MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Sean Evers

125 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Sean Evers

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Nov 2019 17:17

Snowflake Royal
Westwood52 In the 2005 season didn’t we just lose two League games ?Plymouth first game of the season,then Luton away late on ? I seem to recall it was on telly ?

Yes, as referenced by me above. I went to both.

1-2 and 3-2 I think

It was and Watford and Leeds were the only two teams we didn't beat that season, drew all 4 of those games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2019 17:20

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal
Westwood52 In the 2005 season didn’t we just lose two League games ?Plymouth first game of the season,then Luton away late on ? I seem to recall it was on telly ?

Yes, as referenced by me above. I went to both.

1-2 and 3-2 I think

It was and Watford and Leeds were the only two teams we didn't beat that season, drew all 4 of those games.

Knew Leeds, forgot Watford.

Christ we were great.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Nov 2019 17:21

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal Yes, as referenced by me above. I went to both.

1-2 and 3-2 I think

Christ we were great.

We weren't great in some games though, the 0-0 Watford away and Southampton away spring to mind :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Nov 2019 17:59

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 It was and Watford and Leeds were the only two teams we didn't beat that season, drew all 4 of those games.

Christ we were great.

We weren't great in some games though, the 0-0 Watford away and Southampton away spring to mind :lol:

Both Watford games were dire 0-0s. I remember Watford matches used to be a routine snorefest; looks like we may be facing them again next season based upon how things are going.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Nov 2019 20:13

WestYorksRoyal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Knew Leeds, forgot Watford.

Christ we were great.

Both Watford games were dire 0-0s. I remember Watford matches used to be a routine snorefest; looks like we may be facing them again next season based upon how things are going.

Think we went something like 5 games in a row without scoring against them and the one to break that run was the ghost goal! Still bemused as to how the officials saw the ball go in :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Nov 2019 06:27

URZZZZ
WestYorksRoyal
Hendo

Think we went something like 5 games in a row without scoring against them and the one to break that run was the ghost goal! Still bemused as to how the officials saw the ball go in :lol:

I think Reading also had the benefit of another “ghost goal” v Rochdale at Elm Park back in 1975 when the ball rocketed past the post at one end but at such an angle it hit the stanchion behind the goal and bounced back out onto the pitch again.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Nov 2019 08:09

Mannone

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Obita

Pele
Rinomhota
Swift

Ejaria
Puscas
Baldock

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Nov 2019 08:32

Old Man Andrews Mannone

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Obita

Pele
Rinomhota
Swift

Ejaria
Puscas
Baldock

thatsbait.gif

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 08 Nov 2019 09:59

Gunter must be peed off big time.He has probably two or three years left and nobody is interested in taking him on.He has already wasted a big chunk of this season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 10:01

Westwood52 Gunter must be peed off big time.He has probably two or three years left and nobody is interested in taking him on.He has already wasted a big chunk of this season.

Well, according to Bowen, people were interested in him, McCleary and Baldock over the summer. So if he was peed off, there isn’t much justification on that front considering he had the opportunity to go

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2019 10:25

URZZZZ
Westwood52 Gunter must be peed off big time.He has probably two or three years left and nobody is interested in taking him on.He has already wasted a big chunk of this season.

Well, according to Bowen, people were interested in him, McCleary and Baldock over the summer. So if he was peed off, there isn’t much justification on that front considering he had the opportunity to go

I'm fairly sure there was good interest in him but wages/club were his deciding factor. Hes still decent. Just not good enough for my ambitions for the club.

Also an injury to Yiadom and hes got a chance. I highly doubt Yiadom can be injured as he appears to be a beast but if it does Bowen is unlikely to turn to Howe.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Nov 2019 10:25

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Reading_F.C._season#Results_2

First season at the Mad Stad fixtures, results and goal scorers. Certainly wasn't as bad as I had remembered. Shaky two opening games, and other than Bristol Rovers hitting us for six we were fairly solid throughout. Was at both Wrexham and Bristol Rovers away; 7 goals conceded pre-first home game of the season :lol:

Highlights were the Luton at home (obvs), Wycombe away (Martin Williams) and Stoke away (4-0 8) ) - Stuart Gray running from the halfway line to score the 4th. Scenes.

Great memories !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 10:57

URZZZZ

Sounds like Bowen is being fair with him. If he plays better than Yiadom in training and Yiadom loses form he is in. It’s up to him to prove he should play

Realistically though Yiadom offers far more, esp in a back 5.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Nov 2019 10:58

Hound
URZZZZ

Sounds like Bowen is being fair with him. If he plays better than Yiadom in training and Yiadom loses form he is in. It’s up to him to prove he should play

You probably offer more than CG tbh.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 11:16

Old Man Andrews
Hound
URZZZZ

You probably offer more than CG tbh.

tbf similar. Can run around all day long but am quite shit at actual football

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 11:32

Hound
URZZZZ

Gunter was always half decent as one of the CB’s with a 5 at the back, pretty sure he played there a few times under Stam when he put Williams as the RWB. Less impetus on him to go forward. We don’t seem to be too heavy with numbers at CB either. Not sure about McIntyre at this point in time, his last appearance IIRC was Blackburn where he had a disaster and I’m not sure putting him on the bench for two months consecutively will help that

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 11:38

Not a bad call actually urzzzz

Agreed Gunter can do a job as right CB in a 5

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2019 13:56

NO! Not having it. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not this oxf*rd time no. No, no, no, no.

He has no aerial ability to speak of and is positionally poor. His biggest weakness the entire time he has been here has been his closing down. oxf*rd me. I would rather play him in goal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 14:26

NewCorkSeth NO! Not having it. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not this oxf*rd time no. No, no, no, no.

He has no aerial ability to speak of and is positionally poor. His biggest weakness the entire time he has been here has been his closing down. oxf*rd me. I would rather play him in goal.

To be fair, he’d probably be better than Virginia in goal

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Nov 2019 16:52

NewCorkSeth NO! Not having it. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not this oxf*rd time no. No, no, no, no.

Superb. + a million. And a classic reminder of the fantastic sketch with Ben Kingsley :D

125 posts