BFTG Boro

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Boro

by karbota » 15 Sep 2019 15:19

Snowflake Royal
karbota
Snowflake Royal Amen.

Natural for Puscas to struggle a bit. Young, new country etc. And we know Joak's work ethic is suspect as a 1 in 6 good games player.

It's still early. Playing well and losing isn't great, but it's better than playing badly and losing. It's a better start than last year. It's better performances than last year.

We just need to have realistic expectations. Mid table sides have poor patches. They're inconsistent. That's where we are at best.

LOL, remember you saying the same about Denis Rakels ," will come good 20+ goals"!.

Calling bullshit on that.

Ok sorry on that, it must have been Ian Royal or Spacey?.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Sep 2019 16:33

Just watched that utterly shit game and as no one has given ratings, I shall get the ball rolling.

Rafa 5. Controversial I know, but this is a discussion forum and it’d be boring with no controversy. Great saves, good command all game but I couldn’t work out, and still can’t work out, how he let that goal in.
Morrison - 6 unremarkable. Tried hard did ok.
Moore - 6 unremarkable. “
Mac - 6.5 some great pace and blocks, pick of the central defenders for me.
Yiadom - 6.5 Love the guy. Usual brilliant self in a generally poor game.
Richards 6.5 “
Rhino 6. Didn’t do much right or wrong. Were we missing Pele?
Swift - 7. I thought he was excellent. Tried really hard, best of the midfielders for me.
Ejaria - 6. Good player of course, my favourite. Not much wrong but seemed quite anonymous most of this game.
Meite 6. Worked his bollox off, just didn’t have the final touch.
Boye - 3-8. Utterly confusing. Typically would do something amazing, then fall or totally cock up. I still can’t work him out.

Joao- 7. Was quite brilliant, changed the game for the better.
Puscas 6. Apparently he came on. Oh yeah, he missed a sitter. Ok it wasn’t as much of a sitter as commentators made out but still we expect a lot from our hero.
Loader - n/a didn’t see enough of him.

Ref - typical shit as per most refs, getting in way of ball, inconsistency.

Gomes - probably tiredness after the break I’m not sure, but something didn’t click today and one has to question having our two best strikers on the bench. And after last time where going nuts was the wrong thing to do, he did it again anyway. Had we scored, which we almost did, it would’ve been hailed as a master stroke. Might have to start referring to my “will we get found out” thread...

Overall - I think it was stalemate really. Goal a bit out the blue. Both teams shit, cancelled each other out. Draw would be fair. So overall I’m not too concerned. We know we’re good when a defeat away to boro is considered unlucky.

Talking points - are we missing pele? Mac was good but are we missing miazga? Do P&J really need to be starting games? Overall still a good team I think. Great players. We will do well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 16:50

karbota
Snowflake Royal
karbota
LOL, remember you saying the same about Denis Rakels ," will come good 20+ goals"!.

Calling bullshit on that.

Well seeing as I'm IR and Spacey hasn't been a regular for about 10 years, you're talking nonsense.

As I'm sure which ever regular you are behind the new username knows.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 15 Sep 2019 18:13

Jagermesiter1871
windermereROYAL
Zip :| Not one poster on here has suggested Gomes should be sacked. He remains very much in credit for keeping us up last season.

TBF I`m reacting to the social media kids.

Yeh but they're just 12 year olds who saw the score on teletext and nothing more.

Agree with the sentiment, if not the media...”teletext” LOL

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 15 Sep 2019 18:51

Snowflake Royal
karbota
Snowflake Royal Calling bullshit on that.

Well seeing as I'm IR and Spacey hasn't been a regular for about 10 years, you're talking nonsense.

Ok dug out one of your many love in posts on Rakels =

Re: Deniss Rakels will be the league's top scorer this season...
Double figures for Denis but can't see him breaking 20. Thinking about this a second... i think that 3 of our last 3 promotions our top scorer had less than 20 goals, and we've failed to get promoted in seasons where Long, Sigurdsson, Cureton, Butler (? ), Caskey and Morley have all got 20+, which

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Sep 2019 19:36

karbota
Snowflake Royal
karbota

Double figures for Denis but can't see him breaking 20. Thinking about this a second... i think that 3 of our last 3 promotions our top scorer had less than 20 goals, and we've failed to get promoted in seasons where Long, Sigurdsson, Cureton, Butler (? ), Caskey and Morley have all got 20+, which

What a bizarre and meaningless post, who cares what someone thought 3 years ago

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 15 Sep 2019 21:03

URZZZZ
karbota
Snowflake Royal Well seeing as I'm IR and Spacey hasn't been a regular for about 10 years, you're talking nonsense.

What a bizarre and meaningless post, who cares what someone thought 3 years ago

Ask Ian.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Sep 2019 21:29

karbota
Snowflake Royal
karbota

You said Ian said Rakels would score 20 goals.
In the post you've quoted, Ian explicitly says Rakels won't score 20 goals.

Given than Rakels suffered a freak injury in the first game of the season, he doesn't seem like the best example to bring up? Maybe go for people who were excited about Sone Aluko.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 21:52

Where's the :| slot machine gif when you need it.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Sep 2019 22:06

Zip
What frustrates me is we are losing to sides we are more than capable of beating. For Boro read Hull.

Another day a different result. Consistancy is some way off.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 16 Sep 2019 04:55

windermereROYAL
Zip :| Not one poster on here has suggested Gomes should be sacked. He remains very much in credit for keeping us up last season.

I was listening to the Berks commentary during the game and any of this "Sack Gomes" nonsense starts fairly and squarely at Tim Dellors door, I couldn't believe it when shortly after we conceded he began musing along the lines of "I'm not saying he should be underpressure but do you think he might be worrying about his job" "The bench hasn't been the usual calm sharp Italian suit from Gomes today, he looks rattled, maybe he's under pressure" and on and on. I really wish there was an alternative to listening to them.

At half time they played a clip of the podcast with Dave Kitson saying that the secret of our success was that Coppell was given time and in the modern game no one gets that time and its a mistake. They then proceed to put pressure on the manager. I did point this out in a tweet to them at full time, strangely enough they didn't read it out.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 16 Sep 2019 07:57

SCIAG
karbota
Snowflake Royal Well seeing as I'm IR and Spacey hasn't been a regular for about 10 years, you're talking nonsense.

Given than Rakels suffered a freak injury in the first game of the season, he doesn't seem like the best example to bring up? Maybe go for people who were excited about Sone Aluko.

Suggest you go to spec savers Sciag.

Double figures for Denis but can't see him breaking 20.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Sep 2019 08:18

karbota
SCIAG
karbota

FFS :roll:

which one of Dave Royal, Kes, DD or Informant is this clown then? And why do they always start some rubbish beef with Ian? Its like he is some troll magnet

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2019 08:35

karbota
SCIAG
karbota

Huh?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Sep 2019 08:46

Games like this happen - could easily have been 2-0 to us on another day frustrating but nothing to get too concerned about - a win against Blackburn is needed now though else the Swansea and Fulham games suddenly look much, much harder.

The real concern at the minute is our ability to comeback from conceding the first goal. Admittedly a small sample, but every game where we have conceded first in the league this season has ended in defeat - we failed to score in 2 of them and in the only game we got back on level terms, we let another in within a couple of minutes.

That suggests a mental issue, probably confidence based, whereby the players and staff totally buy in to this way of playing and if they get ahead thrive but don't yet have the full belief in their abilities to get back into it by doing the same things if the opposition nick a goal - shown in some ways by us simply throwing on attacking players at the first sign of trouble.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Sep 2019 09:58

WestYorksRoyal I'd also like to make a shout out to Middlesbrough as a much better than expected away day. Its consistently voted the worst place to live in the UK, but it's a nice walk from the station to the ground. There was also a great pub next to the station showing the cricket and early and late kick offs. Boro fans and punters very friendly and good chat.

Also saw Middlesbrough were giving free advertising to Zoe's Place, a children's hospice in the area which is due to close because of funding. I'll happily be contributing a bit.

I agree, no football awayday is complete without donating to a children's hospice.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2019 10:04

10539.4 Miles Away
windermereROYAL

I was listening to the Berks commentary during the game and any of this "Sack Gomes" nonsense starts fairly and squarely at Tim Dellors door, I couldn't believe it when shortly after we conceded he began musing along the lines of "I'm not saying he should be underpressure but do you think he might be worrying about his job" "The bench hasn't been the usual calm sharp Italian suit from Gomes today, he looks rattled, maybe he's under pressure" and on and on. I really wish there was an alternative to listening to them.

At half time they played a clip of the podcast with Dave Kitson saying that the secret of our success was that Coppell was given time and in the modern game no one gets that time and its a mistake. They then proceed to put pressure on the manager. I did point this out in a tweet to them at full time, strangely enough they didn't read it out.

Dellor will never accept that Gomes got the job instead of his beloved Phil Parkinson, the blokes a prize tit.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Sep 2019 12:08

10539.4 Miles Away
windermereROYAL

Dim Tellor has had it in for our 'Portuguese' manager and his 'Portuguese' coaching staff (plus our 'Chinese' owners) ever since his hero - 'really nice, honest guy' - Paul Clement was sacked. Tellor remains convinced that Clement should've been allowed more time to complete the job (IMO taking us down with barely a whimper).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Sep 2019 12:18

RoyalBlue
10539.4 Miles Away
windermereROYAL

Dim Tellor has had it in for our 'Portuguese' manager and his 'Portuguese' coaching staff (plus our 'Chinese' owners) ever since his hero - 'really nice, honest guy' - Paul Clement was sacked. Tellor remains convinced that Clement should've been allowed more time to complete the job (IMO taking us down with barely a whimper).

Dellor doesn’t have it in for Gomes at all. It’s yet more nonsense. He simply questioned a few of his decisions, and that’s what he’s paid to do. He questioned many of Clements decisions too

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2019 12:26

RoyalBlue
10539.4 Miles Away
windermereROYAL

I hope you say the same thing if we're struggling in a dozen games time and Gomes gets the boot.