Reading FC team of the decade

125 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Reading FC team of the decade

by URZZZZ » 06 Dec 2019 01:31

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Genuinely knew a guy and his son who would happily bang on about how McAnuff was the worst winger we'd ever had. And he'd been watching RFC for decades. Once challenged me at a game to point out any single positive contribution he made.

Absolutely mind boggling.

I'd have him as the best, most consistent LW we've had.
Convey really only had that one good season due to injury
HRK - lol
Gilkes - let's just say by the time I saw him (95) he was past his best and known for crossing into the Tilehurst End.
Barrow - lol
John - lol
Salako - past his best but pretty quality, not on the same level though

Still wish Jobi had stayed and seen out his career as captain at LB while Obita moved forward to LW.

I always rated S Hunt and Beerens was generally decent, but they still don't come close to Jobi

I generally think some people watch different games, McAnuff was a classy player, albeit slightly out of depth in the Prem
The entire team were. I'd say he was one of our better in the PL that season.Top assister with 7, a perfectly respectable number. Aside from Alfietime who really did better? Kebe didn't play anywhere near enough - 5 goals but only 1 assist. McCleary - 3 goals, 2 assists?

Nope, fair enough, didn’t recall him getting that many assists, from memory, I always thought he looked out of depth in the Prem but you’re right when you say no-one else really did better

It’s players like him that we miss nowadays. Not always the flashiest player in the world, but a smart football brain. Intelligence can triumph talent, and one of my thoughts with this current team is that we’ve got the flashy players like Swift, Ejaria, Puscas, Yiadom but not the most football savvy group

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2019 12:07

Ain't that the truth. For all their undoubted talent, Yiadom and Ejaria frequently make poor decisions in particular. And Meite, Swift, Joao, Loader etc all do it too.

I know I've got a proper bromance on for him, but I think Rino's one of the smartest players we've got. Everything he does is simple, effective and with purpose. The best way to play.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Dec 2019 11:12

JLow has had his say on the worst 20 signings of the decade. Bit unfair to include Lasha Dvali. I mean he may have been shit for us but we'll never know because the club fcuked up with the work permit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2019 23:58

From Despair To Where? JLow has had his say on the worst 20 signings of the decade. Bit unfair to include Lasha Dvali. I mean he may have been shit for us but we'll never know because the club fcuked up with the work permit.

Who? :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2019 06:58

Georgian centre back signed from Skonto Riga for the academy. Unfortunately the club didn't take into account that without him being a regular full international, he'd never get a work permit so he was only allowed to play in friendlies.

I suppose he qualifies as a shit signing but that was more down to the club, not the player but JLow lists him without any context as to why he didn't play a game in 2 years.

125 posts