230 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by a Yann Kermorgant penalty

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2019 17:37

When : Tuesday, 1st October, 8pm
Where : Madejski Stadium, Reading, RG2 0FL
Capacity : 24,161

Fulham are 7th in the table though they have only won one of their last 5 in the league. However 3 of those were draws so obviously on a much better run than Reading. Fulham have scored in every league game bar their opener at Barnsley so going to be a very difficult time for the Reading defence having to watch the likes of Cairney, Knockaert and Mitrovic closely (not to mention Reid and Arter).

Reading will be buoyed a little by the late draw at high flying Swansea on Saturday but given the utter dross of failing to get a point off of the three previous rank average teams that may not be enough to turn the wretched home form around.

Blackett was injured at Swansea, Joao reportedly may have a problem with a leg injury, Obita came off with cramp, presumably, so may well be rested after a rush of games following nothing for two years.

Referee

Andy Woolmer

Previously

19 Jan 19 > Derby County 2-0 Reading
18 Oct 16 > Reading 1-2 Aston Villa
27 Aug 16 > Cardiff City 0-1 Reading
23 Aug 14 > Nottingham Forest 4-0 Reading
08 Apr 14 > Bournemouth 3-1 Reading
29 Oct 11 > Crystal Palace 0-0 Reading
12 Apr 11 > Scunthorpe United 0-2 Reading
15 Apr 10 > Reading 3-0 Coventry City
16 Sep 08 > Reading 6-0 Sheffield Wednesday
17 Sep 05 > Reading 1-0 Crewe Alexandra

Historically

21 previous visits from the west Londoners in the league. 10 wins for Reading and 6 for Fulham.

Reading have scored 25 to Fulham’s 22 but have only kept one clean sheet at home against them in the last 6 games though Reading are unbeaten in the last 5 - W2D3

How to follow the game

1. Get a ticket and travel to the Mad Stad
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use an iFollow subscription (by the way has anyone managed to get the actual game commentary working on an iPhone/android as yet)
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)
  6. Red button

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by a Yann Kermorgant penalty

by Zip » 28 Sep 2019 18:03

We are at home. We need to scrap for points. A fast start please.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Sep 2019 18:07

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
Richards

Pele
Rino

Meite
Swift
Barrett

Baldock

Walker, Obita, Miazga, Ejaria, Boye, Olise, Puscas

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 28 Sep 2019 18:12

thanks

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Sep 2019 18:14

URZZZZ Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
Richards

Pele
Rino

Meite
Swift
Barrett

Baldock

Blimey. I would go with your back four although would prefer Miazga in there. Has Pele done enough to be starting? We have always disagreed about Meite. I seem as a traditional 9 and would play him up front. Perhaps Baldock deserves a chance but can’t see it happening. So I would play Ejaria. Agree Barrett deserves a chance, Also agree Puscas should be benched but with a view to bring on during the second half.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Sep 2019 18:19

Zip
URZZZZ Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
Richards

Pele
Rino

Meite
Swift
Barrett

Baldock

Blimey. I would go with your back four. Has Pele done enough to be starting? We have always disagreed about Meite. I seem as a traditional 9 and would play him up front. Perhaps Baldock deserves a chance but can’t see it happening. So I would play Ejaria. Agree Barrett deserves a chance, Also agree Puscas should be benched but with a view to bring on during the second half.

I always like two holding midfielders and we’ve only really got Pele or Adam (obviously Pele is better). Saying that, Swift did do well as one of the holding players but I’d rather play him further forward where he’s more effective

Baldock must be tearing his hair out. In the last six league games, zero have been scored by a striker. I did want Gomes to settle on a front two but Joao and Puscas have been so poor that I’ve reconsidered. He surely can’t be far away from another chance

Already explained why I wouldn’t choose Ejaria. Possibly as the CAM but Swift is simply Better than him

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Sep 2019 19:03

Do we call an end to the 3 at the back experiment now or wait it out hoping we click soon?

Me? I'm out. 4-3-3 again.

--------------------Rafael
Yiadom--Miazga---Moore--Richards
-----------------Rinomhota
---------------Ejaria---Swift
---------Meite--Puscas---Joao

Genuinely believe we need 3 strikers on the pitch if we are ever planning on outscoring an opponent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2019 19:14

NewCorkSeth Do we call an end to the 3 at the back experiment now or wait it out hoping we click soon?

Genuinely believe we need 3 strikers on the pitch if we are ever planning on outscoring an opponent.

Yeah this. Baldock on the bench though. Really think José is missing a trick leaving him out altogether, he offers something different

Moore doesn’t really deserve his place atm but a big call to drop him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Sep 2019 19:17

Moore was good today because his role wasn’t to be a ball carrier, it was first and foremost to defend and not mess around with the ball. Play a player to their strength and they’ll play well. Not rocket science

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2019 19:21

Fair enough, that’s good to hear

Solely on the basis of the highlights didn’t seem Swansea created much so we must have defended pretty well

Still need Miazga to look after Mitrovic

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Sep 2019 19:34

Hound
NewCorkSeth Do we call an end to the 3 at the back experiment now or wait it out hoping we click soon?

Yeah this. Baldock on the bench though. Really think José is missing a trick leaving him out altogether, he offers something different

Moore doesn’t really deserve his place atm but a big call to drop him

Moore was much better today (still not great) but as soon as we switched to a 4-2-3-1 he was back to his old self.

Maybe on the Baldock shout. Maybe. Still would prefer to see us play Loader.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2019 19:50

Not keen on going back to Baldock, but do think we're lacking an experienced striker to play alongside and be in the ear of Meite / Puscas / Joao / Loader / Boye etc.

Don't hate three at the back, but do hate starting our full / wing backs so high and think we'd benefit from wide forwards in a front three.

Also think Ejaria and Swift in a three man midfield (heaven forbid 2 man) is just a bit too intricate and soft.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Sep 2019 21:03

Cairney, Knockaert, Cavaleiro and Mitrovic. Without doubt the most dangerous team we have faced so far (along with West Brom). A goal threat from all areas.

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 28 Sep 2019 22:09

royalp-we Cairney, Knockaert, Cavaleiro and Mitrovic. Without doubt the most dangerous team we have faced so far (along with West Brom). A goal threat from all areas.

Not saying you're not right but three of them started against Barnsley, and Knockaert came on at 65min... so although I know it's 100% flawed logic to say "Well, if Barnsley can..." I think we have as good a chance as any other team against Fulham. Particularly at home.... maybe...?

Please don't take my straw away

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2019 23:06

One other miserable statistic that Reading will hoping to change is no league goals scored by the strikers since the 40th minute at home to Cardiff.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Sep 2019 00:41

Snowflake Royal Not keen on going back to Baldock, but do think we're lacking an experienced striker to play alongside and be in the ear of Meite / Puscas / Joao / Loader / Boye etc.

Don't hate three at the back, but do hate starting our full / wing backs so high and think we'd benefit from wide forwards in a front three.

Also think Ejaria and Swift in a three man midfield (heaven forbid 2 man) is just a bit too intricate and soft.

Yes the wing backs starting so high up leaves a huge gap to exploit behind them. I would prefer we reverted to a flat back four. However we don’t really have any out and out wingers anymore and that’s a big problem.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Sep 2019 12:36

Pele and Rinomhota in central midfield Swift supporting Puscas

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Sep 2019 14:25

Fulham upper mid table, 4 from 9, decent side but under achieving at the minute, don`t see why we should worry if the good Reading turn up, big IF though.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Sep 2019 14:56

In nine games so far this season, we’ve only scored in the first half in one game (in 2 games if you include the three cup games too)

It’s a really poor record and often means we’re chasing games

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Sep 2019 14:58

READEMPTION

230 posts