MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by hopeless causes

270 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a) sponsored by hopeless causes

by sandman » 05 Oct 2019 19:34

Snowflake Royal
Simon's Church Puscas and Pele look like league 2 players at the moment.

Early in the first half yiadom was screaming something at puscas for about 30 seconds and he just stood with his hands on his hips laughing. Im not sure he's interested

I'd laugh if I was a pro and Yiadom started telling me how to play football tbf.

Well this week has given is one thing.

We've found Ian's escapegoat. Just so happens to be our best player.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 05 Oct 2019 21:23

Zip

Early in the first half yiadom was screaming something at puscas for about 30 seconds and he just stood with his hands on his hips laughing. Im not sure he's interested

The amount of hype surrounding Puscas has been ridiculous. Technically he is of lower division standard. His ball control is dreadful. His finishing is poor as he seems to want to blast the ball into the back of the net.
He is dreadful in the air constantly mistiming his jumps or making a token effort at winning a header.

Maybe his head has been turned by the supposed interest from abroad.

He looks every bit the average serie b striker his record suggested when he was signed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2019 21:25

Simon's Church
Zip

The amount of hype surrounding Puscas has been ridiculous. Technically he is of lower division standard. His ball control is dreadful. His finishing is poor as he seems to want to blast the ball into the back of the net.
He is dreadful in the air constantly mistiming his jumps or making a token effort at winning a header.

He looks every bit the average serie b striker his record suggested when he was signed.

Yep.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2019 21:57

sandman
Snowflake Royal

I'd laugh if I was a pro and Yiadom started telling me how to play football tbf.

Well this week has given is one thing.

We've found Ian's escapegoat. Just so happens to be our best player.

His obsession is a bit alarming.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2019 22:13

Zip
Simon's Church
Zip

Yep.

But not the Romanian international who has scored 5 international goals, team of the tournament at Euro U21 and only a couple of weeks ago gave Ramos and co a tough game in a qualifier against Spain?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2019 22:15

Hound
Zip
Simon's Church

Yep.

But not the Romanian international who has scored 5 international goals, team of the tournament at Euro U21 and only a couple of weeks ago gave Ramos and co a tough game in a qualifier against Spain?

I can only go on his performances for us where he has been poor.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2019 22:16

Hound
Zip
Simon's Church

Yep.

Well quite. Something doesn’t add up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2019 23:35

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

Yiadom will always be Yiadom. He was massively overrated last season and now people are starting to notice his deficiencies. Whilst he is better than Gunter, the difference between them isn’t too large

They're like polar opposites. One thinks he's a winger and doesn't bother with defending (in fairness I think this is instruction from Gomes) the other is terrified of doing anything positive.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Oct 2019 08:56

leon
Hound
Zip
Yep.

Well quite. Something doesn’t add up.

New country, new club, struggling team. Maybe he just feels more comfortable and confident in a Romania shirt. He wouldn't be the only player to be like that. The France Pogba is 10 times as good as the Man Utd Pogba. And we had it before with HRK who consistently looked PL quality for Wales while being a lazy, selfish pack of shit for us. What a twat he was, players like him are the very embodiment of why supporting this club has been so miserable for the past 5 years or so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2019 09:07

Maybe. Well he has two internationals this coming week against San Marino and Norway, so would be expecting a couple of goals there - hopefully that will help

Also helps they actually play to his strengths

Just don’t think Gomes knows how to work with strikers. Loader has been rubbish under him (2 best games were under Clement at Wigan and Leeds?), Joao, Puscas, Boye - all talented players who have been misused. Oliveira had a couple of good games, but obvs difficult to judge due to injury

Meite and Barrow (and to an extent McCleary) worked for him quite well on the break last year, so he ditches two, benches the other and reverts our playing style from the counter attack that worked with them

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2019 11:03

Ascotexgunner Wonder if he has the balls to swallow his pride and play Baldock up front or put him on the bench. He can't do much worse and would have quite a point to prove.

Gunter, McCleary, Baldock...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2019 11:05

Zip
Hound
Zip
Yep.

Yeah he was DIRE against Cardiff

He is a good player being messed about by service, now losing confidence
and trying too hard.

Vydra etc, bad seasons with us, brilliant when they leave

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2019 11:07

Hound Maybe. Well he has two internationals this coming week against San Marino and Norway, so would be expecting a couple of goals there - hopefully that will help

Just don’t think Gomes knows how to work with strikers. Loader has been rubbish under him (2 best games were under Clement at Wigan and Leeds?), Joao, Puscas, Boye - all talented players who have been misused. Oliveira had a couple of good games, but obvs difficult to judge due to injury

Meite and Barrow (and to an extent McCleary) worked for him quite well on the break last year, so he ditches two, benches the other and reverts our playing style from the counter attack that worked with them

Get the overall gist but you can't seriously say Loader was better in an anonymous 20 minute sub appearance than at Boro where he scored a cracker and looked much improved under Gomes?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Oct 2019 11:13

Snowball
Zip
Hound

Yeah he was DIRE against Cardiff

He is a good player being messed about by service, now losing confidence
and trying too hard.

Vydra etc, bad seasons with us, brilliant when they leave

An impressive half an hour against Cardiff does not outweigh numerous very poor performances since.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2019 11:19

It's not just Cardiff. it's his international games, the clear potential we saw early,
the fact that big clubs were sniffing round him.

IMO he's a very good player but our system is shambolic

I think alongside a big target hard-working number 9 he would be
a twenty-goal a season player at least.

But we will probably ruin him, and he'll get the goals for someone else.

I know he's missed a few, and the one v Bristol (I've not seen yet)
was apparently a sitter, but most of his other misses have not been sitters

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2019 11:19

URZZZZ
Hound Maybe. Well he has two internationals this coming week against San Marino and Norway, so would be expecting a couple of goals there - hopefully that will help

Get the overall gist but you can't seriously say Loader was better in an anonymous 20 minute sub appearance than at Boro where he scored a cracker and looked much improved under Gomes?

One good goal. Was his performance really anything other than that goal?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2019 11:21

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

One good goal. Was his performance really anything other than that goal?

It was improved to prior performances, put it that way. Ignoring all the hype, he's still very young so for someone of his age, it was a good performance

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2019 11:23

Snowball It's not just Cardiff. it's his international games, the clear potential we saw early,

Hull - sitter
Cardiff - sitter
Charlton - very good chance
Boro - good chance
Swansea - sitter
Bristol - sitter

That's six more goals he should have had that any competent striker (cough cough Baldock) would most likely have finished

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2019 11:24

Snowball It's not just Cardiff. it's his international games, the clear potential we saw early,

It wasn't a sitter.

Ejaria hit a ball that dribbled lazily across in front of the defence, never looked like reaching Puscas in a million years, defender got a shit half touch that bobbled it and it came across him hitting his striding leg as he ran without him knowing much about it and already beyond the line of the far post.

The one last week was way more of a sitter and that was a half behind him snatched chance from a loose ball.

Puscas does need to stop going for power from daft angles though. He's blasted a couple high and wide when a cross, pull back or more placed effort would have been much better.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2019 12:02

URZZZZ

Was just throwing it out there, hence the question mark.

Tbh the only time I’ve genuinely seen Loader play well in the first 11 was Leeds

270 posts