BFTG Huddersfield Away

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG Huddersfield Away

by PieEater » 24 Aug 2019 18:14

That was a game of two halves, first half we were utterly shit and barely got a touch. For all the possession they had I can't recall any chances

Second half we started playing and had a couple of real chances before ojaria scored. Second was a header right in the corner from Morrison, we've missed goals from centre halfs.

Apart from one good save from Rafael we looked comfortable, maybe huddersfield tired.

Overall a great away win and optimism for a good season

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Huddersfield Away

by Snowball » 24 Aug 2019 18:23

Was there an element of rope-a-dope?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2019 18:25

Who`s Ojaria?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Aug 2019 18:27

windermereROYAL Who`s Ojaria?

Mis-spelling. It's OH! Ejaria!

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 24 Aug 2019 18:27

Reading are now 7/1 on coral for promotion...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2019 18:52

Looking at the Huddersfield forum, a lot of their fans say the squad aren't fit enough and have zero creativity but still play a high pressing game. Any scout worth their salt would have spotted that and know that they run out of steam after 65 minutes.

For all their possession, they created nothing of note so we sat back, kept it tight at the back and let them tire themselves out. It was like watching Stam's team all over again.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2019 19:03

Christ, don’t say that!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Aug 2019 19:07

Royal Rother Christ, don’t say that!

Think he meant uddersfield, not us...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2019 19:30

Pepe the Horseman

Yeah, I did mean Huddersfield. Our current team is about as far removed from Stam as you could get; organised and pass the ball with purpose

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 19:46

If we can pump out away results like our last 2 consistently over the season we might finish higher than my predicted 12th..

Rafael - 7 - Quiet game for the bloke but did well when he needed to. One awful long pass out of play (he seems to do this once a game) and an odd choice at one of their first half corners to rush out and box it away were the only missteps.

Miazga - n/a

Morrison - 8 - Yay! A CB who can lead, tackle, clear and score. All his weaknesses covered by playing in a back 3. Happy days.

Moore - 7 - Again a solid if rather muted game for el capitan. I dont care if he doesnt put in another star performance for us as long as this consistency remains.

McIntyre - 8 - He gets an extra point for coping so damn well in a tough situation. It's not easy to come on under that pressure in such a vital role. Made it look easy.

Yiadom - 7 - Suffered due to our lack of possession. Pace to burn though. He could have been in a few times but nobody had a final ball for him and he isnt great at shooting.

Richards - 7 - Really suffered first half and had his hands full all game. Still looks good.

Pele - 7 - He swept up well. Reminds me of early George Evans. Does his job quietly and effectively.

Swift - 8 - He got 2 assists ffs. What more do you want?

Ejaria - 8 - He scored again ffs. What more do you want?

Joao - 7 - He struggle from our lack of possession. But he still looked good I thought. Strong and intelligent. Cant wait to see him and Puşcaş get a run of games together.

Boye - 6 - Yes he can dribble and he can battle and he has a load of tricks but he didnt do anything for the team today. I'm sure this will be contentious. He looked like how I would expect Ejaria to play as a striker. He has lots to do to win me over.

Surprised we weathered the storm but in hindsight I shouldnt have been. We actually seem a competent team now and that'll take me some getting used to. Great result.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2019 20:06

From Despair To Where?
Pepe the Horseman

Yeah, I did mean Huddersfield. Our current team is about as far removed from Stam as you could get; organised and pass the ball with purpose

Ah, right, phew!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2019 21:07

Sounds like prepared well and played a clever game. HTFC doesn’t seem a happy place and we took advantage. Delighted how the last 3 games have gone

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Aug 2019 21:09

Sounds like McIntyre coped well. If Miazga is out for a while, is it simply a case of slotting him in and keeping the same system?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Aug 2019 21:14

WestYorksRoyal Sounds like McIntyre coped well. If Miazga is out for a while, is it simply a case of slotting him in and keeping the same system?

Yes. It would be the same 3 who played together at Wycombe

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Aug 2019 21:20

WestYorksRoyal Sounds like McIntyre coped well. If Miazga is out for a while, is it simply a case of slotting him in and keeping the same system?

It's a must for me. May not have been a system I supported. In fact I was vocally against it but it's been great. Must keep this shape for consistencies sake.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Aug 2019 21:21

That was by and large fcuking atrocious. We barely touched the ball in the first 30 minutes, we made them look like barca-fcuking-lona. We looked fatigued, everyone a yard off the pace, second best to everything. Credit to Huddersfield they pressed high with intensity and in numbers giving us little to no time on the ball, but when we did have an opportunity to beat the press we were careless, sloppy and just poor. Free headers for days at corners and it looked like we were waiting for them to score. Morrison and Joao probably the only ones to come out of the first half with any credit, Boye did a lot of good things but then final ball was poor or dawdled on the ball for too long and got dispossessed. Huddersfield were fit, athletic and physical and we just couldn’t match them, not even close.

They took their foot off and dropped the intensity but we didn’t really get going until Puscas came on. It just gave the whole team a lift. Thought Rino did well when he came on and Rafael is class, even if his long kicking is a little lacking.

You know what they say about a team who can play badly and still win, and by god we played badly. That win felt very good.

Also shout out to Huddersfield, once again very loud. Best home fans in the country - fact.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2019 21:39

Swift bossing it in the highlights. Looks a really good player this year, system is suiting him and Ovie perfectly

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Aug 2019 21:44

Hound Swift bossing it in the highlights. Looks a really good player this year, system is suiting him and Ovie perfectly

Swift was shocking for 80% of that game.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2019 21:50

CountryRoyal
Hound Swift bossing it in the highlights. Looks a really good player this year, system is suiting him and Ovie perfectly

Don’t really care if he then sets up 2 goals as well as another 4 chances on top of that

You’re a difficult man to please CR :)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Aug 2019 21:51

CountryRoyal

2 assists. That'll do me.