BFTG Huddersfield Away

StellaPlease

Re: BFTG Huddersfield Away

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 10:50

oldebiscuit
Lower West Without being critical of any player that started today. Rinomhota should have been in the starting 11 with Pele. Boye spent a lot of the game defensively. As we had no ability to win the ball back. Formation was wrong. We invited pressure on ourselves. Allowing Huddersfield to press us back. Why on earth persevere with playing it out from the back as well. When there's no space and no outball.

PS. Boye is improving everytime I see him. Like Baker last season. He is going to grow in importance to this team. Just needs to get match fit.

Seems like you know more than Gomes. Why didn't you get the job?

No need for that at all. He is making a comment on how he sees it.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Aug 2019 11:26

10539.4 Miles Away With due respect to the people who travelled, I've done Hudds away a couple of times in the past but obvs distant is a bit far now, I saw that game completely different to the majority.

Huddersfield came out massively fired up and saw this as their first chance to gain a league win in God knows how long. We didn't expect that. For the first 10 mins we only touched the ball with defensive clearances, mostly due to the fact that Joao and even more so swift had three and sometimes 4 players sprinting to close them down. This was their game plan. Where we excelled is we adapted, and massive kudos to McIntyre for the way he stepped In, I believe we decided to let themselves run out of gas, knowing we had a very strong bench.

When hudds hadn't even had a shot on target at half time and had a semi cripple GK and CD we really weren't going to lose that. I had called for Puscas to come on five mins earlier and I was wrong. That was an incredible away performance where we adapted on the fly. To be able to bring Puscas and Rino on when they were gassed was excellent. Yes, if they had scored in that first 10/20 mins then it would have been a different game, but they didn't, they didn't even have a shot on target.

Superb game. We are clearly going up :)

Yup, as I said, "rope a dope"... Even their manager said they ran out of steam.

It was a very hot day and pacing it was crucial.

I remember Bill Shankly saying "Defence counts too" or something like that.

Cardiff looked slightly better than us for 20/25 minutes
WBA were al over us for 20-25 minutes
Huddersfield were all over us too

But NONE of these sides "ripped us open" and fired in dozens of shots after clear-cut chances.

Against Wycombe we went on the front foot early, looked great,
should have had a few by half-time, then faded, conceded, and had to
come back from a goal down.

We are not yet 100% fit, we needed to rest the star striker etc

We are getting to be a hard-to-beat side, were very, very good away to Hull
in the second half, then swept away Cardiff, could have nicked a win at WBA,
and now have won at Huddersfield

That's

1-0 Hull (Second half)
1-1 Wycombe (Won on Pens)
3-0 Cardiff
1-1 WBA
2-0 Huddersfield

8-2

just 2 goals conceded in 405 minutes of play, mostly AWAY (plus 20 more first half at Hull)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Aug 2019 11:32

Snowball
10539.4 Miles Away With due respect to the people who travelled, I've done Hudds away a couple of times in the past but obvs distant is a bit far now, I saw that game completely different to the majority.

Huddersfield came out massively fired up and saw this as their first chance to gain a league win in God knows how long. We didn't expect that. For the first 10 mins we only touched the ball with defensive clearances, mostly due to the fact that Joao and even more so swift had three and sometimes 4 players sprinting to close them down. This was their game plan. Where we excelled is we adapted, and massive kudos to McIntyre for the way he stepped In, I believe we decided to let themselves run out of gas, knowing we had a very strong bench.

When hudds hadn't even had a shot on target at half time and had a semi cripple GK and CD we really weren't going to lose that. I had called for Puscas to come on five mins earlier and I was wrong. That was an incredible away performance where we adapted on the fly. To be able to bring Puscas and Rino on when they were gassed was excellent. Yes, if they had scored in that first 10/20 mins then it would have been a different game, but they didn't, they didn't even have a shot on target.

But NONE of these sides "ripped us open" and fired in dozens of shots after clear-cut chances.

That's

1-0 Hull (Second half)
3-0 Cardiff
1-1 WBA
2-0 Huddersfield

8-2

just 2 goals conceded in 405 minutes of play, mostly AWAY (plus 20 more first half at Hull)

Even against Sheff Wed we only conceded in 3 of the 90 minutes so 87 clean minutes

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 11:33

Jesus wept :roll: :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2019 11:57

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
leon
Not if he’s a passenger for the 99% of the time he’s in midfield. Striker probably yes.

Re-read it. If we win because of him why the oxf*rd would you care if he was a passenger for 99% of it?

As I said all last season when Swift was an utter waste of space, deliver goals and the rest of your performance is forgiven.

Being shit for 80% of the game is fine if you produce the goods.

Saying that, you can't be said to have bossed the game if you did nothing for 80% of it just because in the 20% you produced some good chances. That's like the positive opposite of bossing the game.

Original comment from me was about bossing the highlights - which fits quite well with the 20%

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Aug 2019 12:04

Nameless

Just 2 goals conceded in 405 minutes of play, mostly AWAY (plus 20 more first half at Hull)

Even against Sheff Wed we only conceded in 3 of the 90 minutes so 87 clean minutes

Just 2 goals conceded in 405 CONSECUTIVE minutes of play, mostly AWAY (plus 20 more first half at Hull)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Aug 2019 12:14

Hound
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Re-read it. If we win because of him why the oxf*rd would you care if he was a passenger for 99% of it?

As I said all last season when Swift was an utter waste of space, deliver goals and the rest of your performance is forgiven.

Saying that, you can't be said to have bossed the game if you did nothing for 80% of it just because in the 20% you produced some good chances. That's like the positive opposite of bossing the game.

Original comment from me was about bossing the highlights - which fits quite well with the 20%

Just watched the extended highlights and second-half Swift was genuinely awesome.

In the set up for Yiadom hitting the bar (Yiadom should have done better) Swift takes SIX
Huddersfield players out of the game (watch it in slow-mo!) then gets the ball back, sets up
Richards for an easy cross.

His understanding with Ejaria is just great. Swift gets two assists, could easily have been four
and he had a shot destined for the corner deflected wide

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2019 12:20

Do really like the Swift/Ejaria partnership at the moment

Pele hasn’t been amazing but I do think there is a lot of unseen work he does allowing those 2 to flourish. Love Rino but I just don’t think they get the same freedom with him there - it’s a challenge for him to prove they can

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Aug 2019 12:26

Snowball
Hound
Snowflake Royal As I said all last season when Swift was an utter waste of space, deliver goals and the rest of your performance is forgiven.

Just watched the extended highlights and second-half Swift was genuinely awesome.

In the set up for Yiadom hitting the bar (Yiadom should have done better) Swift takes SIX
Huddersfield players out of the game (watch it in slow-mo!) then gets the ball back, sets up
Richards for an easy cross.

His understanding with Ejaria is just great. Swift gets two assists, could easily have been four
and he had a shot destined for the corner deflected wide

I agree, the two of them seem to have a good understanding of each other. Neither of them are particularly quick but for the most part they are smart when on the ball and make clever runs off the ball. Their awareness of the players around them will make them difficult to completely silence for 90 minutes.

It's a stark contrast to Rinomhota who is a more sensible centre mid (makes simple possession based passes and saves the through balls for when there is a high chance of pay off). Andy does have a fantastic burst of pace though that the others lack which at the moment makes him hugely valuable as a sub, particularly as teams begin to tire.

As for Yiadom, hes never been particularly good at shooting. He often blasts them over but I think his shot took a slight deflection.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2019 12:56

Nameless
Snowball

That's

1-0 Hull (Second half)
3-0 Cardiff
1-1 WBA
2-0 Huddersfield

8-2

:lol:

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 25 Aug 2019 14:30

A couple of observations:

1) That lino. Seriously the most inept I have *ever* seen. Truly shocking.

2) McIntyre. Absolutely brilliant to step in and actually looked more assured and composed on the ball than Miazga.

3) Boie :lol: Still far from convinced. Tries too many tricks and flicks but doesn't have the pace to get away with them, and he's far too lightweight. Easily eased off the ball.

4) Pele did OK - not as strong as against WBA and obvious for rotating with Rino.

5) We looked a completely different team when Puscas came on. OK, Huddersfield were tiring but his movement put the fear of god in them. Props for having a real moan at Yids for not sending ball to feet when it was curled down the channel.

6) Despite all their pretty movement, huff and puff, Huddersfield didn't create anything other than one shot (and a save for the cameras) in the second half.

7) Why does Huddersfield have a badger playing for them?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Aug 2019 15:28

I didn't go to the game but based on the commentary and what my mate who went said, it sounds like almost the perfect away performance. Soaked up the pressure (like West Brom) and then nick a goal in the 2nd half. Sounds like we took 2 of our 3 best chances which is a positive as we've been poor at taking our opportunities to score away from home and hence our poor form on the road over the past 2 years.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Aug 2019 20:31

NewCorkSeth As for Yiadom, hes never been particularly good at shooting. He often blasts them over but I think his shot took a slight deflection.

No doubt the coaching staff on working on the finer points of how to improve each players contribution.

Richards is currently a poor crosser of the ball. Doesn't mean he always will be.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Aug 2019 20:54

Lower West
NewCorkSeth As for Yiadom, hes never been particularly good at shooting. He often blasts them over but I think his shot took a slight deflection.

No doubt the coaching staff on working on the finer points of how to improve each players contribution.

Richards is currently a poor crosser of the ball. Doesn't mean he always will be.

You think so? I thought Richards is a pretty good crosser.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 25 Aug 2019 21:04

Oh, and walking back to the station yesterday I was walking alongside two lard arsed HTAFC chappies and one of them was in full on rant mode, and I quote: "FFS, how can we lose to a oxf*rd tinpot team like that? We're Premier League and that load of tinpot wurzels only just escaped relegation! And as for that tinpot support ... "

I laughed.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Aug 2019 21:06

A win and a clean sheet away from home! First time in nearly two years. I really have belief about us this season

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 21:33

Dick Habbin's hairdo Oh, and walking back to the station yesterday I was walking alongside two lard arsed HTAFC chappies and one of them was in full on rant mode, and I quote: "FFS, how can we lose to a oxf*rd tinpot team like that? We're Premier League and that load of tinpot wurzels only just escaped relegation! And as for that tinpot support ... "

I laughed.

How quickly they forget that untill Wagner came in they were nothing more than a yo-yo club between league one and the championship.

They'll be back to exactly that next season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Aug 2019 21:38

StellaPlease
Dick Habbin's hairdo Oh, and walking back to the station yesterday I was walking alongside two lard arsed HTAFC chappies and one of them was in full on rant mode, and I quote: "FFS, how can we lose to a oxf*rd tinpot team like that? We're Premier League and that load of tinpot wurzels only just escaped relegation! And as for that tinpot support ... "

I laughed.

How quickly they forget that untill Wagner came in they were nothing more than a yo-yo club between league one and the championship.

Reading are hardly one of the big clubs...........

21,847 turned up on Saturday for the game. Seems as if they stick with their club through thick and thin.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Aug 2019 22:25

Lower West
StellaPlease

I laughed.

21,847 turned up on Saturday for the game. Seems as if they stick with their club through thick and thin.

Yeh we initially had good crowds for the season post relegation.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Aug 2019 22:52

Jagermesiter1871
Lower West
StellaPlease

Yeh we initially had good crowds for the season post relegation.

They've a far better history than us.