Ian Royal
8%

Total votes: 202
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Manager

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Oct 2019 14:23

Stranded
Snowflake Royal If it tells one thing, it's how unattractive we are to good experienced managers.

Or that following the shoddy process of hiring Gomes, the club decided to get some form of succession planning in place so brought Bowen in as a consultant initially to see how he works - they liked what they saw so created a new role for him to have more of a say in transfer dealings and all football related issues beyond those on the training ground.

Once it became clear to them that Gomes wasn't going to work out they had a successor ready to go, who knew the club at all levels - remember he will have had oversight of the Academy as well. So that once the players return from international duty the new manager is in place.

So the one thing that most are complaining about could well be something the club can be congratulated for as they saw a potential issue and resolved it.

I'd love you to be right. Thanks for the cheer up.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Oct 2019 14:24

I wonder who the new sporting director is going to be then, hopefully Chris hughton

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Oct 2019 14:25

The Enfield Royal71 I confrim OMA knows the same people (maybe) as me. PTR does aswell.

Leave me out of your quote.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Oct 2019 14:26

RoyalBlue If Bowen is appointed it's a complete and utter effing joke. The guy has been a serial failure as Assistant Manager to his mate Mark Hughes. Furthermore, as Sporting Director IMO he's every bit as much to blame for the poor start to the season as Gomes and his coaching team. He then compounds that by getting Gomes sacked and taking his job!

Despite having season tickets, if this happens, I think I'll save the time and expense of travelling to the Mad Stad and start supporting my local non league team instead.

Oh Christ, it’s not Windsor is it? :o

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Oct 2019 14:27

Royal Rother
RoyalBlue If Bowen is appointed it's a complete and utter effing joke. The guy has been a serial failure as Assistant Manager to his mate Mark Hughes. Furthermore, as Sporting Director IMO he's every bit as much to blame for the poor start to the season as Gomes and his coaching team. He then compounds that by getting Gomes sacked and taking his job!

Despite having season tickets, if this happens, I think I'll save the time and expense of travelling to the Mad Stad and start supporting my local non league team instead.

Oh Christ, it’s not Windsor is it? :o

He's all yours.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Oct 2019 14:27

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal If it tells one thing, it's how unattractive we are to good experienced managers.

Or that following the shoddy process of hiring Gomes, the club decided to get some form of succession planning in place so brought Bowen in as a consultant initially to see how he works - they liked what they saw so created a new role for him to have more of a say in transfer dealings and all football related issues beyond those on the training ground.

Once it became clear to them that Gomes wasn't going to work out they had a successor ready to go, who knew the club at all levels - remember he will have had oversight of the Academy as well. So that once the players return from international duty the new manager is in place.

So the one thing that most are complaining about could well be something the club can be congratulated for as they saw a potential issue and resolved it.

The above makes a lot more sense than man is a snake who magically got himself into a position at the club to fire the popular but failing manager just so he can take his job narrative that seems to have bedded in.

Unless you believe that Bowen went out and hired shoddy players this summer to undermine Gomes and then helped them to underperform to an extent that the manager could be fired after roughly the same number of games he usually gets fired (or leaves) after.
Last edited by Stranded on 14 Oct 2019 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Oct 2019 14:28

paultheroyal
The Enfield Royal71 I confrim OMA knows the same people (maybe) as me. PTR does aswell.

Think me and you know the same person, Paul. Only wish they would have told me Bowen was a dead cert when he was 25/1! :D

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Oct 2019 14:28

paultheroyal

I can't now you have quoted me.

I do not get some of the comments on here and social media crying about Bowen. Just goes to show we have possibly the worst bunch of fans on the internet.

Bowen is clearly experienced and knows what he is doing based on his resume. He is more successful then Gomes.

Gomes is a failure and the worst RFC manager I can remember in my 25 years of watching. Granted this team is utterly abysmal but he clearly was out of his depth.

scumbag

by scumbag » 14 Oct 2019 14:28

Twitter virgins losing their collective minds as if we announced Adolf Hitler as manager.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Oct 2019 14:28

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal

Think me and you know the same person, Paul. Only wish they would have told me Bowen was a dead cert when he was 25/1! :D

Yeah, this news was never on my radar.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Oct 2019 14:29

Yeah, you and OMA definitely know each other.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 14 Oct 2019 14:31

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews As confirmed by me 4 hours before the news became official........

Congratulations. You saw it on Twitter and claimed it as your own news

No I know people at the club. Just like I broke the news about the Gomes sacking before it happened. Get a clue.

Wow Old Man Andrews, you're so hard.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Oct 2019 14:32

scumbag Twitter virgins losing their collective minds as if we announced Adolf Hitler as manager.

Agreed, utter embarrassment. Having a scroll now I see....

"protest march"
"booing on announcing his name"
"turning their backs upon his entrance"
"off to support a non league team"
"hope we get relegated"
"club deserve failure, love to witness it"

and on it goes...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Oct 2019 14:32

scumbag Twitter virgins losing their collective minds as if we announced Adolf Hitler as manager.

Let me guess.

Mafff?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 14 Oct 2019 14:34

paultheroyal Not the inspired choice I wanted particularly as there were some stand out candidates we could of got, in and out of employment at the moment.

He has immediately put himself under pressure and will be interesting to see how the players adapt to his style and whether we all get a reaction.

But, its a decision made, I for one will not be following the utter buffoons on twitter and on here who talk of booing the appointment. Just how idiotic you will all be if, if he gets them playing and we climb the table.

His name will be announced, I will get off my seat, applaud, and cheer on the team to 3 points. For those who don't, or stay away, of course you are entitled to do so, but I would suggest you have a long hard look at yourself.

URZ.

Well said.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Oct 2019 14:36

The Enfield Royal71

Let me guess.

Mafff?

Is he related to that LORD CKS - good grief - I actually feel sorry for the bloke.... (well I don't, but have a word mate seriously)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Oct 2019 14:37

paultheroyal
The Enfield Royal71

Let me guess.

Mafff?

Is he related to that LORD CKS - good grief - I actually feel sorry for the bloke.... (well I don't, but have a word mate seriously)

No idea.

I was on twitter a while ago, not now. Lord CKS blocked me because I called him a c0ck. He was tweeting some absolute pansy wet-wipe bollocks and trolling. I think it was pretty offensive stuff from what I recall.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 14 Oct 2019 14:38

paultheroyal
The Enfield Royal71

Let me guess.

Mafff?

Lord CKS is the biggest Belmont on Twitter. Now that takes some going...

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Oct 2019 14:38

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

I like the narrative, but the gap is around who judged him to be a good appointment. Who at "the Club" did he impress? Howe is a businessman, as are Joorabchian and the Dai's. We had somebody from a footballing background to assess candidates and it was Bowen, but he can't objectively assess himself.

Hammond was involved in the Pardew and McDermott decisions; you need a footballing brain in there.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 14 Oct 2019 14:49

"Bowen is clearly experienced and knows what he is doing based on his resume. He is more successful then Gomes. "

A 55 year old who has held down not a single managerial position? And who was director of football from August onwards?

Whether Bowen succeeds, only time will tell, but be under no illusions, this is a high risk appointment

606 posts