GOMES OUT!

806 posts
krapmle

Re: GOMES OUT!

by krapmle » 07 Oct 2019 17:40

fakesnow said
another example of the shambles our financials are in if it's true

I think we now know who the troll is. You post everywhere and aren't even aware of some basics. what a donkey..e-or...e-or

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2019 18:02

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm going to disagree.

On the basis of the performance against Cardiff and his international performances the transfer fee and anything less than 50k a week is an absolute steal and most of us at the time were thinking we got ourselves a bargain.

Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing and his less than convincing performances since have us thinking even 50p a week is too much.

My guess is he will step up to the plate. His errors now are pretty clearly down to rock bottom confidence, not lack of effort or lack of ability.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that at his age, I think we got ourselves a bargain.

Whether it's good value for his ability or potential is moot. It's whether we should be signing players, particularly young unproven ones on that money at all.

We are a Championship club with income of around £20m a year. We have no business paying anyone over £20k a week. That should be the top end for our handful of proven stars.

This combined with long contracts is half the reason we're a financial basket case.

I guess they like taking a risk. If he is the sort of player that will fire us into the PL or who goes for £30million one day I'd be more than fine with it. It's all about risk as with anything in business.

This is the sort of attitude that sees you go all in on a pair of 2s post flop in poker and lose to a flush that's already two cards on the board.

We're constantly on the edge of betting the farm on a long shot. Businesses have risk management for a reason, and this sort of approach should be right in the danger zone, do not do area.

krapmle

by krapmle » 07 Oct 2019 18:06

Snowflake Royal
Snowflake Royal Whether it's good value for his ability or potential is moot. It's whether we should be signing players, particularly young unproven ones on that money at all.

We are a Championship club with income of around £20m a year. We have no business paying anyone over £20k a week. That should be the top end for our handful of proven stars.

This combined with long contracts is half the reason we're a financial basket case.

I guess they like taking a risk. If he is the sort of player that will fire us into the PL or who goes for £30million one day I'd be more than fine with it. It's all about risk as with anything in business.

This is the sort of attitude that sees you go all in on a pair of 2s post flop in poker and lose to a flush that's already two cards on the board.

We're constantly on the edge of betting the farm on a long shot. Businesses have risk management for a reason, and this sort of approach should be right in the danger zone, do not do area.

clear off donkey. you have no idea about anything. have you any idea of reading fc debt levels? go get back on the bus

krapmle

by krapmle » 07 Oct 2019 18:06

krapmle
Snowflake Royal

clear off donkey. you have no idea about anything. have you any idea of reading fc debt levels? go get back on the bus

FAKESNOW FAKE PERSON

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2019 18:08

So DD has had a full on meltdown and not actually left in a drove then.

Ben Hamer likely to be back soon.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Oct 2019 18:11

Sounding like the pressure Brobot created with this thread could no longer be contained.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2019 18:26

Snowflake Royal
Snowflake Royal Whether it's good value for his ability or potential is moot. It's whether we should be signing players, particularly young unproven ones on that money at all.

I don't disagree. But these guys have created their millions somehow, while our saviour Madejski and his caution didn't work at *that* well for us, or for him lately.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Oct 2019 18:28

Winston Biscuit Sounding like the pressure Brobot created with this thread could no longer be contained.

I was just thinking that it would be funny if Nigel Howe had a browse on HNA and decided to pull the trigger after seeing Brobot’s joke thread

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Oct 2019 18:30

How long before you`re calling for the head of the new manager? I`ll give it till Christmas.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2019 18:36

Snowflake Royal

I don't disagree. But these guys have created their millions somehow, while our saviour Madejski and his caution didn't work at *that* well for us, or for him lately.

You mean apart from the best 20 years of our entire history, a points record, promotion to the top tier for the first time ever and an 8th placed finish?

Yeah, didn't work out to well for us that Madejski tenure! :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Oct 2019 18:38

windermereROYAL How long before you`re calling for the head of the new manager? I`ll give it till Christmas.

I do think this is a little tiresome. The people asking for a change, with the exception of trolls/Brobot acting the clown have given pretty clear reasons why they think a change is necessary

It’s not a stamping feet tantrum - at least recognise that. We genuinely just don’t think he is up to the job and have tried to explain why

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2019 18:40

windermereROYAL How long before you`re calling for the head of the new manager? I`ll give it till Christmas.

Exactly. God help our new manager if he starts badly.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2019 18:42

Hound

I do think this is a little tiresome. The people asking for a change, with the exception of trolls/Brobot acting the clown have given pretty clear reasons why they think a change is necessary

It’s not a stamping feet tantrum - at least recognise that. We genuinely just don’t think he is up to the job and have tried to explain why

So was he up to the job last season? Surely he would have been found out during a really tough relegation battle that started as soon as he landed the job if he wasn’t up to it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2019 18:46

Snowflake Royal
Snowflake Royal This is the sort of attitude that sees you go all in on a pair of 2s post flop in poker and lose to a flush that's already two cards on the board.

You mean apart from the best 20 years of our entire history, a points record, promotion to the top tier for the first time ever and an 8th placed finish?

Again, I don't disagree. It worked well to a degree of course. Love the guy. And if we want to be a CHamp club who occasionally has a brief stint in the PL that's fine. But you have since admitted his underinvestment was a reason we didnt stay up and capitalise. I'm not necessarily saying that was the wrong thing to do, just that there are different approaches in business with different rewards. I should know, I own enough ;)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Oct 2019 18:46

Actually don`t believe it`s a done deal, if this meeting is going on I reckon he will get a deadline to turn it around, maybe until the next international break.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2019 18:47

Zip
Hound

So was he up to the job last season? Surely he would have been found out during a really tough relegation battle that started as soon as he landed the job if he wasn’t up to it.

With 5 excellent loanees and a really big feel good factor, barely.

Totally different conditions zip. Going in halfway through lifting the mood and just having to raise things a bit, to going in with a proper plan, having serious input on signings. Having to lift the players from your own issues.

Never stayed anywhere long. Never been particularly successful anyway. Never built a successful team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Oct 2019 18:49

Snowflake Royal

Again, I don't disagree. It worked well to a degree of course. Love the guy. And if we want to be a CHamp club who occasionally has a brief stint in the PL that's fine. But you have since admitted his underinvestment was a reason we didnt stay up and capitalise. I'm not necessarily saying that was the wrong thing to do, just that there are different approaches in business with different rewards. I should know, I own enough ;)

I think I was fairly clear on us spending badly, not under investing.

The key with Madejski, apart from when he was overseas and Burns was here, we didn't spend more than we could afford. And we built superb success despite that. Since then, we've consistently spent lots more than we can afford, and are in our 5th relegation battle in six years. Hmm, which do I prefer?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2019 18:51

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

With 5 excellent loanees and a really big feel good factor, barely.

Totally different conditions zip. Going in halfway through lifting the mood and just having to raise things a bit, to going in with a proper plan, having serious input on signings. Having to lift the players from your own issues.

Never stayed anywhere long. Never been particularly successful anyway. Never built a successful team.

Oh so only yesterday you admitted he did a good job but now you say he was barely up to it. So it’s Gomes fault when it goes tits up and he gets no credit when the season turns around under his stewardship.
Last edited by Zip on 07 Oct 2019 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Oct 2019 18:53

windermereROYAL Actually don`t believe it`s a done deal, if this meeting is going on I reckon he will get a deadline to turn it around, maybe until the next international break.

Yes and that would be a fair timescale. If he can’t turn it around by then fair enough. He has to show that he can change the tactics and the formation and get away from this silly zonal marking.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 07 Oct 2019 18:54

Snowflake Royal

That was cringey to read. Was a little sick in my mouth.

806 posts