GOMES OUT!

806 posts
WestRoyal

Re: GOMES OUT!

by WestRoyal » 09 Oct 2019 14:42

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871 @samrourke_
· 6h
Been told that Jose Gomes and his staff's authority in the dressing room had severely deteriorated in the last few weeks. Also told several first-team players had nicknamed him a 'Car Salesman' because he 'talked a good game' - Make of that what you will..

#ReadingFC

If true - disgraceful. Could think of a few nick names for this group of conmen who have been abject failures under a succession of managers.
#SackThePlayers

Really? Let's look at our squad against Bristol

Rafael - new signing

Yiadom - a "supposed" POTS
Miazga - helped keep us up
Moore - on the whole has been very good
Morrison - new signing
Richards - hasn't done bad

Pele - new signing
Rino - our POTS
Ejaria - new signing

Puscas - new signing
Meite - scored vital goals

Walker - hasn't played
McIntyre - brought through by Gomes
Loader - brought through by Gomes
Barrett - brought through by Gomes
Olise - brought through by Gomes
Joao - new signing
Boye - new signing

Can you tell me who the "abject failures under a succession of managers" are please? The only long term players here really are Gunter, Moore, Swift and McCleary I think. Gomes cleared out the ones with the attitude problems and the deadwood including Ilori, Aluko, Barrow etc

:lol: That old chestnut, which players had attitude problems?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Oct 2019 14:53

WestRoyal
URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871 @samrourke_
· 6h
Been told that Jose Gomes and his staff's authority in the dressing room had severely deteriorated in the last few weeks. Also told several first-team players had nicknamed him a 'Car Salesman' because he 'talked a good game' - Make of that what you will..

#ReadingFC

If true - disgraceful. Could think of a few nick names for this group of conmen who have been abject failures under a succession of managers.
#SackThePlayers

Rafael - new signing

Morrison - new signing

Pele - new signing
Rino - our POTS
Ejaria - new signing

Puscas - new signing

Walker - hasn't played
Joao - new signing
Boye - new signing

Can you tell me who the "abject failures under a succession of managers" are please? The only long term players here really are Gunter, Moore, Swift and McCleary I think. Gomes cleared out the ones with the attitude problems and the deadwood including Ilori, Aluko, Barrow etc

Aluko and Barrow - walking back every time they lost the ball (which was a lot)
Ilori - always struck the impression he thought he was better than what he was with his languid style
Popa - has a terrible attitude
Even Kelly - the arrogance of saying “we knew we wouldn’t be relegated”, showing a complacent attitude amongst the squad

That enough for you?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2019 14:55

URZZZZ
WestRoyal
URZZZZ

Rafael - new signing

Morrison - new signing

Pele - new signing
Rino - our POTS
Ejaria - new signing

Puscas - new signing

Walker - hasn't played
Joao - new signing
Boye - new signing

Ilori - always struck the impression he thought he was better than what he was with his languid style
Even Kelly - the arrogance of saying “we knew we wouldn’t be relegated”, showing a complacent attitude amongst the squad

That enough for you?

Illori is total speculation, and you've probably missed Meyler. Reckon Bacuna was a wrong un but based on nothing so doesn't count.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 09 Oct 2019 15:21

URZZZZ
WestRoyal
URZZZZ

Rafael - new signing

Morrison - new signing

Pele - new signing
Rino - our POTS
Ejaria - new signing

Puscas - new signing

Walker - hasn't played
Joao - new signing
Boye - new signing

That enough for you?

Nope, that doesn't tell me they had bad attitudes or maybe i'm taking your bad attitude comment out of context. It says Aluko and Barrow didn't track back, Ilori was over confident, Kelly had faith and was complacent which doesn't mean he had a bad attitude and I assume popa looked like he had an attitude problem because you haven't stated why he had one.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 09 Oct 2019 16:05

Club finally confirms what we all suspected. Thanks José. You're a top bloke, but the win % wasn't anywhere good enough. Good luck in your next venture.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 09 Oct 2019 16:27

Maybe it’s the players who are clearly unprofessional who need to go. A lot of them are a complete waste of space. Some in particular have been the downfall for 3 managers.

Transfer list the ducking lot of them

I wanted Jose to stay. Now next season we will definitely be below Wycombe

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Oct 2019 16:46

A lot of overly hysterical fans today throwing a tantrum over a manager who was here less than a year and had a record barely better than his predecessor. A predecessor who a lot of the same people were baying for the blood of.

Jose is a very very nice man and I hope he has success in the rest of his career. However, he wasn't the man to take us forward and I think the fact he was a nice man us clouding the judgement of quite a few people.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 09 Oct 2019 16:52

If Hughes is the next manager, will he bring he bring Gunter back into the fold?

For reasons I never understood Gunter was made a scapegoat for everything that went wrong at Reading. I have no doubt that bringing him back will improve the team.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Oct 2019 16:53

Hampshire Royal If Hughes is the next manager, will he bring he bring Gunter back into the fold?

For reasons I never understood Gunter was made a scapegoat for everything that went wrong at Reading. I have no doubt that bringing him back will improve the team.

Hughes NOT on shortlist
Sky Sports are reporting Mark Hughes is NOT on the shortlist to be next Reading manager...

Talk Reading
@TalkReading
Mark Hughes will NOT be on Reading’s shortlist to replace José Gomes as the club look to make an appointment as soon as possible. [@SkySports] #readingfc

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Oct 2019 16:55

WoodleyRoyal
Hampshire Royal If Hughes is the next manager, will he bring he bring Gunter back into the fold?

Hughes NOT on shortlist
Sky Sports are reporting Mark Hughes is NOT on the shortlist to be next Reading manager...

Talk Reading
@TalkReading
Mark Hughes will NOT be on Reading’s shortlist to replace José Gomes as the club look to make an appointment as soon as possible. [@SkySports] #readingfc

If they haven't completed their shortlist then this could be 100% accurate and Hughes still be appointed
Sky in guessing to get a story shocker :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2019 18:27

It’ll be 3 managers within 1 year

Who the oxf*rd do we think we are?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Oct 2019 18:33

WoodleyRoyal

Hughes NOT on shortlist

Talk Reading
@TalkReading

But odds on favourite on sky bet.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Oct 2019 18:34

A club that doesn’t want to drop in to League One, perhaps?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2019 18:44

Well....it’s working well isn’t it?

(never heard of ‘speculate to accumulate’?)

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 09 Oct 2019 19:05

Just read Gomes parting message. Argue all you like regarding manager credentials and ability, but he oozes class. All the BS he had to deal with regarding the dead-weight, the morale, and the embargo, etc. and he gets 10 months.

I remember him saying one of the first things he did was to ban smart phones from the team meals - thought that was a brilliant move to help build camaraderie.

I'll echo JSK's comments regarding managerial stability. We need someone here for more than 18 months who has time to build and the support to do it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2019 19:11

Agree.....but he won’t get that at Reading.

Just check out some of the ‘expert’ opinions on here (for example).

If it’s not ‘now’ it aint worth keeping.

Poor decision

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Oct 2019 19:15

But he’s had 34 games and we’ve made no progress. He joined in the relegation zone, he left us in the relegation zone. Credit for keeping us up but he had to go unfortunately

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2019 19:21

....and yes, but still less than one year (spread over two seasons and two squads) in charge

And of course...all of this getting-rid is ‘working-a-treat’

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Oct 2019 19:27

Well the last two managers have helped keep us up and the one before that took us to the playoff final. So arguably, yes it has worked

That is just the current climate football is at. Chuck lots of money at it - lose a few games - get sacked. Rewards can be gained by sticking through, such as Bristol and Johnson. But it doesn’t always work. Look how stale Wenger was at Arsenal his last few years

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Oct 2019 19:29

Warne at Rotherham?

The climate stinks....what is worse is that a team who only had two managers in ten years (not so long back) has joined that stink.

806 posts