by Snowball » 20 Aug 2019 10:57

Hound
Snowball Team Ratings (Overall)

6.92 Leeds
6.91 Wednesday
6.88 Hull
6.83 Millwall
6.82 Reading

think basically we played so well against Cardiff its skewed our ratings quite significantly

we're still 17th in the table

Hah

We did well from 30 minutes to 90 at Hull. We have two players in team of the season ATM (all three games)

Interesting that Wednesday and Hull are in the top five (not just because they beat us).

BTW Hull apparently were excellent away in the Carabao Cup

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Adam Federici

by Snowball » 20 Aug 2019 10:58

Hound

6.92 Leeds
6.91 Wednesday
6.88 Hull
6.83 Millwall
6.82 Reading

think basically we played so well against Cardiff its skewed our ratings quite significantly

we're still 17th in the table

We are top of the table on alphabetical order for all games since Aug 17

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Aug 2019 11:27

WhoScored Ratings for RFC

Very Early Days, and some players have not yet played 90 minutes, but being able to score 8.58 shows possibilities at least.

The numbers reflect some recent subjective opinions like "Moore is not at his best."

Only surprise is Boye down at 6.18

Pos Rating
002 8.58 Ejaria
003 8.55 Cabral
007 7.84 Swift
008 7.72 Joao (SW)
021 7.39 Puscas
040 7.25 Joao (RDG)
052 7.18 Miazga
133 6.87 Morrison
147 6.84 Richards
149 6.83 Yiadom
158 6.81 Barrett
172 6.76 Moore
242 6.52 Rhino (Sub)
250 6.49 Pele
252 6.48 Meite (Sub)
262 6.45 Adam
335 6.22 Virginia
348 6.18 Boye (Sub)
364 6.12 Barrow

410 5.95 Olise
425 5.87 Nova
435 5.66 Loader

438 ALL

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Aug 2019 11:32

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal Rino shat all over Swift last season.

+1 and that’s from a Swift ‘fan’

It's odd to be comparing them because they're totally different types of player, but for the record -

Swift is clearly more technically skilled and has a better range of vision and passing for opening up defences and general attacking.

On the other hand, Rino is far more consistent, seriously superior in positioning, workrate and defensive qualities. He carries the ball forward quicker. His passing is more reliable... he just plays the simple ball. His shielding of the ball is excellent and he rarely turns into trouble or takes on too much.

In essence he's a much safer and smarter footballer who doesn't do flashy but is very effective. And all of this with a lot less first team experience than Swift and at a younger age.

If Swift can maintain his better performances this season it'll be much closer between them and Swift could also be a contender for PotS.

I was going to say they are very different players but I would say swift for much of his time here has been hamstrung by having crap forwards who can't read his succulent passes and shit dms who cant offer him any protection.

Rino is much less reliant on others to look good. The thing that makes me say he's overrated is the fact he's only actually played around 20 first team games for us, many we've lost and looked appalling in, and yet many on here talk as though he is undroppable and essentially the next coming. I think he's good. I just don't think he's incredible and for me he hasn't been tested enough to say he is as amazing as the vast majority on here say he is and I think the fact he's an academy product has massive sway.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 20 Aug 2019 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2019 11:32

Not sure how it's a surprise Boye is down low. Hes not exactly had an impact yet. 1 dribble in his first game? The lovely pass I presume doesnt go down as a key pass as nothing came of it.

I get that he looks promising and has a good reputation but has yet to prove that he should be ahead of Loader tbh.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2019 11:37

NewCorkSeth Not sure how it's a surprise Boye is down low. Hes not exactly had an impact yet. 1 dribble in his first game? The lovely pass I presume doesnt go down as a key pass as nothing came of it.

I get that he looks promising and has a good reputation but has yet to prove that he should be ahead of Loader tbh.

I think he has looked more solid on the ball, has better link up play and is more inclined to run at the opposition and play forwards.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Aug 2019 11:45

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Not sure how it's a surprise Boye is down low. Hes not exactly had an impact yet. 1 dribble in his first game? The lovely pass I presume doesnt go down as a key pass as nothing came of it.

I think he has looked more solid on the ball, has better link up play and is more inclined to run at the opposition and play forwards.

My opinion may be coloured by his You-Tube and his (I thought excellent) performance first half versus Wycombe

Think he's a very good player.

I also think a lot will turn on whether (the allegedly inconsistent) Joao remains at his best
and gets 10+ goals.

If he leads the line and is consistently decent, I think we will rocket up this league.

Everything else( I mean the other 10 players, form permitting) looks like it really works

If he goes off the boil, we have that slot to fill. We need a big, tough man to take pressure of Puscas.

I could imagine a Roberts-type signing in January if we are top six

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2019 11:51

Snowball
CountryRoyal

My opinion may be coloured by his You-Tube and his (I thought excellent) performance first half versus Wycombe

I also think a lot will turn on whether (the allegedly inconsistent) Joao remains at his best
and gets 10+ goals.

If he leads the line and is consistently decent, I think we will rocket up this league.

Everything else( I mean the other 10 players, form permitting) looks like it really works

If he goes off the boil, we have that slot to fill. We need a big, tough man to take pressure of Puscas.

Joao isn’t and will never be a prolific goal scorer, his goal scoring record reflects that’s and you can see that in his technique, he’s not a natural finisher. His overall link up play, however, was good as his attributes but lend himself to that.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2019 11:53

Snowball
CountryRoyal

and gets 10+ goals.

Ah ok there is a potential issue. I couldn't watch the Wycombe game. His league performances have been average with spots if good quality. Whoscored doesnt reflect that in their scoring system which is why I'm not surprised he is low.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2019 11:54

CountryRoyal
Snowball
CountryRoyal

and gets 10+ goals.

Joao isn’t and will never be a prolific goal scorer, his goal scoring record reflects that’s and you can see that in his technique, he’s not a natural finisher. His overall link up play, however, was good as his attributes but lend himself to that.

It's dangerous to use past seasons like that. There is plenty of examples of players suddenly scoring more in the right team or system.

Also I believe someone mentioned on here most of Joao's minutes for Wednesday have been as a sub?
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 20 Aug 2019 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2019 12:00

Snowball We need a big, tough man to take pressure of Puscas.

Meite?

Joao will score plenty, of that I've no doubt.

I reckon he was massively underused at Weds personally. Every time I've seen him he looks a quality player. Suffered for the fact Weds have about 20 strikers more than anything else

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2019 12:21

Hound
Snowball We need a big, tough man to take pressure of Puscas.

Meite?

Joao will score plenty, of that I've no doubt.

I reckon he was massively underused at Weds personally. Every time I've seen him he looks a quality player. Suffered for the fact Weds have about 20 strikers more than anything else

This is what I was thinking on Sunday. Looks a really good player and can only assume he suffered because Sheff Wed had so many options to choose from.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2019 12:26

6.92 Leeds
6.91 Wednesday
6.88 Hull
6.83 Millwall
6.82 Reading

LOL. Are Wednesday and Hull top 5 because they both played us?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Aug 2019 12:58

Jagermesiter1871 Rino is much less reliant on others to look good. The thing that makes me say he's overrated is the fact he's only actually played around 20 first team games for us, many we've lost and looked appalling in, and yet many on here talk as though he is undroppable and essentially the next coming. I think he's good. I just don't think he's incredible and for me he hasn't been tested enough to say he is as amazing as the vast majority on here say he is and I think the fact he's an academy product has massive sway.

Heh, if you say someone is overrated, some will think you are saying he's crap. There's little middle ground. If you don't rate a bloke exactly as highly as they do, the knives are out.
As far as having a 'discussion' about Rino, evaluating his play and what areas of his game he will need to develop - just as you should be able to do with any young player from 5 years old on upwards - I foolishly tried that a few months ago and I still have the scars. So, I'll leave it to you, except to say that a few months ago you couldn't say anything about Danny Loader either, so hang in there. :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2019 13:09

give it a rest with the victim stuff Denver - the quote in question was:

'Rino is so overrated its criminal'

That's a little different than just suggesting Rino is a little overrated (which is actually a sentiment I do agree with)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2019 13:13

Hound give it a rest with the victim stuff Denver - the quote in question was:

'Rino is so overrated its criminal'

That's a little different than just suggesting Rino is a little overrated (which is actually a sentiment I do agree with)

Exactly. Except Rinomhota is god and can do whatever he likes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2019 13:16

who would you choose between Rino and Swift for one place in the team Seth?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2019 13:17

Hound who would you choose between Rino and Swift for one place in the team Seth?

Suicide. I dont want to live in that world.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2019 13:20

NewCorkSeth
Hound who would you choose between Rino and Swift for one place in the team Seth?

:D

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2019 14:06

Hound
NewCorkSeth

:D

I think away from home rino and pele sitting a bit deeper with ejaria/swift in the no.10 role would be ideal.

304 posts