathizer wanting to sweep it under the carpet. Time to renew your Brexit party membership?

You're 42 but with a logic of a child. You're being a moron and people should call you out on it especially as the mods seem to do fck all stopping idiots like you hijacking threads.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 18 Aug 2019 16:17

Old Man Andrews
Marcus Crassus
Old Man Andrews You didn't condemn it and tried to play it down.

Where did you condemn the abuse? You then tried to play it down by saying racism isn't such a big deal in English football.

Try this:

"where did I condone a fan racially abusing Meite (for the utter avoidance of doubt, I don't)"
Are you capable of comprehending simple sentences?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Aug 2019 16:17

John Madejski's Wallet I love Meite for his movement, power and effort but Christ did he look like a lower league clogger compared to other two.

Still want him to play mind. Great person to come off the bench

If he wants to sulk stick him in the reserves and give him the Gunter and McCleary treatment or send him on loan. We don't need him anyway when we have better options.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 18 Aug 2019 16:21

Quick shout out to all those who advocated for trying 3 at the the back today - JMW, Ranty, retro, Elm Park Kid, etc, etc. Well done lads, good call, good chat and input.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Aug 2019 16:26

Old Man Andrews
Marcus Crassus

To me
To you
To me
To you
Etc...

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Aug 2019 16:31

Marcus Crassus
Scutterbucketz
Marcus Crassus Is making things up your job, or just a life long hobby?
We live in one of the least racist countries in the EU. Try going to a match in a Central European country, which I have done on several occasions, and then your otiose comment about Brexit will be put starkly into context.
And no, I don’t go to Britain First marches, never have and never will.
Is there anything else daft you’d care to add?

A black Reading player was just racially abused. There’s evidence supporting this.

Least racist, when people are shouting horrible fukking shit at a black man a football game is like being happy that you have the least deadly forms of cancer.

I’ve been going to watch Reading for the past 30 years. In the first ten of that I heard quite a lot of racism, and saw bananas being thrown in the pitch at games and dickheads chanting awful things. The last 20, with a campaign to stamp that shit out, I’ve seen next to zero.

I’m just suggesting that the evidenced rise of racism since racist pricks have been emboldened by the Brexit vote might have made its way back on to the terraces.

Ignore it all you want.

And yes, making things up is part of my job, but that has nothing to do with this.

Ignore what? You made a spurious accusation that you cannot back up - correlation and causation, look it up. And by the way, why do think it acceptable to post "Welsh pcunts", or is the irony utterly list on you?

It was deliberately ironic, but that’s ok.

But you’re right. It was an spurious accusation that I cannot back up. Mainly because that it now seems like an isolated incident. Let’s hope that it actually is. But the terraces have ALWAYS been an indicator to the state of the nation. Theres been many studies about how the hooliganism element of the 80s were to directly linked to the anger and resentment felt by the common, disillusioned man. And after many years at the top, the terraces come a close second to social media platforms as the place people can really show off they’re pcunty sides, without much fear of rebuke.

My Brexit statement was tongue in cheek. But we are regressing as a result of it. The facts and figures on the rise in racism are clear to see and easy to find.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 18 Aug 2019 16:36

Scutterbucketz
Marcus Crassus
Scutterbucketz

Ignore it all you want.

But you’re right. It was an spurious accusation that I cannot back up. Mainly because that it now seems like an isolated incident. Let’s hope that it actually is. But the terraces have ALWAYS been an indicator to the state of the nation. Theres been many studies about how the hooliganism element of the 80s were to directly linked to the anger and resentment felt by the common, disillusioned man. And after many years at the top, the terraces come a close second to social media platforms as the place people can really show off they’re pcunty sides, without much fear of rebuke.

My Brexit statement was tongue in cheek. But we are regressing as a result of it. The facts and figures on the rise in racism are clear to see and easy to find.

Thank you, a measured and considered reply.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Aug 2019 16:42

Marcus Crassus
Scutterbucketz
Marcus Crassus

Thank you, a measured and considered reply.

I toyed with the above and “fukk off Brexit pcunt”, but I’ve had a couple of bottles of wine and we won 3-0, so it’s all yours, bud.

Have a lovely evening :D

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2019 16:43

Not seen it mentioned here, but Meite got racially abused on twitter after the game.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 18 Aug 2019 17:04

windermereROYAL Not seen it mentioned here, but Meite got racially abused on twitter after the game.

Please don’t joke about things like that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2019 17:48

Scutterbucketz
NewCorkSeth Meote just received some racist abuse which he shared via twitter following his penalty miss.

Brexit Britain.

Welsh pcunts.

:| It was someone from Singapore

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Aug 2019 17:49

Ascotexgunner When I saw the lineup I felt more positive than I've felt for eons.
The whole balance looked right.
Ejaria was a monster.......won everything.
Puscas ran himself into the ground, made a nuisance of himself and scored two fabulous goals.
Joao caused them loads of issues and generally we were magnificent.
Word for the defence. We had three captains at the back today, all talented centre backs and all organising. To keep a clean sheet, even when under a lot of pressure was a huge leap forward.

There was one point about half an hour in and we were defending a free kick which Cardiff were about to launch into our box from just inside their half. You could hear Moore and Morrison screaming at Miazga and Yiadom to push up the line, using a few expletives in the process. I was sat in the Upper West, that’s how loud they were

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2019 17:50

Singing Defective
windermereROYAL Not seen it mentioned here, but Meite got racially abused on twitter after the game.

Please don’t joke about things like that.

He’s not making a joke of it. Some prick from overseas has sent Yaks a racist tweet for missing the pen. It’s not been a happy day for Yaks. He went down the tunnel straight after the game. I hope his mind is in the right place. He had an important part to play this season.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Aug 2019 18:00

Denver Royal Quick shout out to all those who advocated for trying 3 at the the back today - JMW, Ranty, retro, Elm Park Kid, etc, etc. Well done lads, good call, good chat and input.

Especially the manager who tried it out at Wycombe (and was chastised by a fair few)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Aug 2019 18:01

Zip
Scutterbucketz
NewCorkSeth Meote just received some racist abuse which he shared via twitter following his penalty miss.

Brexit Britain.

Welsh pcunts.

Those bloody Singaporian racist... they all the same...

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Aug 2019 18:03

Zip
Scutterbucketz

Brexit Britain.

Welsh pcunts.

Chink pcunt etc etc

304 posts