New chant ideas

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KentRoyal

New chant ideas

by KentRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 10:18

Probably gonna get hate for this thread, but I feel that if we improve the atmosphere on match days, the performances will improve, it was like a library at times yesterday.
I feel that if we come up with new chants and get them going, that will help.
Feel free to use this thread to post your ideas.
Maybe one like this would help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtFEG_BulcU&app=desktop
Would also try to get one to this but would be a bit ambitious and I’m not imaginative in any way at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55KisxUTlk&app=desktop
But yh pls don’t give hate, just trying to help

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New chant ideas

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2019 10:37

I thought the atmosphere was better than the performance justified.

Good luck to you, but if the performance is insipid it doesn't matter what songs you come up with, they won't get sung.

I don't think generating chants on the internet works. You need someone willing to start them at a game, who has a loud voice, doesn't mind singing on their own, and has a few friends who'll back what they come up with.

If you're in C1871 and get anything started I'll certainly join in.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Sep 2019 12:14

Not necessarily about chants but stadium noise in general -

From an acoustic point of view, is it really best to put all the singers in a single area or scatter then throughout the stands? Y26 used to be quite lively but I suspect that they've all relocated to C1871. Up and around the half way line it is like a library with restrained clapping the most noise you'll hear. The ED is by nature quite quiet.

There appears to be a couple of sets of home drummers now though - C1871 and corner of ED.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if players take any notice of the crowd noise/atmosphere in a ground?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2019 12:38

morganb Not necessarily about chants but stadium noise in general -

From an acoustic point of view, is it really best to put all the singers in a single area or scatter then throughout the stands? Y26 used to be quite lively but I suspect that they've all relocated to C1871. Up and around the half way line it is like a library with restrained clapping the most noise you'll hear. The ED is by nature quite quiet.

There appears to be a couple of sets of home drummers now though - C1871 and corner of ED.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if players take any notice of the crowd noise/atmosphere in a ground?

The players and staff say they do.

The players certainly make an effort in acknowledging C1871 after games, probably more so than they did Y25/6 in the years I was there. Though not by a lot.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Sep 2019 14:55

It is noticeable that not many of the current crop of players have chants, however the ones we've recently let go/exciled do - Gunter, McCleary, Barrow, Bodvarsson.

Can only think of (We've got) Meite and (Johnny, Johnny, Johnny) Swift with songs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2019 18:04

morganb It is noticeable that not many of the current crop of players have chants, however the ones we've recently let go/exciled do - Gunter, McCleary, Barrow, Bodvarsson.

Can only think of (We've got) Meite and (Johnny, Johnny, Johnny) Swift with songs.

I've heard (not particularly imaginative songs) for most of our current regulars. Swift's got two.

Liam Moore my lord
Do do do do, Andy Yiadom
Puscas something to do with walking on sunshine, but I forget
One of our own, [insert academy graduate of choice]

etc

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 22 Sep 2019 19:03

Ik Ian said that starting chants online doesn’t do much, but I came up with one, as I can’t get to many games and wouldn’t have the bottle to start it anyway
If possible please can someone try starting at a game, possibly wolves

To the tune of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55KisxUTlk&app=desktop

Come on reading Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez
Come on reading Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez
We follow the reading
The mighty reading
We will never stop until we’re in the premier league
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Woooooooooah
Woooooooooah
Woooooooooah

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Sep 2019 19:38

i'm gonna stick with traditional motivational booing!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Sep 2019 10:31

I think it's quite clear that Club 1871 have had their five minutes of fame and are now causing yet more issues for the club as a whole. The root cause must be stopped at the source: which is them.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1