Congratulations, you are the new Reading manager

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Congratulations, you are the new Reading manager

by morganb » 10 Oct 2019 17:17

As Reading still haven't announced a new manager here is your opportunity to pitch for the job.

What formation would you play (a different one for home and away matches perhaps)?

Which players would you drop and why?

Are there any of the exiled players you would reinstate or anyone you want to promote from the youth set-up?

Have you any transfer targets for the January window (either positions that need strengthening or specific players)?

Who would you be looking to sell?

Name your second in command (will they be as angry as Jorge Mendonca?)

Things you would change about the stadium?

Good luck with your application

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Congratulations, you are the new Reading manager

by Hendo » 10 Oct 2019 17:18

morganb As Reading still haven't announced a new manager here is your opportunity to pitch for the job.

What formation would you play (a different one for home and away matches perhaps)?

Are there any of the exiled players you would reinstate or anyone you want to promote from the youth set-up?

Have you any transfer targets for the January window (either positions that need strengthening or specific players)?

:| It has been a day m9.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Oct 2019 17:24

morganb As Reading still haven't announced a new manager here is your opportunity to pitch for the job.

I like it.

With our squad, has to be some sort of 5-3-2 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 with a well drilled 4-4-2 plan B when required.

None. Our players are fine.

Not really, except. Gunter probs has more to offer defensively in a 4-4-2. Desperate for wingers I don't think we can go wrong with giving GMac another chance from the bench.

Martinez back somehow would be lovely. + WINGERS

Sell: Probably Adam, give Virginia back, let Walker be our #2.

2nd in command - some bird with nice tits probably.

Stadium - increase the capicity by 12. I'm thinking way into the future here.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2019 17:35

Pull McCleary, Gunter and Baldock back into the first team.

Scrap passing it out from the back as the primary directive. Use it as appropriate.
Require Yiadom and Richards to start deeper.
Not play 2 CAMs from the start.
Encourage early positive passes and many more crosses from deep and the byline.

Probably play something like:

.........................Cabral
.........Miazga, Morrison, Moore
Yiadom, Rinomhota, Swift, Richards
......Meite,........................... Ejaria
.........................Puscas

Or

.......................Cabral
Yiadom, Miazga, Morrison, Richards
.........Rinomhota, Swift, Pele
Meite,............................................ Ejaria
.......................Puscas

Emphasise tracking, marking and movement. Play to the whistle and start HARD.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Oct 2019 17:39

Nice idea

I’d start with a basic 4-4-2. Obviously different variants of it but that’s the basic set up. I believe Joao/Meite/Puscas are potentially our key players and need to play to whatever suits them. Would definitely have wide midfielders/wingers getting crosses in - even if meant playing Obita/Richards left mid. Prob Boye RW, assuming he can actually cross.

Not really a case of dropping players especially, but I don’t think Gunter, Adam, Virginia or Pele would be getting much of a look in

McCleary would be back around the squad. Prob on the bench. Olise would be pushing ahead of the other Academy lads

Nope. Too many players as it is

To Sell: usual lot really. Gunter, Aluko, Baldock (but happy to keep otherwise), Loader probably if can get decent money still

Dunno. Someone tough but disciplined.

Get those clapper things back. They worked.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2019 17:44

Oh! Send Virginia packing.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Oct 2019 18:07

FOUR FOUR F[U]CKING TWO!

Swift and Ejaria. We need Ham and Eggers in midfield not these fancy Tip Tap Charlies.

Would reinstate McCleary and start Charlie Adam. Would get Gunter to do the half time oranges, after all these years at the club I will be the one to finally find something he is good at.

If they're over 6'3" and can boot the ball over the halfway line then I will call up some youth players.

Couple of young up and comers I've had my eye on, Ron Benson of Plymouth Argyle and Tony Hedges of York City.

If their teams don't want to sell then I would try to bring back James Lambert and Martin Butler.

Who wouldn't I be looking to sell would be a better question.

Either Royal Blue or Woodcote Royal would be my second in command. So yes, my assistant would be as angry as Mendonca.

I'd add some fins to lower wind resistance and I feel a racing stripe would look pretty sharp.

Oh and I'd get rid of that fancy Dan catering and bring in a grotty old burger van.

Oh and I'd ban Ian Royal from the stadium due to his shocking win/loss record.
Last edited by sandman on 10 Oct 2019 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Oct 2019 18:09

4-4-2 at home, 4-4-1-1 away from home. Take the game to the opposition, balls into the channel etc, crosses flying in from the flanks, eliminate tippy tappy nonsense

I'd play Baldock and Meite up top at home, and then Swift behind Puscas away. Pele and Rino to play as the 2 holding midfielders at all times. However, I'd emphasise to Pele to take one touch and move it on, and not take six touches every time. Boye right, Ejaria left with an overlapping Blackett as the outlet on the left

Baldock and McCleary around the squad. McCleary just as a winger option on the bench. I'd leave Gunter where he is because Howe has impressed me so far on the right and we have plenty of options on the left. From the youth, no-one in particular, but I'd possibly give Olise more minutes

I'd buy 2 natural wingers in January because we're seriously depleted there. Possibly another CM because not sure Pele is up to it and Adam is useless

I'd get rid of Virginia, Gunter, Obita, Adam, Aluko and Joao if he's still acting like a prat. Obita because we have too many left backs. Could substitute Obita for Blackett though but I think Tyler is a better player

I'd get an ex-player back as second in command. One that has been through the best times and can help bring the identity of the club back. Preferably one of the 05/06 members or the 11/12 members. McAnuff will make a good coach/manager one day I think

Small thing but I'd put the away fans on the side of the stands (probably east). As an away fan, I always prefer being behind a goal because it can really help you to drive forward the team, which is harder to do on the sides of the stands

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 10 Oct 2019 21:32

Sell all the players and buy gamers. E-sports is the future...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Oct 2019 23:25

I’d horsewhip the entire team in front of a baying Eamon Dolan stand and then force them to orally pleasure Queensly Royal whilst the golden gamble is being done.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 10 Oct 2019 23:38

leon I’d horsewhip the entire team in front of a baying Eamon Dolan stand and then force them to orally pleasure Queensly Royal whilst the golden gamble is being done.

What’s Kingsley doing whilst that is happening? He’s been nothing but a loyal supporter for over 20 years now, through the good times and the bad. I just don’t think he deserves to have to watch his missus be gang banged at half time by these useless fukk wits.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Oct 2019 23:51

Scutterbucketz
leon I’d horsewhip the entire team in front of a baying Eamon Dolan stand and then force them to orally pleasure Queensly Royal whilst the golden gamble is being done.

What’s Kingsley doing whilst that is happening? He’s been nothing but a loyal supporter for over 20 years now, through the good times and the bad. I just don’t think he deserves to have to watch his missus be gang banged at half time by these useless fukk wits.

He’s up a step ladder whacking off over a frieze of the 2006 legends all of which have the superimposed head of John Madejski.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Oct 2019 00:06

sandman

FOUR FOUR F[U]CKING TWO!

Swift and Ejaria. We need Ham and Eggers in midfield not these fancy Tip Tap Charlies.

Would reinstate McCleary and start Charlie Adam. Would get Gunter to do the half time oranges, after all these years at the club I will be the one to finally find something he is good at.

If they're over 6'3" and can boot the ball over the halfway line then I will call up some youth players.

Couple of young up and comers I've had my eye on, Ron Benson of Plymouth Argyle and Tony Hedges of York City.

If their teams don't want to sell then I would try to bring back James Lambert and Martin Butler.

Either Royal Blue or Woodcote Royal would be my second in command. So yes, my assistant would be as angry as Mendonca.

I'd add some fins to lower wind resistance and I feel a racing stripe would look pretty sharp.

Oh and I'd get rid of that fancy Dan catering and bring in a grotty old burger van.

It gets my vote :D

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 11 Oct 2019 01:23

Home formation would be a 4=3=3 and away would be the same against weaker teams but 5-4-1 against stronger teams.

Dropping players would be based on form, injury or suspensions only. I believe in a stable line up to promote cohesion and trust. I am not naming my first team squad until everyone has been seen in training but Gunter and McCleary are still free to leave. Gunter's positioning and lack of concentration late game is too big a hindrance for the side. McCleary's wage and Injury record for a 32 year old is too big concern. However, I would be happy for both of them to have a testimonial for their services to the club. The current crop of youngsters are exciting and I believe the ones that are ready are in around the 1st team. Southwood needs be recalled and sent on loan where he will get games though. Virginia needs to return to Everton as he will not get a game for us.

I would bring with me the following staff that I believe will improve the defensive, mental and attacking side of our game.

Defensive coach - OJ Simpsons lawyer. This guy can can defend against anything
Psychological coach - Derren Brown
Attacking coach - Dirty Dave. This lad knows how to score.

We don't need anymore players in January but we do need to sell. I want these players gone before the January Window closes

Gunter
McCleary
Mannone
Aluko
Loader - He doesn't want to be here so let's cash in before we get peanuts at a tribunal
Blackett - Poor injury record
Joao - I have no idea why we signed him
Smith - Doing well on loan but he is not good enough for the championship
Adam - Disruptive influence
John Oshea for assistant

I would change the fans as they're dull and depressing. :lol:

I would also like to add that the philosophy of playing a passing game will not change. We have the players to do it we just need to get their confidence back. Additionally, this philosophy is working well for the teams near the top of the championship and is becoming more prominent amongst teams in this league.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Oct 2019 08:03

bcubed
sandman

FOUR FOUR F[U]CKING TWO!

And mine. Can you extend it to HNA too?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Oct 2019 09:02

-------------------Rafael
Yiadom--Miazga---Morrison--Richards
-------Rinomhota---Pele
---------------Swift---Ejaria
---------------Meite---Joao

Distribution- mixed. Aim for Joao and Meite. Short should be distributed to Full backs.

Restrict the full backs. We have learned well enough now that our CBs are not capable enough to allow the opposition so much time and space on the flanks.

Pele and Rinomhota to act as both defensive blocks and possession recyclers. Get Andy up for second balls and keep Pele back to cover as a 3rd CB to close down attackers.

Swift and Ejaria to roam, cover wide spaces, link midfield to attack.

Strikers to wear down defenders. Joao to play with back to goal, look to link up play and hold the ball. Meite as a pressing forward. Have him run all day, dont allow quick, short GK distribution.

On defence 2 men to close down player on ball, one from behind one from in front. Other players to cover passing routes, not space. CBs to cover, not close down. Keep a high defensive line. Play for offside. Full backs to cover wide when ball is on opposite flank. Far sided CB to cover back post, Pele to cover centrally, Rinomhota to close down with near sided CB and Full back. Swift and Ejaria on edge of box to win second ball.

In attack play through middle. Focus on possession and switching flanks to pull opposition out of position. Meite to play on shoulder of last man, Joao to pull deeper bring a CB with him. Keep forward off the wings when in attacking phases. We need men in the box.

Oh. And ban Ian from home games. We all know it's all his fault.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 Oct 2019 10:29

I'm just going to pick random formations and players for 6-12 months and then collect the pay off.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Oct 2019 11:10

6ft Kerplunk

I'm just going to pick random formations and players for 6-12 months and then collect the pay off.

U R Gomes AICMFP

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Oct 2019 11:19

Snowflake Royal Pull McCleary, Gunter and Baldock back into the first team.

Scrap passing it out from the back as the primary directive. Use it as appropriate.
Require Yiadom and Richards to start deeper.
Not play 2 CAMs from the start.
Encourage early positive passes and many more crosses from deep and the byline.

Probably play something like:

.........................Cabral
.........Miazga, Morrison, Moore
Yiadom, Rinomhota, Swift, Richards
......Meite,........................... Ejaria
.........................Puscas

Or

.......................Cabral
Yiadom, Miazga, Morrison, Richards
.........Rinomhota, Swift, Pele
Meite,............................................ Ejaria
.......................Puscas

Emphasise tracking, marking and movement. Play to the whistle and start HARD.

Better than starting Flaccid

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Oct 2019 11:21

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
sandman

And mine. Can you extend it to HNA too?

+1