Ade Williams

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Ade Williams

by Hampshire Royal » 26 Oct 2019 13:45

As a player, Ade was excellent for us, and he isn't bad as a presenter on BBCRB.

The only thing that annoys me about him is whenever he mentions Leeds, he always says 'Leeds, Leeds, 'Leeds'. Why? What's special about them? As far as I know, the only people who say this Re Leeds fans (arguably the most thuggish fans in England) who say it in a chant.

They will fail to get promoted this season, again. At their best, in the 60s and 70s, they weren't as good as Liverpool and Man U. But they are always predicted to go up, because every pundit remembers how 'good' they were 50 or 60 years ago.

Please stop it, Ade, it's not clever and it's not funny.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ade Williams

by The Royal Forester » 26 Oct 2019 14:58

Hampshire Royal As a player, Ade was excellent for us, and he isn't bad as a presenter on BBCRB.

The only thing that annoys me about him is whenever he mentions Leeds, he always says 'Leeds, Leeds, 'Leeds'. Why? What's special about them? As far as I know, the only people who say this Re Leeds fans (arguably the most thuggish fans in England) who say it in a chant.

They will fail to get promoted this season, again. At their best, in the 60s and 70s, they weren't as good as Liverpool and Man U. But they are always predicted to go up, because every pundit remembers how 'good' they were 50 or 60 years ago.

[u]Please stop it, Ade, it's not clever and it's not funny.

[/u
I agree, this irritates me as well. I wish he could hear me saying "Shut up, you are annoying me" every time time he utters this nonsense. I really do feel like turning the radio off, at times.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Oct 2019 20:17

Hampshire Royal As a player, Ade was excellent for us, and he isn't bad as a presenter on BBCRB.

I am impressed with how a fairly uneducated bloke like Adie has made the best of the opportunity and I find him easy to listen to.
HR, you are just getting old m8.
BTW much as I dislike Leeds (doesn't everybody outside of Leeds?) I think they will do it this season and look the best team in this division-with a proper striker they would walk it IMHO.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 26 Oct 2019 21:46

When Leeds came to us last season. I thought they were the best team we'd played and I was certain they'd go up.As usual, though, they messed it up. Maybe it was the expectation, I don't know. When we played Huddersfield at Wembley, I was talking to a couple of their fans who, of course, were delighted that Leeds had failed. We've won te league championship twice since Cantona won it for Leeds. Brady was a brilliant player, possibly better even than Gylfi. I have no problem with Ade's education. He isn't on BBCRB because of it, but because he can rabbit on about RFC from an ex-player's perspective. His blogs are really good.

I will never be as old as you, though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Oct 2019 21:55

Personally, I think that Adies Leeds Leeds Leeds thing is just a bit of sarcasm , don't take it to heart (lol)

Enjoy his wind-up bantz on BBC Bluerinse tbf

Smithy

by Smithy » 26 Oct 2019 22:29

I don't mind listening to adie it's that buffon dim tellor i can't stand

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Oct 2019 22:44

*Ady

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Oct 2019 22:48

All been done before here Tim Dellor is a fan

Better that, than some some generic £ Sky presenter

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2019 23:16

Doesn't everyone do it? :?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Oct 2019 23:44

It's quite irritating that's all. To do it every now and then is fine but it's really not that big a deal tbh.

The only thing that bothered me about him was every time he Wolves is mentioned about how it's his old club. I don't give a flying f**k if it's his old club, I only like him because he was our legend he can shut up about them thank you very much. I think he's stopped that now though so he's alright.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 27 Oct 2019 00:37

Use it as a drinking game.

You’ll be pissed by kick off.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Oct 2019 01:50

Pepe the Horseman Doesn't everyone do it? :?

This.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2019 10:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup It's quite irritating that's all. To do it every now and then is fine but it's really not that big a deal tbh.

The only thing that bothered me about him was every time he Wolves is mentioned about how it's his old club. I don't give a flying f**k if it's his old club, I only like him because he was our legend he can shut up about them thank you very much. I think he's stopped that now though so he's alright.

"One of my former clubs"

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2019 10:11

Smithy I don't mind listening to adie it's that buffon dim tellor i can't stand

Tim Dellor is better than you and you should respect him.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 27 Oct 2019 11:39

We're all Leeds.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 27 Oct 2019 11:56

Victor Meldrew BTW much as I dislike Leeds (doesn't everybody outside of Leeds?) I think they will do it this season and look the best team in this division-with a proper striker they would walk it IMHO.

I follow Leeds as one of my drinking buddies is a Leeds fan*, and Championship chat is always welcome in the pub. He also follows Reading.

Basically they are an above average side with a manager the fans like (Although the manager at Leeds can change in a heart beat). But outside of that they arent spectacular. They are capable of dropping points in any game, and are vulnerable to a team on a run, and always lose to Millwall! There also seems to be an infinite supply of Yorkshire Derbies in the Championship (Sheff U went up last year, though. But Huddersfield have come down, and this is one of the years Barnsley are a championship side) Saying that, so far it looks like a mediocre Championship this year, so being good but nothing spectacular may be enough.

*Rest assured, he is a Yorkshireman.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Oct 2019 13:07

I don't think his recent podcasts with former managers and players have been that great, bit of a missed opportunity in my view. Would have been better for one of the pro journalists to have done these as they would have done more homework and asked better questions.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Oct 2019 14:43

Mid Sussex Royal I don't think his recent podcasts with former managers and players have been that great, bit of a missed opportunity in my view. Would have been better for one of the pro journalists to have done these as they would have done more homework and asked better questions.

Disagree if a professional journalist had done the interviews they may have been more guarded. Ady was basically just having a chat with them ex pro to ex pro. Probably got more out of them than a journo would

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Oct 2019 16:03

WoodleyRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal I don't think his recent podcasts with former managers and players have been that great, bit of a missed opportunity in my view. Would have been better for one of the pro journalists to have done these as they would have done more homework and asked better questions.

Disagree if a professional journalist had done the interviews they may have been more guarded. Ady was basically just having a chat with them ex pro to ex pro. Probably got more out of them than a journo would
was disappointed the McDermott one didn’t get into his time and Leeds and the return to Reading.

Aldo thought Kitson came across as being “different” to create a niche for himself, despite him saying he hated the notoriety. If that’s the case, keep your head down and mouth shut and stay out of the limelight (plus he said he didn’t like Sidwell who’s my favourite Reading player of all time)

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 27 Oct 2019 16:18

3points
WoodleyRoyal

was disappointed the McDermott one didn’t get into his time and Leeds and the return to Reading.

Aldo thought Kitson came across as being “different” to create a niche for himself, despite him saying he hated the notoriety. If that’s the case, keep your head down and mouth shut and stay out of the limelight (plus he said he didn’t like Sidwell who’s my favourite Reading player of all time)

From what I remember, Kits did not say he didn't like Sidwell, only that they didn't get on, there is a difference. Sidwell, in his podcast said that they just had their own circle of friends. (different card schools on the coach home?)