GOMES OUT!

806 posts
krapmle

Re: GOMES OUT!

by krapmle » 22 Sep 2019 09:30

WestYorksRoyal I feel like Gomes has better factors on his side than Clement had. The Gourlay era was a total clusterfuck of instability for this club with mediocre signings. It was a very difficult situation to manage in, and no new manager would have kept us up without the CEO change and January recruitment.

Gomes is operating under Howe with a squad where it looks like a lot more thought went into recruitment. This squad is better than last season's and it seems the atmosphere at the club is better. So it's reasonable to expect more from Gomes. But it's a new team. He clearly doesn't yet know his best 11 or best system. Give him another 6 weeks or so; remember that he didn't get a pre season with this team. Also don't be surprised by a freak good performance against one of the better teams; the talent is there.

Good post but tactically he is already starting to look way out of his depth. I also see some really good players but they appear confused on the pitch. They don't seem to have a proper plan and thats why the performances are so bad. That must come down on the shoulders of the manager.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 22 Sep 2019 09:31

Saddens me to read suggestions that Clement and Gomes are in any way similar! Yes, PPG wise at the moment, Gomes hasn’t really ‘improved’ the team.....but the evidence of my own eyes suggests otherwise. Last week at Boro, we played really well and it was a (mostly) enjoyable match. Every time I’ve seen us play under Gomes (I wasn’t there yesterday) it has been good to watch and we’ve looked dangerous. I can’t remember enjoying a single game under Clement. Even the wins I saw were utter dross. Sacking Gomes now would be a stupid idea. Yes the team needs to gel and quickly, but we can’t go through getting in yet another boss. The complete lack of stability is hurting us and has been for a while.....

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 09:44

Will teams underestimate us after a few bad results? It seems like in recent matches teams have done their homework on us and stifled our midfield. If a top team like Fulham or Swansea underestimates us and gives Ejaria and Swift time and space they could be in for a nasty surprise.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Sep 2019 11:52

People can throw all the stats in about Clement they want......but basically he was a fraud and bloody useless. Sh*t football, bad signings (Gourley or not he will have had input) and tactically inept. The man was a fraud. He didn't save us, it was the completely useless teams around us that kept us up. We would have gone down had he stayed.
He kept Swansea up...just....with someone else's team.....and when he had money at Swansea muster 4 points in the first 14 games....they went down.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2019 12:00

We're well aware you really rate him Ascot, no need to keep banging on about how much you love him.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 12:23

Mid Sussex Royal
WestRoyal
WoodleyRoyal Chris Hughton please

Great great shout

No - negative ponderous football. Got very lucky at Brighton.

Who he took to the Premier league and kept there for more than one season. Gomez is riding his luck in the championship which seems to be running out so there is no comparison

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 12:25

Rea Ding Sacking Gomes won’t help things atm, but I really don’t get the hype about the bloke. Had many defeats under him.

Where did there hype come from, there must of been something other than his first name?

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 12:26

WoodleyRoyal No other stand out candidate with a proven championship pedigree. Whether you like his tactics or not, we won’t be fighting a relegation battle with him at the helm.

Exactly

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2019 12:35

WestRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal
WestRoyal Great great shout

Who he took to the Premier league and kept there for more than one season. Gomez is riding his luck in the championship which seems to be running out so there is no comparison

Lol @ turning down Hughton.

Two promotions, two play off finishes and two PL survival seasons isn't it?

He shits all over the prior record of any appointee since Coppell.

He's too good for our omni-shambles, but I'd take him tomorrow.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 12:45

Snowflake Royal
WestRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal

Thanks for that breakdown, maybe mid sussex Royal will understand now. Negative foot my a**

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Sep 2019 12:50

Think there’s always been questions about Gomes tactically

Even last year there were quite a few grumbles. He looks an excellent man motivator and good at the squad harmony bit

I don’t think he is helping himself atm. Shut up about Villa and Norwich etc and realise we need to stabilise before looking any higher

Yesterday was almost as bad as anything under Clement tbh. Except the 4-0 Ipswich maybe.

It’s not time to change manager by a long stretch but he needs to up his game considerably

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Sep 2019 12:51

Kitsondinho Saddens me to read suggestions that Clement and Gomes are in any way similar! Yes, PPG wise at the moment, Gomes hasn’t really ‘improved’ the team.....but the evidence of my own eyes suggests otherwise. Last week at Boro, we played really well and it was a (mostly) enjoyable match. Every time I’ve seen us play under Gomes (I wasn’t there yesterday) it has been good to watch and we’ve looked dangerous. I can’t remember enjoying a single game under Clement. Even the wins I saw were utter dross. Sacking Gomes now would be a stupid idea. Yes the team needs to gel and quickly, but we can’t go through getting in yet another boss. The complete lack of stability is hurting us and has been for a while.....

Yeah I don’t want to see Gomes go. However yesterday was an utter disgrace. The team looked clueless disorganised and unfit. we played like it was a pre season friendly.

João is it not good enough. Attitude and application is very poor. Don’t care how much we paid for him drop him. Puskas needs to practice keeping the ball down.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Sep 2019 12:57

Hound Think there’s always been questions about Gomes tactically

Even last year there were quite a few grumbles. He looks an excellent man motivator and good at the squad harmony bit

I don’t think he is helping himself atm. Shut up about Villa and Norwich etc and realise we need to stabilise before looking any higher

Yesterday was almost as bad as anything under Clement tbh. Except the 4-0 Ipswich maybe.

It’s not time to change manager by a long stretch but he needs to up his game considerably

He may be a good man motivator with some players but I’m not sure if Gunter, McCleary, Kelly, McNulty, Bodvarsson, Baldock to a lesser extent would agree

Tactically he has no clue right now. Time and time again, we’ve conceded because of the space between the full back and the centre back. Still willing to give him time but the clocks going to be ticking for him right now, rightly or wrongly

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Sep 2019 12:59

Snowflake Royal
WestRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal

Speaking of which, who was that idiot on BBC Berks who said Gomes was the best appointment since Coppell? Were they forgetting the man who got us our second ever promotion to the Premier League. Nonsense opinion

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Sep 2019 13:00

Snowflake Royal We're well aware you really rate him Ascot, no need to keep banging on about how much you love him.

Sorry Snowflake....I just get wound up when people start suggesting Clement was "turning it around" of that he was "harshly treated" . He was a f*cking disaster.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Sep 2019 13:03

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal We're well aware you really rate him Ascot, no need to keep banging on about how much you love him.

Sorry Snowflake....I just get wound up when people start suggesting Clement was "turning it around" of that he was "harshly treated" . He was a f*cking disaster.

Stam’s last 8 games : 4 points
Clement’s first 8 games : 8 points

So he kept us up

It’s absolute nonsense to call him a disaster

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2019 13:15

Still say we need stability the constant rotating door at the managers office isn`t doing us any good.

However, since Gomes took over we`ve been trailing 9 times at HT and gone on to lose every single one of them. a shocking statistic that just needs to change.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2019 13:52

Gomes inherited shite and managed to sort things out, keep us up and turn things around.

He’s brought in brilliant players, has given us a taster of what he can achieve and is now simply a victim of his own success.

Unfortunately for him though he needs to live up to the hype he has provoked.

I for one went nuts and bet on us doing well this season and will accept nothing less than a comfortable top half finish and playoffs next season.

Anything less than that and he will have tough time convincing critics he should stay.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2019 14:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup Gomes inherited shite and managed to sort things out, keep us up and turn things around.

He’s brought in brilliant players, has given us a taster of what he can achieve and is now simply a victim of his own success.

Unfortunately for him though he needs to live up to the hype he has provoked.

I for one went nuts and bet on us doing well this season and will accept nothing less than a comfortable top half finish and playoffs next season.

Anything less than that and he will have tough time convincing critics he should stay.

You're in for a shit season mate

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Sep 2019 14:45

Mid Sussex Royal
WestRoyal
WoodleyRoyal Chris Hughton please

Great great shout

Parky for me, English, experienced, and now a free agent. He played and captained for the club, loves the club, loved by the fans , has lots of passion, drive and desire, a true legend and a winner. Please lets grab him whilst still available.

806 posts