Liam Moore Interview Part 2

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam Moore Interview Part 2

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 12:01

Old Man Andrews Too early to judge Boye. It takes a while to adjust to this league and I am not sure he ahs ever been 100% fit.

It's not even about his talent. We dont need him. Every position he covers is already covered. We need a CM if anything.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 12:02

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Too early to judge Boye. It takes a while to adjust to this league and I am not sure he ahs ever been 100% fit.

It's not even about his talent. We dont need him. Every position he covers is already covered. We need a CM if anything.

We need wing options. No guarantee McCleary will stay fit and Meite is pretty prone to injury. We would have paid his loan fee and we can give him back at the end of it, doesn't lose us anything by keeping him around.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Nov 2019 12:13

NewCorkSeth

Whilst I see your point, anything can happen in football. If Puscas and Baldock go on a bad run, pick up bad injuries etc, that creates opportunities for the likes of Boye, Loader and Meite. Whilst I think six players for two positions is slightly too much, there may be an opportunity for Boye in the future. And I do see talent in there somewhere, it’s not like he’s a waster IMO. And, as OMA says, he can play on the wing which could be another option for us if our current formation becomes stale

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 12:22

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

We need wing options. No guarantee McCleary will stay fit and Meite is pretty prone to injury. We would have paid his loan fee and we can give him back at the end of it, doesn't lose us anything by keeping him around.

McCleary, Meite, Obita and Barrett? Hell at a push Baldock is a decent LW. I understand the injury problems but we dont actually play with wingers do we?

The injury crisis would hit us harder in CM. Swift goes and we have Adam or Olise.
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 15 Nov 2019 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 12:28

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth

Whilst I see your point, anything can happen in football. If Puscas and Baldock go on a bad run, pick up bad injuries etc, that creates opportunities for the likes of Boye, Loader and Meite. Whilst I think six players for two positions is slightly too much, there may be an opportunity for Boye in the future. And I do see talent in there somewhere, it’s not like he’s a waster IMO. And, as OMA says, he can play on the wing which could be another option for us if our current formation becomes stale

Which is fair. I still think his squad place would be better used on Olise or Barrett.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Nov 2019 12:31

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth It's not even about his talent. We dont need him. Every position he covers is already covered. We need a CM if anything.

Which is fair. I still think his squad place would be better used on Olise or Barrett.

Olise, I agree, think he has a future
Barrett, I can’t agree, no redeeming factors, no real defined position in this formation, a bit too average for me, was one of Gomes’ tippy tappy not really doing anything players
I know Barrett has had a few good games this season, Plymouth away, Swansea away etc but I just don’t particularly rate him

Just my opinion though

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 12:46

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

Olise, I agree, think he has a future
Barrett, I can’t agree, no redeeming factors, no real defined position in this formation, a bit too average for me, was one of Gomes’ tippy tappy not really doing anything players
I know Barrett has had a few good games this season, Plymouth away, Swansea away etc but I just don’t particularly rate him

Just my opinion though

Not to toot my own horn (as I wasnt alone in saying it) but last season I was firm in my belief that Ejaria was one of the most promising players I had ever seen. Not difficult to see so I wont claim to be good at seeing potential yet but Olise also looks like a good player in the making.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 15 Nov 2019 13:06

Hound nothing particularly new, but this Baldock newspaper interview is quite interesting as well - different perspective on Gomes

https://www.wokinghampaper.co.uk/interv ... ark-bowen/

Not sure if some of that was taken from the interview Baldock gave to BBCRB last week, but he said the same about Gomes on there. Thought it was damning, given that Gunter and McCleary are still here wonder if they felt the same?

Got 10 mins of the podcast left to hear, a good listen but as you said not as interesting as the first one. Mentioned about his shoulder too. Basically if comes out once or twice more then he'll have surgery which will mean 3 months out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2019 16:15

Hound Caught 15 mins of it so far - interesting that Moore highlights much the same issues as we saw in here in Jose’s 5 at the back - ie too big spaces behind the FBs due to pressing too high

It's almost like occasionally we know what we're talking about!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2019 16:23

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth It's not even about his talent. We dont need him. Every position he covers is already covered. We need a CM if anything.

McCleary, Meite, Obita and Barrett? Hell at a push Baldock is a decent LW. I understand the injury problems but we dont actually play with wingers do we?

The injury crisis would hit us harder in CM. Swift goes and we have Adam or Olise.

It's not that bad. We could go more defensive and play Pele. McCleary came on and played in Ejaria's position in the last game. Barrett could play centrally. There's East. Loader has played a lot in the AM role.

The options are fine in midfield.

I also don't see a huge amount to recommend Boye right now, bar one swivel he's not been great.

Joao at least offers something different to our other options.

We have too many attacking players right now, but that's all part of the rebuild and will gradually resolve.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2019 16:26

Snowflake Royal
Hound Caught 15 mins of it so far - interesting that Moore highlights much the same issues as we saw in here in Jose’s 5 at the back - ie too big spaces behind the FBs due to pressing too high

It's almost like occasionally we know what we're talking about!

yep. And fair play, the high full backs was something you picked up on very early

A lot of the chat was about playing the football in their half rather than our own. Saw something about Swift now playing 23% of his passes to the final third under Bowen, was 15% before. Thats a very big change.

And playing out from the back too much generally.

Also a quite nice interview with Obita on the TE. Doesn't give too much away but comes across well. Nothing particularly juicy but interesting enough

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 18:01

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews We need wing options. No guarantee McCleary will stay fit and Meite is pretty prone to injury. We would have paid his loan fee and we can give him back at the end of it, doesn't lose us anything by keeping him around.

It's not that bad. We could go more defensive and play Pele. McCleary came on and played in Ejaria's position in the last game. Barrett could play centrally. There's East. Loader has played a lot in the AM role.

The options are fine in midfield.

I also don't see a huge amount to recommend Boye right now, bar one swivel he's not been great.

Joao at least offers something different to our other options.

We have too many attacking players right now, but that's all part of the rebuild and will gradually resolve.

Oh I'm not suggesting we are desperate right now, just that any argument for Boye based on potential injury crisis is more relevant in CM.