Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a) sponsored by Steve Francis

by Aeroguide » 24 Aug 2019 15:42

Hudds tiring...also kicking lumps out of Yiadom

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Aug 2019 15:42

Royalwaster Phew that should have been a pen for 'uddersfield

Bollocks. Their man knew he wasn't winning the ball and just threw himself to the ground.

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 24 Aug 2019 15:43

Jagermesiter1871
Royalwaster Phew that should have been a pen for 'uddersfield

Bollocks. Their man knew he wasn't winning the ball and just threw himself to the ground.

Absolutely...

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 24 Aug 2019 15:45

dear oh dear...get a grip

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 24 Aug 2019 15:47

4 mins added

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2019 15:49

Can we make it to 40% possession by the end of the match?

Does Gomes risk changing it up at HT with one sub used already?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 15:51

Aeroguide
NewCorkSeth
Aeroguide
working for me...perhaps your settings are incorrect?

Wifi and set to 400 fps but crashed and app wont open.

Win 10 o/s?

Tis on mobile! I sent them a quick message and its working again despite their claims that they did nothing

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Aug 2019 15:51

Poor poor game. Agreed it wasn't a pen ... looked like in real time as Boye seemed to have lost it and then dived in, but on replay it wasn't.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 24 Aug 2019 15:51

Glen Little really overstating how good 'uddersfield have been. Loads of possession and great pressing in the first 25 mins, but their best chance was the penalty that wasn't given

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 15:53

Huddersfield are making us look a sloppy, league 1 side. Dunno how they're doing it but they are. Good closing down from them. Much like us the majority of the time they are missing a final ball.

I'm about 50% done with Boye. Waster. Bet he will score a corker or 2 which will convince half our fanbase he a baller but hes looked poor to me every time I've seen him. Flashy winger stuck up front.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Aug 2019 15:55

Huddersfield have bossed the middle but done barely anything with ball and would say we have possibly had the better chance with Joaos at the end. They were presssing high with Swift and Ejara having no time on the ball and subsequently haven't been in the game.

Taking the positives we were growing into the game and Puscas on for Boye could be enough - on a related note Yiadom gave him an absolute bollocking for an over hit ball that could have otherwise had us away.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Aug 2019 15:57

NewCorkSeth Huddersfield are making us look a sloppy, league 1 side. Dunno how they're doing it but they are. Good closing down from them. Much like us the majority of the time they are missing a final ball.

I'm about 50% done with Boye. Waster. Bet he will score a corker or 2 which will convince half our fanbase he a baller but hes looked poor to me every time I've seen him. Flashy winger stuck up front.

They've done it with just good closing down and not giving our midfield play makers a moment on the ball.

Boye has been poor does indeed look exactly that. Maybe him and Puscas should be treated as like for like.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2019 15:57

Not good but then It is boiling hot temperatures they’re playing in.

Huddersfield didn’t look all that bad in the bits I saw of their game at Cardiff so was expecting a difficult time of it and so it’s proving.

Just need to get control of the game somehow but with the high pressing (which is exactly what JG should have been expecting) Reading don’t seem able to cope. Let’s hope the heat takes its toll on Huddersfield before Reading.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2019 15:57

NewCorkSeth Huddersfield are making us look a sloppy, league 1 side. Dunno how they're doing it but they are. Good closing down from them. Much like us the majority of the time they are missing a final ball.

Interestingly* Boye is our best rated player on the pitch at 7.4. Next best is Morrison at 6.9.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 15:59

Snowflake Royal

Interestingly* Boye is our best rated player on the pitch at 7.4. Next best is Morrison at 6.9.

Whoscored I presume? Yeah hes completed 2 dribbles by my recollection so that will weigh in his favour. That's the issue with stats. His pass to Yiadom towards the end of that half was as poor as you could expect to see at this level.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2019 15:59

Snowflake Royal

Where has the term ‘baller’ suddenly come from? Heard several people using it recently but never heard it before this summer.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 16:00

Jagermesiter1871

They've done it with just good closing down and not giving our midfield play makers a moment on the ball.

Boye has been poor does indeed look exactly that. Maybe him and Puscas should be treated as like for like.

It's the ease with which they are closing down us (pretty much all over the pitch) which I find confusing.

Also Chalobah has been great.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 16:01

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

Where has the term ‘baller’ suddenly come from? Heard several people using it recently but never heard it before this summer.

Basketball term as far as I recall from mg childhood.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 24 Aug 2019 16:01

RichTea94 Glen Little really overstating how good 'uddersfield have been. Loads of possession and great pressing in the first 25 mins, but their best chance was the penalty that wasn't given

Glen Little just couldn't understand why Puskas wasn't starting, and has run us down ever since. He was a fantastic player for us, but it's beyond his knowledge how to rotate players during a period of 6 games in 2 and a half weeks.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 24 Aug 2019 16:08

'field back to pressing but we already look more assured on the ball

166 posts