GOMES OUT!

806 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: GOMES OUT!

by karbota » 22 Sep 2019 14:48

Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Gomes inherited shite and managed to sort things out, keep us up and turn things around.

He’s brought in brilliant players, has given us a taster of what he can achieve and is now simply a victim of his own success.

Unfortunately for him though he needs to live up to the hype he has provoked.

I for one went nuts and bet on us doing well this season and will accept nothing less than a comfortable top half finish and playoffs next season.

Anything less than that and he will have tough time convincing critics he should stay.

You're in for a shit season mate

My God Ian a truly " Road to Damascus moment ".

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Sep 2019 14:51

URZZZZ
Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal We're well aware you really rate him Ascot, no need to keep banging on about how much you love him.

Sorry Snowflake....I just get wound up when people start suggesting Clement was "turning it around" of that he was "harshly treated" . He was a f*cking disaster.

Stam’s last 8 games : 4 points
Clement’s first 8 games : 8 points

So he kept us up

It’s absolute nonsense to call him a disaster

Stam win Ratio 40.82%
Clement win Ratio 23.33% worst of all time......to be below Bodgers and Burns takes some doing.

krapmle

by krapmle » 22 Sep 2019 15:04

Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Gomes inherited shite and managed to sort things out, keep us up and turn things around.

He’s brought in brilliant players, has given us a taster of what he can achieve and is now simply a victim of his own success.

I for one went nuts and bet on us doing well this season and will accept nothing less than a comfortable top half finish and playoffs next season.

Anything less than that and he will have tough time convincing critics he should stay.

hey mr hypocrite, you told me last week in a very rude and obnoxious manner that we were improving. you cannot be taken seriously.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 22 Sep 2019 15:54

Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ
Ascotexgunner

Sorry Snowflake....I just get wound up when people start suggesting Clement was "turning it around" of that he was "harshly treated" . He was a f*cking disaster.

So he kept us up

Stam win Ratio 40.82%
Clement win Ratio 23.33% worst of all time......to be below Bodgers and Burns takes some doing.

What is Gomes win Ratio?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2019 16:12

royalp-we
Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ

So he kept us up

Stam win Ratio 40.82%

What is Gomes win Ratio?

8 from 31 in the league, 25,80%

overall 9 from 34. 26.47%

Loss record 38.70% league. 38.23% overall.

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 22 Sep 2019 16:35

royalp-we
Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ

So he kept us up

Stam win Ratio 40.82%

What is Gomes win Ratio?

Matches 33
W 10
D 11
L 12
Goals 39:46
Points 41
PPM 1.24
Win rate 30.3%

Other managers of note in the championships win rates:
Niel Warock 41.6%
Tony Mowberry 45%
Marcelo Beilsia 55%
I ran out of time to calculate more.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 22 Sep 2019 16:37

Couple that with 7 points from the first 8 games of this season, doesn’t read great does it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2019 17:27

Hitchytwo
royalp-we
Ascotexgunner
Stam win Ratio 40.82%

What is Gomes win Ratio?

Matches 33
W 10
D 11
L 12
Goals 39:46
Points 41
PPM 1.24
Win rate 30.3%

Other managers of note in the championships win rates:
Niel Warock 41.6%
Tony Mowberry 45%
Marcelo Beilsia 55%
I ran out of time to calculate more.

Incorrect, 6 wins from 24 last season. 3 from 10 this season. i assume you are counting Wycome as a victory. which it wasn`t.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2019 17:36

Snowflake Royal

Yeah a little concerned but I remain hopeful. If odds of 3/1 return for a top half finish I’ll put some more on.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Sep 2019 18:58

krapmle
Snowflake Royal

hey mr hypocrite, you told me last week in a very rude and obnoxious manner that we were improving. you cannot be taken seriously.

Spot on, also said Rafels would be among the top scorers last season, and again Puscas OMG.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2019 19:43

karbota
krapmle
Snowflake Royal You're in for a shit season mate

Spot on, also said Rafels would be among the top scorers last season, and again Puscas OMG.

Ian and I (actually everyone and everyone) have had our deep disagreements here over the years but we respect each other, that’s the point of a discussion forum: come across and bounce ideas off people who see things differently. If you want an echo chamber put your head in a bucket and talk all you like. People disagree on some issues and agree on others. And as we are all bound by the laws of time and uncertainty oddly enough we all have hunches that sometimes turn out to be wrong.

I agree there is no room on this forum for rude obnoxious behaviour (not aimed at anyone in particular, I’m just as guilty), I hate it too, but mods will do bugger all about it and probably right so: good luck trying to change the internet.

No point getting all butt hurt and opening two different accounts just to have a go at someone.

For the record, he was replying to MY suggestion that we are a playoff side. If that is MY expectation (And it is an outlier opinion) then *I* am in for a shit season. Nothing inconsistent about that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Sep 2019 16:36

krapmle this manager at the moment does not inspire the players enough to want to put on a Reading shirt and go and win a football match.
Character, desire, structure, tactics all missing.
Do you have any evidence to back up this statement?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 24 Sep 2019 16:58

Rakels, no?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Sep 2019 07:59

Forbury Lion
krapmle this manager at the moment does not inspire the players enough to want to put on a Reading shirt and go and win a football match.
Character, desire, structure, tactics all missing.
Do you have any evidence to back up this statement?

You're dealing with Kes/DD's back up account Forbs. Its not worth it.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Sep 2019 21:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup
karbota
krapmle

Ian and I (actually everyone and everyone) have had our deep disagreements here over the years but we respect each other, that’s the point of a discussion forum: come across and bounce ideas off people who see things differently. If you want an echo chamber put your head in a bucket and talk all you like. People disagree on some issues and agree on others. And as we are all bound by the laws of time and uncertainty oddly enough we all have hunches that sometimes turn out to be wrong.

I agree there is no room on this forum for rude obnoxious behaviour (not aimed at anyone in particular, I’m just as guilty), I hate it too, but mods will do bugger all about it and probably right so: good luck trying to change the internet.

No point getting all butt hurt and opening two different accounts just to have a go at someone.

For the record, he was replying to MY suggestion that we are a playoff side. If that is MY expectation (And it is an outlier opinion) then *I* am in for a shit season. Nothing inconsistent about that.

So you are one and the same Ian?. "You can take a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Sep 2019 22:23

Copyright HMHB circa 1984

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2019 23:10

No, he isn't.

A pencil's graphite

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Sep 2019 23:13

Right with the last word as usual Ian

:wink:

elrey

by elrey » 28 Sep 2019 05:26

When he first arrived I posted about his managerial statistics.

He's on a win rate of 25.7%. That's worse than his last two teams at 31.3% and 26.3%. His previous one was 7.7% over 13 games, he had a spell at three clubs where he was between 42% and 56% but in tinpot leagues.

I'm not saying he should go just yet, but I don't think he's the man to take the club forward. It seems like one game he can do it, then next he'll get walked all over, and it's happened so many times.

Just before the hype began this season, I made a comment that it felt like Stam's second season. Constantly thinking that the change was just around the corner...... always, always just around that corner, and we're a Roman road.

RFC old time fan

by RFC old time fan » 28 Sep 2019 08:32

My understanding was that Gomes was a very good coach, and that he was here as a journeyman manager. It is going to take time for him to make the transition. I think the owners are looking at the longer term than some of the supporters. Of course we all know that good coaches do not necessarily manage the transition to being a good manager. It will take time. I hope that he can start to get results and keep the team up and go on from there.

806 posts