Nova leaves on permanent deal

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Nova leaves on permanent deal

by SCIAG » 04 Sep 2019 08:31

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Novakovich was done here the moment he went on loan last summer - my only surprise is that a top flight Dutch club weren't prepared to fork out the cash for him - as if a 2nd division Italian side can afford him it us unlikely to have been more than a million or so.

I have literally no idea how good he actually is or will be - he scored some goals in the Netherlands but I do not know what is all round play is actually like as I don't watch Dutch football - however, it seems that in his time here 3 managers decided he would not be the right option for the way we play and you only need to look at the lack of minutes with the "firsts" over the summer, when fit, to see that he really wasn't seen as a viable option for us in Gomes style.

So overall, best deal for all. I don't get the, he hasn't had a chance view, he has - he wasn't viewed as good enough/right for us by multiple managers who will know all about him both in the u23s and loans - so he now gets the chance to show he can score goals and settle at a decent level. Good luck to him.

Multiple managers with a less than stellar record of bringing in or through strikers who perform.

These are the managers who signed:
Bodvarsson
Aluko
Baldock
McNulty
Joao
Puscas

Instead of using him. None of the first four really had a good impact. Bodvarsson ok. Baldock not awful And the latter two haven't played 10 games for us between them yet.

Can't believe you forgot the mighty Chris Martin.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2019 08:37

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
Stranded Novakovich was done here the moment he went on loan last summer - my only surprise is that a top flight Dutch club weren't prepared to fork out the cash for him - as if a 2nd division Italian side can afford him it us unlikely to have been more than a million or so.

I have literally no idea how good he actually is or will be - he scored some goals in the Netherlands but I do not know what is all round play is actually like as I don't watch Dutch football - however, it seems that in his time here 3 managers decided he would not be the right option for the way we play and you only need to look at the lack of minutes with the "firsts" over the summer, when fit, to see that he really wasn't seen as a viable option for us in Gomes style.

So overall, best deal for all. I don't get the, he hasn't had a chance view, he has - he wasn't viewed as good enough/right for us by multiple managers who will know all about him both in the u23s and loans - so he now gets the chance to show he can score goals and settle at a decent level. Good luck to him.

Multiple managers with a less than stellar record of bringing in or through strikers who perform.

These are the managers who signed:
Bodvarsson
Aluko
Baldock
McNulty
Joao
Puscas

Instead of using him. None of the first four really had a good impact. Bodvarsson ok. Baldock not awful And the latter two haven't played 10 games for us between them yet.

Can't believe you forgot the mighty Chris Martin.

Filed him under Oliveira... mid season loan? Nova already gone on loan by that point so not competing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Sep 2019 10:42

Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Snowflake Royal Loader.

Maybe Joao depending on which version turns up.

Yeah, perhaps one could argue get rid of Loader instead of Nova. TBH I've not seen enough of them to compare. I'm hoping/trusting we got a better deal for Nova than we would have had for Loader and/or Gomes et al consider him a better prospect (which I guess he is, but who knows).
I wouldn't get rid of Loader. He's got loadsa time for now. U23s, loan... all would still benefit him.

But if he’s OOC at the end of the season, and won’t sign a new one, there’s no real point of developing him surely because we won’t reap the benefits. Right now, he isn’t good enough for the XI and unless we see a significant improvement in the short term, it’s a pointless exercise wasting our time on him only for him to leave at the end of the season anyway

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2019 17:43

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Yeah, perhaps one could argue get rid of Loader instead of Nova. TBH I've not seen enough of them to compare. I'm hoping/trusting we got a better deal for Nova than we would have had for Loader and/or Gomes et al consider him a better prospect (which I guess he is, but who knows).
I wouldn't get rid of Loader. He's got loadsa time for now. U23s, loan... all would still benefit him.

But if he’s OOC at the end of the season, and won’t sign a new one, there’s no real point of developing him surely because we won’t reap the benefits. Right now, he isn’t good enough for the XI and unless we see a significant improvement in the short term, it’s a pointless exercise wasting our time on him only for him to leave at the end of the season anyway

Only the club know whether there's a chance of him staying. I'm not going to faff about guessing on that. I'd want him to stay, so my opinion what to do with him is based on that.