Gunter, GMac and 'the Reading way'?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gunter, GMac and 'the Reading way'?

by Zip » 17 Aug 2019 11:30

Nameless

Zip All noted Wimb. So why did we not offload them when loan bids (apparently) came in for them at the end of the transfer window?

You said ‘apparantly’, so perhaps there weren’t any.
Or perhaps the players didn’t fancy dropping to Div 2
Or perhaps the offer was to let the player move but we’d still had to pay their wages
Or perhaps they were pay as they play deals where the loaning club would pay the wages if they played but we would if they didn’t (or vice versa) and we didn’t see that as a worthwhile deal
Or perhaps they were short term loans which would have stopped us finding a permanent buyer
Or perhaps the club are just heartless bastards who are deliberately messing with two long serving players whilst still chucking large sums of money their way.
Probably best to assume the latter....it’s the Reading Way.....

Nobody said the club were heartless bastards. As a club there is an awful lot that is done well and I will always look to praise the club. It doesn’t mean the club cannot be criticised though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Aug 2019 11:54

E
Last edited by Nameless on 17 Aug 2019 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Aug 2019 11:59

Nameless :wink: j
Zip
Nameless

Or perhaps the offer was to let the player move but we’d still had to pay their wages
Or perhaps they were pay as they play deals where the loaning club would pay the wages if they played but we would if they didn’t (or vice versa) and we didn’t see that as a worthwhile deal
Or perhaps they were short term loans which would have stopped us finding a permanent buyer
Or perhaps the club are just heartless bastards who are deliberately messing with two long serving players whilst still chucking large sums of money their way.

Nobody said the club were heartless bastards. As a club there is an awful lot that is done well and I will always look to praise the club. It doesn’t mean the club cannot be criticised though.

Of course not, but basing criticism on a picture if McCleary’s kit in a corner and us ‘apparantly’ turning down loan offers seems a bit weak.
They aren’t part of the first team squad, they have chosen to stay at the club, we’re honouring their contracts.
I’d find it out of order if we had stopped them using medical or fitness facilities, told them to stay away from the ground, not made every effort to circulate their availability or not provided all the benefits their contact entitled them to.
I would expect they and their agents had also been working hard to find new clubs, whilst they have been good servants of the club for 7 years they have also made an almost unbelievably good living from the club over the same period

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 17 Aug 2019 12:55

Nameless Asking players who didn't make the cut for the first team squad to join in with the reserves is kind of how it has always been isn't it ?

Alas, it's looking like that point won't be conceded.
Also, I see what you did there. You referenced the 'reserves' rather than 'forcing them to play with the kids in U23'.
Of course, the latter carries a more dramatic and negative connotation. Either way, at least they are still helping and developing 'the kids'.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 17 Aug 2019 13:50, edited 3 times in total.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 17 Aug 2019 12:59

Zip
Nameless

Zip All noted Wimb. So why did we not offload them when loan bids (apparently) came in for them at the end of the transfer window?

Criticized for what? Wanting to win? Caring about results and finances? Wanting our best performer's in the team?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Aug 2019 13:03

The Enfield Royal71
Zip
Nameless

Criticized for what? Wanting to win? Caring about results and finances? Wanting our best performer's in the team?

I’m certainly not going to repeat my previous comments on this thread.