BFTG Millwall

179 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Millwall

by Maneki Neko » 04 Nov 2019 11:18

Stranded So just to clarify, most are of the belief that Swift's free kick was unlucky and worth a go but URZZZ thinks that it may have been a better option to play the ball in so that it could be contested? Both pretty valid views especially as Swift didn't score.

The rest of most of the last two pages have then essentially been willy waving?

came in to find some reviews of the game, waded through two pages of this shit, am now about to start backing away from the team board slowly

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Nov 2019 11:27

Maneki Neko
Stranded So just to clarify, most are of the belief that Swift's free kick was unlucky and worth a go but URZZZ thinks that it may have been a better option to play the ball in so that it could be contested? Both pretty valid views especially as Swift didn't score.

came in to find some reviews of the game, waded through two pages of this shit, am now about to start backing away from the team board slowly

Normally I'd criticise a player for shooting from there. It has to be a pretty special effort and putting it in the box is a better option. But Swift's effort was class and reflects his confidence and form at the moment. I say fair play overall.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Nov 2019 11:35

URZZZZ

Most people can’t concede a point to be fair so I’m not surprised. I can see why people thought it was a good freekick. My point was I don’t think it was as good as people are making out. It didn’t even hit the underside of the crossbar and bounce down. It didn’t hit the centre of the crossbar and bounce out. It hit the top and went over. From a close distance. With plenty of options to choose in the box. Now, can someone tell me what’s wrong with what I’ve just argued? Thanks

He was 20 yards out for crying out loud. Keeper beaten, smidgen lower it be in or bouncing around the box. Give it up man. Turn your attention to the one he did blaze over and you might have a point about wasteful freekicks by Swift.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 04 Nov 2019 11:48

I managed to get to the game this weekend. It's been a while but glad I did. Took the boy and my mum as per.
We looked pretty tight. All round good performance whilst Millwall offering little threat.

The free kick that hit the bar was a good effort. Personally, I would have dinked a cross in as the better option but if it goes in who's arguing.

Only thing that wound me up was the ease at how they walked through us for their goal. Baldock to blame. Just get shot of it, mate.

Two well worked goals for us. The first one was in before he hit it. Sat up really nice begging to be dispatched.

Referee was very good today as was the lino on our side. Got 99% of decisions spot on.

Ox heart thing was very nice too!

Y22 was very quiet.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 12:16

Hound Between this shambles and the Denver Royal episode, Urzzzz has had a pretty poor week

So a pretty poor week for having an opinion different to yours? Interesting observation

The thing with Denver was stupid but that was an isolated incident. I think it’s extremely ignorant and downright rude to suggest someone is having a “poor week” because they disagree with them. I expect comments like that from OMA but not you. Never mind

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2019 12:18

URZZZZ
Hound Between this shambles and the Denver Royal episode, Urzzzz has had a pretty poor week

So a pretty poor week for having an opinion different to yours? Interesting observation

The thing with Denver was stupid but that was an isolated incident. I think it’s extremely ignorant and downright rude to suggest someone is having a “poor week” because they disagree with them. I expect comments like that from OMA but not you. Never mind

You've had a pretty poor 6 months to be honest. You just can't handle being wrong, you need to just grow up and realise you can't be right all the time and deal with it. If Hound says you've had a bad week then you've had a bad week.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Nov 2019 12:19

What's wrong with it is justifying the opinion with comments like 'no danger of it going in', 'keeper wasn't worried' and 'it went over' (it didn't)

None of which are really valid.

It is this week's Miazga 3 game ban pointless argument though. Actually thought the free kicks overall were a good mix this week, even if none were actually executed quite right. Some shots, some high crosses, some low pull backs. Good to see us keeping them guessing, though some ended in a shambles.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Nov 2019 12:21

URZZZZ

tbh fella, that Denver argument makes it a poor year for you whatever else you post. Owe the board an apology for that horror show.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2019 12:22

Hound
URZZZZ

tbh fella, that Denver argument makes it a poor year for you whatever else you post. Owe the board an apology for that horror show.

What thread is that in Hound?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Nov 2019 12:25

Old Man Andrews
Hound
URZZZZ

don't do it to yourself. But in the match preview.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 12:29

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

You've had a pretty poor 6 months to be honest. You just can't handle being wrong, you need to just grow up and realise you can't be right all the time and deal with it. If Hound says you've had a bad week then you've had a bad week.

That’s a generous figure from you, I was expecting a lot more than 6 months

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Nov 2019 12:29

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

don't do it to yourself. But in the match preview.

Blimey that is tragic. It was like Urzzz broke on that first page.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 12:32

Hound
URZZZZ

I was having a bad day and hence took it out on the wrong person. So what? I notice you’ve had arguments with Denver before. Did you apologise for it?

The thing is, you’re not looking at it from two points of view. You can’t admit that a cross would probably be the better option from that position. If he scored, fair enough. And as WYR states, it’s good that is shows his confidence (the improvement in his play now and 12 months ago is astronomical IMO). But I think a cross would be better. I don’t understand how that’s such an outrageous opinion

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2019 12:43

RoyalBlue
Stranded
Old Man Andrews No idea what has lead you to that wild conclusion...... :roll:

You mean the conclusion that putting a lot of unsual strain (a throw in, esp. a long one is not an overly natural action) on an already weakened joint could weaken it further potentially causing injury?

Possibly a 2+2=5 moment but just a note of concern that Moore may not be the best player to fling in the ariel bombs if he has an ongoing shoulder issue. Not sure what the issue with that conclusion would be?

He actually seemed to damage his shoulder when he fell fairly late in the first half and that is how he's popped it out previously. However, I thought the same about the potential risk from his long throws when watching the highlights later.

Yeah hurt it falling, then 5 minutes later took a long throw and aggravated it. Not the smartest thing.

Morrison took them from then on. The another very heavy fall on it before coming off. He looked quite groggy after the second fall too.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 04 Nov 2019 12:48

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ

I was having a bad day and hence took it out on the wrong person. So what? I notice you’ve had arguments with Denver before. Did you apologise for it?

The thing is, you’re not looking at it from two points of view. You can’t admit that a cross would probably be the better option from that position. If he scored, fair enough. And as WYR states, it’s good that is shows his confidence (the improvement in his play now and 12 months ago is astronomical IMO). But I think a cross would be better. I don’t understand how that’s such an outrageous opinion

Perhaps even Swift initially thought that a cross would be 'better' but it would also be the expected thing to do so that could be why he decided to shoot. Perhaps he was hoping that it if didn't go in then it could hit the crossbar and bounce back into the area. Or perhaps the keeper could have clawed at it on the way over and the ball fallen to a Reading player in the box. I wonder if he looks back on it now and thinks 'If only I'd crossed and not shot.'

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Nov 2019 12:48

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ

It's not an outrageous opinion, it's perfectly valid. I don't think anyone suggested it isn't. But it doesn't stop the actual kick being a good effort and deserving of praise.

Denver sadly refuses to respond to anything I post nowadays. Such a shame. I think we kept our embarrassing exchange to a PM though. And it really was proper embarrassing - almost as bad as your one.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 13:24

Hound
URZZZZ
Hound

It's not an outrageous opinion, it's perfectly valid. I don't think anyone suggested it isn't. But it doesn't stop the actual kick being a good effort and deserving of praise.

Denver sadly refuses to respond to anything I post nowadays. Such a shame. I think we kept our embarrassing exchange to a PM though. And it really was proper embarrassing - almost as bad as your one.

I can stretch to good effort, but that doesn’t necessarily mean good free kick. Not that it was a bad one mind. To your point that my points weren’t valid. In my eyes, the goalie saw the freekick come in, put his arms up and realised it wasn’t going in. Hence he wasn’t worried. But only Bialkowski will know whether or not he thought it was going in. And when I say it went over, I meant it hit the crossbar and bounced over. Thus suggesting the kick hit the top of the crossbar, not the centre or the underside

I got the impression he was Ignoring you given he wasn’t responding when you directly asked him a question. No idea what’s happened there :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Nov 2019 13:29

ha, I don't lose any sleep over it tbh :)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Nov 2019 13:59

To be honest, urzzz and Denver are the worst posters on this place.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 04 Nov 2019 14:36

URZZZZ That’s my last on the matter .....

Since when we've had 5 further comments on that or related incidents!!

Nothing much to add about the game though. Two great goals, conceded a sloppy one (although, had we scored it, we would probably be eulogising about a brilliant mazy run!) and some unnecessarily nervy last few minutes. For the record, I thought we were lucky to only get 6 minutes added on at the end. Moore's injury was lengthy, there were plenty of substitutions and the referee (who gave us a number of contentious decisions) was pointing at his watch when we were wasting time over throw-ins, etc.

No-one had a bad game. MOTM was between Swift and Yiadom for me though Baldock and Rhino did well. The game was a bit too physical for Eljaria's silky skills bar one glorious moment in the second half. Like most on here, I'm worried about losing Moore for too long. That is as much for his captaincy as his playing - he is a leader on the pitch.

179 posts