BFTG Swansea Away

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Swansea Away

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Sep 2019 12:27

windermereROYAL Was quite a decent day really, 7 coaches, not bad, they are parked up in a secure fenced off zone, the away turnstiles are in the same pen. when I was leaving there was a young Swansea fan pushing his hands through the bars wanting to shake hands with has many of us as he could as we filed out of the ground.
The game as a spectacle really wasn`t much, its easy to see why Swansea don't let in many goals, they are all over you like a rash all over the pitch , but going forward-well yesterday anyway- they posed a minimal threat at best. stats say they had 4 on target, apart from the goal I`m struggling to remember when Rafael was seriously tested.
I see Cooper is moaning as to why Lucas Boye didn`t get a second yellow at the end of the first half for dragging back Ashley Grimes when he was breaking down the wing, the ref did us a favour there, I think we dodged a bullet, maybe the fact it was not in our half saved him.
Puscas is getting stick all over social media this morning, yes he missing apparent easy chances, yesterday the ball was ever so slightly behind him and he had to dig it out hence no control, his hold up play wasn`t great but good strikers are more effective facing the goal not with their back to it, I remember Trevor Senior wasn`t greal in the outfield but dynamite in front of goal,
Patience and time are needed, not 2 words alot of Reading fans adhere to.

Great summary regarding yesterday's game.

Whilst recent form has been a concern, this week the team has shown great character and we've came from behind in 2 very difficult away games to get draws late on. Feels a bit like watching the old Reading where we often snatched points from losing positions. Under Clement or Stam we'd have lost both of those games.

We've got a very challenging game on Tuesday, win that and we can have a solid season. Lose it and the draw yesterday will count for nothing.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 29 Sep 2019 12:37

Royal_jimmy We've got a very challenging game on Tuesday, win that and we can have a solid season. Lose it and the draw yesterday will count for nothing.

Yesterdays draw will still count as one point, HTH

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Sep 2019 22:50

Will keep it short. [EDIT: clearly I didn't, sorry]

My "we're a very good side" was ringing in my ears and I feel totally vindicated when we got an equaliser that was deserved.

Just listen to ourselves above: we go AWAY to the second in the league team. Normally we'd be expecting a 3-0 defeat yet here we are throwing our toys out the pram for a solidly battled away draw against one of the best teams in the league.

This is how far we've come. That we are demanding such great things.

Why? Because we know we are a very good side that just needs that polish.

Puscas.. was he shite or was he just not the world class striker he has shown himself to be. Joao also. Ejaria also. Etc etc.

These players were shut down massively.

Arguably the best team in the league couldn't hold a 1-0 lead AT HOME against these boys, who by all accounts were having an off day.

That said, I still don't get why Obita can just waltz into this team ahead of Richards who for me has been one of the season's revelations. And Blackett just let the guy have a cross in for some reason.

Come on, admit it. We're only upset because we know this is a good team.

Gomes... Sort it out. Don't dick around. Put puscas and João up front close together, put Richards back in where he belongs. Have a good plan B with wingers when needed. Get it right because I still say we have a very good team.

Great away draw.

URZZZZZZ!!!!!
Last edited by Millsy on 30 Sep 2019 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Sep 2019 23:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup Will keep it short.

My "we're a very good side" was ringing in my ears and I feel totally vindicated when we got an equaliser that was deserved.

Just listen to ourselves above: we go AWAY to the second in the league team. Normally we'd be expecting a 3-0 defeat yet here we are throwing our toys out the pram for a solidly battled away draw against one of the best teams in the league.

This is how far we've come. That we are demanding such great things.

Why? Because we know we are a very good side that just needs that polish.

Puscas.. was he shite or was he just not the world class striker he has shown himself to be. Joao also. Ejaria also. Etc etc.

These players were shut down massively.

Arguably the best team in the league couldn't hold a 1-0 lead AT HOME against these boys, who by all accounts were having an off day.

That said, I still don't get why Obita can just waltz into this team ahead of Richards who for me has been one of the season's revelations. And Blackett just let the guy have a cross in for some reason.

Come on, admit it. We're only upset because we know this is a good team.

Gomes... Sort it out. Don't dick around. Put puscas and João up front close together, put Richards back in where he belongs. Have a good plan B with wingers when needed. Get it right because I still say we have a very good team.

Great away draw.

URZZZZZZ!!!!!

I should be careful with that kind of talk on here, you are likely to get banned. :D

BTW, agree 100%

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Sep 2019 03:33

Puscas "world class". Clubs like Inter Milan don't let world class strikers go*. Especially to clubs like Reading.

*Unless their wife is a pain that is

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Sep 2019 07:44

Imagine if Inter Milan let a world class player go for £8m. That's unthinkable. Would never happen in a million Coutinhos. I mean, years.

(I don't think there's any serious suggestions that Puscas is world class)

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Sep 2019 08:40

The essential point of 2WW1WC is pretty much bang on.

We've got good players and they are capable of very solid results. We also have achilles heels up to our collective necks, not the least the inability to start a game running.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Sep 2019 08:42

stealthpapes We also have achilles heels up to our collective necks.

We clearly have very strange bodies.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Sep 2019 08:43

SCIAG Imagine if Inter Milan let a world class player go for £8m. That's unthinkable. Would never happen in a million Coutinhos. I mean, years.

(I don't think there's any serious suggestions that Puscas is world class)

Coutinho flopped at Inter which is why Liverpool were able to get him so cheaply.

You have to say well done to Liverpool because he certainly wasn't as good when he joined them as he was when he left.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Sep 2019 09:24

SCIAG
stealthpapes We also have achilles heels up to our collective necks.

We clearly have very strange bodies.

true dat

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Sep 2019 10:11

Is Boye total pony? Would we be better off playing Garath McCleary?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Sep 2019 10:28

John Smith Is Boye total pony? Would we be better off playing Garath McCleary?

Boye 1 goal in 5 starts.

McCleary 0 goals in 3 years,

Hope that helps.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Sep 2019 15:32

Imo? Yes. Boye is a show pony. In a side that controls the pitch he would be great but he is nowhere near good enough to play regularly in a struggling team at this level.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 30 Sep 2019 16:23

NewCorkSeth

Imo? Yes. Boye is a show pony. In a side that controls the pitch he would be great but he is nowhere near good enough to play regularly in a struggling team at this level.

He looks to be more of a winger than a striker to me - we’ve yet to play him there I believe?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Sep 2019 16:27

Boye has ability, but will need to be more disciplined, be a team player, play under control. (Beat 2 men, at most, but then get his head up and pass/create, etc.). Has some defensive traits too. Hope he evolves, and should maybe be an impact sub til then. At 23 he's still a young player, adjusting to Champ, and country, had no preseason, etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Sep 2019 18:25

windermereROYAL

Boye 1 goal in 5 starts.

McCleary 0 goals in 3 years,

Hope that helps.

Boye, 0 assists in 346 minutes
McCleary, 3 assists in 1526 minutes last season.

Boye's goal was in the cup as well.

Easy this, isn't it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Sep 2019 18:43

Notts Royal
NewCorkSeth

He looks to be more of a winger than a striker to me - we’ve yet to play him there I believe?

First game for us he played in Barrows position. He was poor.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Sep 2019 18:45

Denver Royal Boye has ability, but will need to be more disciplined, be a team player, play under control. (Beat 2 men, at most, but then get his head up and pass/create, etc.). Has some defensive traits too. Hope he evolves, and should maybe be an impact sub til then. At 23 he's still a young player, adjusting to Champ, and country, had no preseason, etc.

The "head up" part is particularly apt. He doesnt seem to look around/be aware of his surroundings. Which is massive for us as when we attack 6 players go forward. We cant keep losing the ball so easily.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Sep 2019 18:54

NewCorkSeth
Denver Royal Boye has ability, but will need to be more disciplined, be a team player, play under control. (Beat 2 men, at most, but then get his head up and pass/create, etc.). Has some defensive traits too. Hope he evolves, and should maybe be an impact sub til then. At 23 he's still a young player, adjusting to Champ, and country, had no preseason, etc.

The "head up" part is particularly apt. He doesnt seem to look around/be aware of his surroundings. Which is massive for us as when we attack 6 players go forward. We cant keep losing the ball so easily.

That's not true. In the first half vs Swansea, we had no options going forward. Boye would often be surrounded by three or four men. Granted, his touch was off numerous times but there was a real lack of support in the first half for the front two. It did slightly improve after Blackett went off injured but then Boye improved as the half went on anyway when we started committing players forward

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Sep 2019 18:55

NewCorkSeth

I think so too. Boye, Virginia and Adam are poor signings. We have very few authentic wingers now,