MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by a Yann Kermorgant penalty

230 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by a Yann Kermorgant penalty

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 12:10

definitely would need pick McIntyre either. Admittedly not seen a lot of him, but he was rinsed by Gallagher, which wouldn't give me any confidence he could cope with Fulhams front line
Last edited by Hound on 01 Oct 2019 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 12:10

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Would go:

Rafael

Yiadom
Miazga
McIntyre
Obita

Rinhomota
Pele
Swift

Boye
Puscas
Ejaria

Would rather dip my balls in a deep fat frier than see Boye start.

He will come good, dropping him won't help that happen anytime soon. He needs games and to grow in confidence.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 12:11

Hound definitely would need pick McIntyre either

Liam Moore has been the worst of our CB's this season. He deserves to be dropped.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Oct 2019 12:15

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Would go:

Rafael

Yiadom
Miazga
McIntyre
Obita

Rinhomota
Pele
Swift

Boye
Puscas
Ejaria

Would rather dip my balls in a deep fat frier than see Boye start.

He will come good, dropping him won't help that happen anytime soon. He needs games and to grow in confidence.

My balls would heal eventually too, doesnt mean I should play with them in the meantime.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 12:18

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Would rather dip my balls in a deep fat frier than see Boye start.

My balls would heal eventually too, doesnt mean I should play with them in the meantime.

I am not entirely convinced you have seen him play.

He is a decent player who has played about 8 games in English football, he has a lot to offer.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 12:23

Old Man Andrews

Liam Moore has been the worst of our CB's this season. He deserves to be dropped.

Most disappointing based off expectations? Possibly
Worst? Nah

McIntyre isn't ready yet. Don't think he's too far off but certainly shouldn't be starting today in the form we're in. Moore has had plenty of good games this season so far. McIntyre has been OK at best, with a couple of shockers including Blackburn

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 12:26

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

Worst? Nah
Moore has had plenty of good games this season so far.

When were these please?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 12:28

I'm guessing Moore must have done alright on Saturday being as Swansea barely had a chance. WBA he was good. Cardiff also.

He seems more comfortable in a 4 tbh

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 12:31

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Liam Moore has been the worst of our CB's this season. He deserves to be dropped.

Worst? Nah

When were these please?

Cardiff
West Brom - he was immense
Huddersfield
Swansea

Four solid performances from him. It'll become very boring very quickly if he's made the new scapegoat. Now that Swift's getting goals and assists and Gunter's not playing, a new scapegoat is obviously needed :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 12:32

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Worst? Nah

When were these please?

Cardiff
Huddersfield
Swansea

Four solid performances from him. It'll become very boring very quickly if he's made the new scapegoat. Now that Swift's getting goals and assists and Gunter's not playing, a new scapegoat is obviously needed :roll:

No he just hasn't been very good. Just because he is Liam Moore it doesn't mean he is immune from criticsm, some supporters need to grow up.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 12:37

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
When were these please?

Cardiff
Huddersfield
Swansea

No he just hasn't been very good. Just because he is Liam Moore it doesn't mean he is immune from criticsm, some supporters need to grow up.

He's had good games. He's had poor games. I expect consistency from him, especially as captain. Unfortunately, most people are too stubborn to admit when he plays well because they don't want to "break" their mindset. You might get a "OK" at best when he plays well

Naturally he has flaws, he makes rash and incorrect decisions when defending. He's so slow and indecisive on the ball. But to say he's had a poor season and yet want to choose McIntyre over him is nonsense and unfortunately a results of people's bias

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 12:39

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Cardiff
Huddersfield
Swansea

He's had good games. He's had poor games. I expect consistency from him, especially as captain. Unfortunately, most people are too stubborn to admit when he plays well because they don't want to "break" their mindset. You might get a "OK" at best when he plays well

Naturally he has flaws, he makes rash and incorrect decisions when defending. He's so slow and indecisive on the ball. But to say he's had a poor season and yet want to choose McIntyre over him is nonsense and unfortunately a results of people's bias

McIntyre is the future and needs games. We aren't going to go up this season and we won't go down either, it is the perfect time to play him.

Liam Moore will be begging for a move away again in January when he sees we have no chance of promotion no doubt. Lets see how much you love him then.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 12:45

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews No he just hasn't been very good. Just because he is Liam Moore it doesn't mean he is immune from criticsm, some supporters need to grow up.

McIntyre is the future and needs games. We aren't going to go up this season and we won't go down either, it is the perfect time to play him.

Liam Moore will be begging for a move away again in January when he sees we have no chance of promotion no doubt. Lets see how much you love him then.

Right now, I couldn't care less about the future. Wins are needed now. And if we get to a comfortable mid table area around Febuary/March time, then I agree. But in a run of 1 point from 4 games, it's not the time to babysit the youth

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2019 12:58

NewCorkSeth
2 world wars, 1 world cup 3 at the back.
Joao and Puscas up front.

Don't find a winning formula and bloody change it because it doesn't always demolish teams, especially when not playing best two strikers up front.

I'm obviously more of a panicker than you. In my head I know it makes sense to stick with the formation, give it time to gel. But our link up play and finishing worries me. And our defending is atrocious.

My problem with sticking with that side is that:

A) Moore's been awful at RCB
B) Joao's attitude and work rate stinks.

Both have deserved dropping. Injuries and the captaincy has saved Moore. Gomes' inability to give any of his 'back up' players an extended chance has saved Joao even though he's been dropped a time or two.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 13:36

Hopefully Moore will switch back to LCB. Miazga RCB. And if we play 3, Morrison in the centre. Agree Moore has looked terribly uncomfortable in that RCB position

Do think with Joao its a bit of a perception at times. He looks like he is half arsed. I'm not sure its always the case

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Oct 2019 13:40

Of course Fulham will look at Swift and try and nullify his influence on the game. I would think every manager in the league will see that as prioty number 1 when facing Reading atm.
Dare i say it, the way Mitrovic plays suits Moores defensive style. Think he would relish the physical side to his game.
I would stick with 5 at the back,

Rafael

Yiadom
Miazga
Moore
Morrison
Obita

Rinhomota OR Pele

Swift
Ejaria
Meite

Puscas

Ballsy line up, fortune favours the brave.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 13:46

Ballsy? Isn't it basically the same as we have been playing for the past month?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Oct 2019 13:52

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
2 world wars, 1 world cup 3 at the back.
Joao and Puscas up front.

Don't find a winning formula and bloody change it because it doesn't always demolish teams, especially when not playing best two strikers up front.

I'm obviously more of a panicker than you. In my head I know it makes sense to stick with the formation, give it time to gel. But our link up play and finishing worries me. And our defending is atrocious.

My problem with sticking with that side is that:

A) Moore's been awful at RCB
B) Joao's attitude and work rate stinks.

Both have deserved dropping. Injuries and the captaincy has saved Moore. Gomes' inability to give any of his 'back up' players an extended chance has saved Joao even though he's been dropped a time or two.

I may be completely wrong on Joao but I dont think his performances (often poor) have been entirely his fault. I think hes not being used correctly. One of his most impressive attributes is his hold up play but he is being asked to do too much to thrive at that.

I'm delighted we finally have someone who can play with his back to goal. Its essential in bring the best out of Swift and Ejaria, however he cannot do that if he is also being asked to track back into the space between the oppositions midfield and defence. He needs to play higher up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 13:54

agree and goes back again to the fact I think both Joao and Puscas are strikers who would thrive of wing play and crosses. And we don't really do that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2019 14:10

Wednesday pal is adamant Joao is just not at all the kind to lead the line and hold the ball up.

And tbh I don't really see him as a big strong physical player who is good back to goal.

If he is going to play like that, he can't throw his arms in the air and shake his head every time someone loses the ball or doesn't pass to him or takes a shot and doesn't score.

It's a good job I'm not manager, because the head down, shaking, complaining arms up in the air stuff would result in an instant substitution from me. Stop sulking, get stuck in.

230 posts