BFTG Preston (H)

143 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFGT Preston (H)

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Oct 2019 19:55

windermereROYAL I see the Puscas bashing still in full flow, I thought he did very well today, was lively and plenty of good movement off the ball.

Sure he will come good with goals soon enough! ,

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Preston (H)

by Gunny Fishcake » 19 Oct 2019 20:01

Well played Reading ! I thought we deserved that for effort in the second half and never giving up . Good to see no fannying about at the back and getting the ball forward quicker.

Not a lot beats a 98th minute winner, I can't remember the last late late winner like that.

Thought Swift had a great as did Yiadom and Ejaria was my man of the match.

I wasn't a fan of Bowen's appointment but fair play to him on getting the team to produce a good performance like today.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Oct 2019 20:02

Wtf was Obita doing shooting from there?! :D

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Oct 2019 20:20

Gunny Fishcake Well played Reading ! I thought we deserved that for effort in the second half and never giving up . Good to see no fannying about at the back and getting the ball forward quicker.

Not a lot beats a 98th minute winner, I can't remember the last late late winner like that.

Thought Swift had a great as did Yiadom and Ejaria was my man of the match.

I wasn't a fan of Bowen's appointment but fair play to him on getting the team to produce a good performance like today.

The last late late winner was as recent as March v Wigan.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Oct 2019 20:24

Actually scored an absolute load of late goals recently

Wigan, Ipswich, Norwich, Wolves, Swansea, Fulham(admittedly pointless), today...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2019 20:44

Hound Actually scored an absolute load of late goals recently

Wigan, Ipswich, Norwich, Wolves, Swansea, Fulham(admittedly pointless), today...

Not surprising seeing as we rarely started trying until about the 70th minute and at least 1 down.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Oct 2019 20:58

Finally a game that was enjoyable to watch. How did Miazga end up in the box to drive home the spilled ball?

Really pleased for Bowen. After what must have been a difficult week for him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Oct 2019 20:59

Snowflake Royal

Not surprising seeing as we rarely started trying until about the 70th minute and at least 1 down.

That’s the spirit Ian. Every silver lining has a cloud.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Oct 2019 21:05

Thrilled for Mark Bowen. Noticed the first mong to be interviewed by Tim Dellor wasn't happy and felt Gomes shouldn't have been sacked. We would have lost today if Gomes had been in charge.
A clean sheet was fantastic, defence was decent and kept it far tighter than it had been. We got the ball forward quicker, picked up more second balls and more importantly we concentrated for 90 minutes.......
Couple of things I would like to see improved are-:
Get the crosses in the box quicker rather than take an extra touch and pass all the time. The number of times moves broke down was frustrating.
Defenders need to hoof the ball out if under pressure, we nearly undid ourselves a few times when trying to just knock the ball to a non existent blue shirt.

Overall great result and battled til the end.
Nice of the players to celebrate at the end in front of the club 1875 fans, they worked hard today singing for 90 mins.
Only downside I wacked the seat in front with my knee and its a bit of a mess.......but worth 3 points.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 Oct 2019 21:13

The players put a bit more effort in. Preston didn't even look like they were trying to win.

Beyond that, it's hard to get too enthused by anything, other than the late winner.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 19 Oct 2019 21:23

loyalroyal4life
windermereROYAL I see the Puscas bashing still in full flow, I thought he did very well today, was lively and plenty of good movement off the ball.

Your joking right?.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Oct 2019 21:39

Lower West Finally a game that was enjoyable to watch. How did Miazga end up in the box to drive home the spilled ball?

Because it was a corner.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 20 Oct 2019 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 19 Oct 2019 22:28

I mean’t in the 98th minute !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2019 22:55

Zip
Snowflake Royal

That’s the spirit Ian. Every silver lining has a cloud.

Gomes took the cloud with him when he left zip.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Oct 2019 22:57

Gunny Fishcake

I mean’t in the 98th minute !

Well it's not quite the 99th minute like against Wolves but it'll have to do.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2019 22:58

windermereROYAL
Lower West Finally a game that was enjoyable to watch. How did Miazga end up in the box to drive home the spilled ball?

Bexause it was a corner.

Weirdly the same comment came up in Bowen's interview and I was like you... 'dur corner'

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2019 00:18

PieEater I'm also wondering how Preston were second in the table, they were pretty woeful. A team whose game plan was to get players booked, feign injury, harass the ref , then nick a win from a set piece.

We battled as we have done previously, missed our few chances ( Puscas, Ejaria) then nicked it at the end.

It couldn't have been sweeter given Preston's antics

This

Never have I wanted a win and to beat a team so much. Well not for a while anyway.

Great result thoroughly deserved. I have not been able to come to terms with how good we were against Cardiff and how poor since.
I always thought the 3 Ms in defence plus Pele was our best formation.

Only managed 3 games so far. All wins!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 20 Oct 2019 00:22

loyalroyal4life

Just a matter of time. We have him for 5 years! Really hope Bowen sticks with Puscas and Meite for an extended run together now. Firmly believe they are our best front 2.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 20 Oct 2019 01:12

Not great - but better! A win, three points and a clean sheet - against a top six side. Had they beaten us and had West Brom drawn, they would be top of the league now. Their main forum - https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-reading-v-pne-19-10-19-ko-15-00-championship.3429121/ - includes some compliments about us, especially Eljaria, and also criticisms of their own team feigning injuries too often!

It was good to see the togetherness of the players in their celebrations at the end. Hopefully this result will restore some confidence in our side.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 20 Oct 2019 05:34

Thought about going to the game but decided against it, instead popped to Fun and Frolic to pick up my annual fireworks supplies. Rounded it off with a pint in the Retreat, so all round pretty good day.

143 posts