BFTG Wigan

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Wigan

by karbota » 01 Dec 2019 19:01

hughsies no.1 First 75 minutes - freezing cold, looking around at an empty stadium, looking at my team who just didn’t look like scoring and were being beaten by a dreadful Wigan side , thinking what the F am I still doing here...

Then as football has a funny way doing, it turned out to be a top away day, three goals, winning from behind and a Puscas hat-trick - making me realise why I was still there!

Views on the game:
- Team news was obviously worrying with no Ejaria or Swift and zero creativity in the middle of the park

- Wigan were dreadful, very sloppy goal for us to concede but aside from that offered nothing and certainly a team we should be beating with the quality in our squad

- Subs changed the game, Joao and Boye gave us energy and purpose and credit to Bowen switching to 4-4-2, it worked, but I believe the subs were more important than the system change

- Meite/ GMac - both give their all but in terms of quality are not on same level as Joao and Boye, obvious changes for next weekend

- Liam Moore on free kicks was a new one, he’s already on throw ins - goal kicks & pens next?

- Puscas - tbh he was offering nothing then scored 3 goals - fair play to Bowen for keeping him on. Sticking the penalty down the middle was brave too, happy for him to do nothing if he scores and wins us games. Hopefully this will boost his confidence

Be very very happy then because thats what he does best, dont expect him to score against the better teams.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Dec 2019 19:03

St Pauli Thought about going to this, but was 213 miles away in Leith, Scotland, so went to Hibs Killie instead. No alcohol available inside the ground wtf?

Guess that explains why you always talk gibbershite.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2019 19:09

karbota
St Pauli Thought about going to this, but was 213 miles away in Leith, Scotland, so went to Hibs Killie instead. No alcohol available inside the ground wtf?

Hi Karbota! What particular parts of the shite I talk do you take issue with? Take it to AE if needs be.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Dec 2019 19:22

St Pauli
karbota

Hi Karbota! What particular parts of the shite I talk do you take issue with? Take it to AE if needs be.

Wait till the morning you might be sober then. btw what is ae?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 01 Dec 2019 19:33

St. P What is your canvassing suggesting? Is there a trend?

"LABOUR LANDSLIDE!"

MORE GIBBERSHITE FROM SAINT P.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Dec 2019 19:38

karbota
St Pauli
karbota

Don’t tell him StP

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Dec 2019 19:42

Good to be able to note down DD's latest alias.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 01 Dec 2019 20:37

Snowflake Royal
Bristol Paul
Snowflake Royal Cabral - 6 very little to do, but spilled a tricky save into danger for their goal.
Yiadom - 6 some good some bad, provides a real out let, but still holds onto it too long too often and should mix up cutting inside with whipping in more crosses
Richards - 5 not a great game by his recent standards
Moore - 7 not a set piece taker :lol: but solid in defence
Morrison - 7 I love this guy in the middle of a three
Miazga - 7 defensively good as always but did 'block' Meite's piledriver. :lol:
Rinomhota - 6 quite than normal but more attacking responsibility that doesn't quite suit him
Pele - 7 some really good moments
McCleary - 6 created a goal and worked hard but no replacement for Swift or Ejaria and his second touch was too often a challenge.
Puscas - 4/9 before the pen, loose passing, plodding and poor control. After the pen sublime. That nutmeg for the second!
Meite - 8 my MotM until the goal flurry, gave us an out, forced free kicks, at the heart of all we did well going forward

Joao - 7 looked tidy and offered something different and more creativity compared to the bulldozer approach of Meite and Puscas. Before the goals I'd have said Puscas has to make way for him or Baldock.
Boye - 7 'won' the penalty. Still don't see much there tbh, skillful but never impresses me
Adam - N/A stream had gone down by the time he came on.

Did you actually go, or is this back from the IPad highlights?

Try reading it and having a guess. The clues are there.

Don't own an iPad btw.

Couldn’t be bothered. Might read it now given you’ve actually confirmed you went..

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Dec 2019 20:50

Bristol Paul
Snowflake Royal
Bristol Paul Did you actually go, or is this back from the IPad highlights?

Don't own an iPad btw.

Couldn’t be bothered. Might read it now given you’ve actually confirmed you went..

Yawn

There are advantages to watching it at home, there are advantages to watching it from the stadium

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2019 21:04

leon
karbota
St Pauli

Don’t tell him StP

Yeah, ok, keep politics off the team, and team c/nts off the politics!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Dec 2019 22:40

Jagermesiter1871 Good to be able to note down DD's latest alias.

Nah, it's not dd it's one of the NEMSA gimps.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2019 23:48

Bristol Paul
Snowflake Royal
Bristol Paul Did you actually go, or is this back from the IPad highlights?

Don't own an iPad btw.

I watched it on the tv you plank.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Dec 2019 23:57

URZZZZ
There are advantages to watching it at home, there are advantages to watching it from the stadium

In the stadium easier to see what players aren't doing.........

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Dec 2019 00:25

From Despair To Where?
Jagermesiter1871 Good to be able to note down DD's latest alias.

Nah, it's not dd it's one of the NEMSA gimps.

Lacoste Semtex bot

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Dec 2019 09:45

karbota
St Pauli
karbota

btw what is ae?

yeah alright m8 :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Dec 2019 09:47

That is a confirmed DD back up account BTW folks

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Dec 2019 10:11

Old Man Andrews That is a confirmed DD back up account BTW folks

Dont you mean confimred..

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Dec 2019 10:17

From Despair To Where? Half our team immediately appealed for handball.

Don't think the defender got the ball after he handled it. He wiped Boye out as the ball rolled out of play untouched. Under the current interpretation of handball, it was a clear penalty which is where the EFL pundits get confused because they don't understand the current interpretation.

Yep, the Sky Sports reporter interviewing Cook after the game was bleating on about the fact that it shouldn't have been a penalty because the defender was so close to Boye when the ball hit his hand. That's totally unacceptable from someone who is paid to do a professional job. The lazy sod clearly hasn't even bothered to read the new laws and guidance. They clearly state distance is no longer a factor to take into account.
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Dec 2019 10:22

During the post match interview, Paul Cook was rightly bemoaning the quality of player that we were able to bring off the bench. There is no doubt at all that we have a quality squad in depth - just need them to consistently produce the performances and results you would expect from that sort of quality.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Dec 2019 10:24

RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where? Half our team immediately appealed for handball.

Don't think the defender got the ball after he handled it. He wiped Boye out as the ball rolled out of play untouched. Under the current interpretation of handball, it was a clear penalty which is where the EFL pundits get confused because they don't understand the current interpretation.

Yep, the Sky Sports reporter interviewing Cook after the game was bleating on about the fact that it shouldn't have been a penalty because the defender was so close to Boye when the ball hit his hand. That's totally unacceptable from someone who is paid to do a professional job. The lazy sod clearly hasn't even bothered to read the new laws and guidance. They clearly state distance is no longer a factor to take into account.
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

I'm a bit rusty but I think they are arguing his hand was in a natural position down by his side which the new law stipulates to be acceptable (I dont know why it is as context is important) but I still think it's a pen. Not even a pen I would be argue shouldnt be given if it was the other way around.