BFTG Birmingham

145 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by Millsy » 09 Dec 2019 14:28

Edit delete
Last edited by Millsy on 09 Dec 2019 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Dec 2019 15:41

URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup What an AWFUL performance by so many.

Boye. Just **** off. I've seen enough now and have sussed him out. Fine to play him when you've nothing to lose and could do with a creative spark 1 in 10 times with losing the ball and zero shite end product the rest of the time. But to bring him on early when we still have a chance when you have João on the bench. No thanks.

Richards. Losing the plot more every game. Some good moments but still the liability I always thought he was defensively. Error cost us a point effectively.

Bowen - totally screwed up here. Should have won comfortably against a team who made enforced changes. Miazga off. Wtf!??? We always look shite without him. 442 so early when we don't have the wingers or defenders for it and with no bottle in midfield? No wonder we were TOTALLY raped in midfield and Morrison lost the plot in defence. Boye a possible winger (whatever the frik he is) sent up front. GMac on the wrong side. God knows who or why playing on the right. A total mess. His only saving grace was bringing on Adam who was shockingly just excellent.

Which leads me onto positives.

Adam. Brilliant. Controlled the game. Nuff said.

João. Did good.

Overall this won't be popular but I place this defeat at the door of Bowen who just lost the plot.

Am I the only one missing something with Richards? How did he cost us a point? At the time he made his mistake for the goal, we were losing 2-1, his error just made it game over but he didn’t cost us a point

For the record, why should we have “comfortably won” against them? A side unbeaten in three, haven’t lost by more than one goal more than once since the end of August, don’t concede many, went toe to toe with Leeds at Elland Road? It was an awful display and a disappointing result, but I certainly wasn’t expecting an comfortable game

Interested to see why everyone is hyping up Joao, goal aside, he was his poor usual self of dancing around holding onto the ball for too long, missing one of the best chances for an equaliser

You're right. Not just a point. Possibly three ;) i.e. his total ****up like that basically made it game over as you say. A chance of drawing/ possibly winning as we are known to do from 1 goal deficits nowdays totally crushed by that ridiculous mistake.

As for comfortably beating yeah I do believe we should've won. I believe we were better till the freak own goal and could and should have gone on to win. Just my opinion though.

Likewise João in my opinion was good. Definitely a million times better than Boye up front. Again just my thoughts and I respect anyone who differs obviously.

Back to Richards the point is we all know unfortunately he still has defensive errors in him and going 4-4-2 and pushing up ridiculously ineffectively even at 1-1 for no obvious reason was a poor call.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Dec 2019 15:46

Re: Cabral, he's meh.

He's someone who just does a job. Not good. Not woeful. He's just someone who doesn't make howlers but who isn't great either. Not a promotion winning keeper. Just about ok.

I always feel nervous when he comes out and punches and feel he parries and punches more than most keepers rather than catching. Just the impression I get.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Dec 2019 16:22

Hound Agreed on Maghoma as well. The guy he replaced was meant to be one of their danger men, but thought Maghoma made a big difference to them. Looked a good player

Seen him 2 or 3 times now for Brum and always thought he looked pretty decent. I guess he's the sort of player that lacks consistency though, hence starting on the bench.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Dec 2019 16:23

2 world wars, 1 world cup Re: Cabral, he's meh.

He's someone who just does a job. Not good. Not woeful. He's just someone who doesn't make howlers but who isn't great either. Not a promotion winning keeper. Just about ok.

I always feel nervous when he comes out and punches and feel he parries and punches more than most keepers rather than catching. Just the impression I get.

it's the modern way isn't it? Not may keepers come out and catch the ball unless it's virtually unopposed. Would rather a keeper comes and punches than doesn't come at all

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2019 16:54

2 world wars, 1 world cup
URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup What an AWFUL performance by so many.

Boye. Just **** off. I've seen enough now and have sussed him out. Fine to play him when you've nothing to lose and could do with a creative spark 1 in 10 times with losing the ball and zero shite end product the rest of the time. But to bring him on early when we still have a chance when you have João on the bench. No thanks.

Richards. Losing the plot more every game. Some good moments but still the liability I always thought he was defensively. Error cost us a point effectively.

Bowen - totally screwed up here. Should have won comfortably against a team who made enforced changes. Miazga off. Wtf!??? We always look shite without him. 442 so early when we don't have the wingers or defenders for it and with no bottle in midfield? No wonder we were TOTALLY raped in midfield and Morrison lost the plot in defence. Boye a possible winger (whatever the frik he is) sent up front. GMac on the wrong side. God knows who or why playing on the right. A total mess. His only saving grace was bringing on Adam who was shockingly just excellent.

Which leads me onto positives.

Adam. Brilliant. Controlled the game. Nuff said.

João. Did good.

Overall this won't be popular but I place this defeat at the door of Bowen who just lost the plot.

Am I the only one missing something with Richards? How did he cost us a point? At the time he made his mistake for the goal, we were losing 2-1, his error just made it game over but he didn’t cost us a point

For the record, why should we have “comfortably won” against them? A side unbeaten in three, haven’t lost by more than one goal more than once since the end of August, don’t concede many, went toe to toe with Leeds at Elland Road? It was an awful display and a disappointing result, but I certainly wasn’t expecting an comfortable game

Interested to see why everyone is hyping up Joao, goal aside, he was his poor usual self of dancing around holding onto the ball for too long, missing one of the best chances for an equaliser

You're right. Not just a point. Possibly three ;) i.e. his total ****up like that basically made it game over as you say. A chance of drawing/ possibly winning as we are known to do from 1 goal deficits nowdays totally crushed by that ridiculous mistake.

As for comfortably beating yeah I do believe we should've won. I believe we were better till the freak own goal and could and should have gone on to win. Just my opinion though.

Likewise João in my opinion was good. Definitely a million times better than Boye up front. Again just my thoughts and I respect anyone who differs obviously.

Back to Richards the point is we all know unfortunately he still has defensive errors in him and going 4-4-2 and pushing up ridiculously ineffectively even at 1-1 for no obvious reason was a poor call.

I never know what to make of Richards to be honest. Obita is average, Blackett is OK but has concentration issues at random times but Richards is one of the most inconsistent players we've had in a while. He can play as well as he did against Luton and then a few games later put in a horror show like he did against Birmingham

I want to like him and rate him but he makes it so hard with his increasingly frustrating fluctuation performances

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2019 17:37

Still pretty young and inexperienced urrzzzz. Champs a tough place to learn your trade, esp down the bottom

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2019 17:52

I appreciate that but with a lot of youngsters, you can sort of tell whether they’ve got it and roughly estimate their potential. I’ve no reason to believe Olise won’t become a top top player one day yet I can’t ever see East becoming more than a league two player. Whereas with Richards I can’t tell

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2019 17:54

Hendo
Stranded
paultheroyal Also - that was poor goalkeeping from Raphael. He literally had to just jump to save as he was way over that side, infact you could argue he was to much over. He is not a goalkeeper who seems to be able to dive and fly through the air for those high shots.

He shifted his weight to the left just before the Brum player struck, probably half expecting that is where he would be putting it - as soon as he did he was always going to struggle to get back and more importantly get the spring needed to keep it out. Just a very good free kick.

That is how I saw it as well. The little step to the left killed him.

Then he jumped to the right, put his hands on his hips, bent his knees in time and did the pelvic thrusts.

Yes, I'm aware that's not quite right.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2019 18:04

URZZZZ I appreciate that but with a lot of youngsters, you can sort of tell whether they’ve got it and roughly estimate their potential. I’ve no reason to believe Olise won’t become a top top player one day yet I can’t ever see East becoming more than a league two player. Whereas with Richards I can’t tell

Fair enough, yes can see what you mean

Suspect personally he has the ability. I didn’t think he was particularly awful on Saturday tbh; no worse than the rest of them

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2019 18:09

Hound
URZZZZ I appreciate that but with a lot of youngsters, you can sort of tell whether they’ve got it and roughly estimate their potential. I’ve no reason to believe Olise won’t become a top top player one day yet I can’t ever see East becoming more than a league two player. Whereas with Richards I can’t tell

Suspect personally he has the ability. I didn’t think he was particularly awful on Saturday tbh; no worse than the rest of them

Slightly worrying sign with Omar is that he does seem to commit quite a few silly free kicks and commit himself poorly at times.

Seems stronger and better in possession compared to previous seasons, and obvs still young.

Like alot of our players the choices are wrong a bit often and cool heads don't prevail

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2019 23:56

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Slightly worrying sign with Omar is that he does seem to commit quite a few silly free kicks and commit himself poorly at times.

Seems stronger and better in possession compared to previous seasons, and obvs still young.

Like alot of our players the choices are wrong a bit often and cool heads don't prevail

I wouldn't worry, Yiadom is 28 and still does that

Long for the days of two consistent decent fullbacks...a position that is overlooked by many people

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Dec 2019 09:27

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Reckon he will develop quite a bit over this season. Could be a great year for him.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 10 Dec 2019 09:44

Isn’t this Richards third season ?
I am beginning to doubt whether he will ever make it at Championship level.
He does not have express pace(but neither did Shorey) but perhaps his biggest problem is lack of self belief .
TBF however what we all forget ,certainly I am guilty of this,is that the Championship is a very high standard.Its not Prem standard,but it is still of a high quality.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Dec 2019 09:55

Westwood52 Isn’t this Richards third season ?
I am beginning to doubt whether he will ever make it at Championship level.
He does not have express pace(but neither did Shorey) but perhaps his biggest problem is lack of self belief .
TBF however what we all forget ,certainly I am guilty of this,is that the Championship is a very high standard.Its not Prem standard,but it is still of a high quality.

It is but he was very much a bit part player in precious seasons. I think 2 or 3 of his games have come at Left Wing too so he has never really had a season of consistent game time at LB before.

He has time on his side too. Look at Yiadom. Easily championship quality but was lower league for quite some time.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Dec 2019 13:03

Westwood52 TBF however what we all forget ,certainly I am guilty of this,is that the Championship is a very high standard.Its not Prem standard,but it is still of a high quality.

Prefer to see home grown talent of the right calibre given the time to flourish. Than splurge huge sums of money on players who fail to settle in and have no real heart for the club.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Dec 2019 13:15

Lower West
Westwood52 TBF however what we all forget ,certainly I am guilty of this,is that the Championship is a very high standard.Its not Prem standard,but it is still of a high quality.

Prefer to see home grown talent of the right calibre given the time to flourish. Than splurge huge sums of money on players who fail to settle in and have no real heart for the club.

Richards came through over two years ago now. He’s close to turning 22. He needs to add consistency to his game in the near future, I hope he can, he was excellent at the start of the season and proved me wrong

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Dec 2019 13:32

URZZZZ
Lower West

Richards came through over two years ago now. He’s close to turning 22. He needs to add consistency to his game in the near future, I hope he can, he was excellent at the start of the season and proved me wrong

I still don't really see that he was particularly bad against Brum tbh. Bar the stupid error, thought he was reasonable enough. Certainly don't remember a huge amount of their attack coming down his flank

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Dec 2019 14:03

URZZZZ
Lower West

Can only gain consistancy from playing games week in week out. Steep learning curve.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Dec 2019 14:25

Hound
URZZZZ
Lower West

I still don't really see that he was particularly bad against Brum tbh. Bar the stupid error, thought he was reasonable enough. Certainly don't remember a huge amount of their attack coming down his flank

I don't particularly remember what he did that was bad, but I just seem to remember getting frustrated with him on quite a few occasion, most people came to the conclusion that Richards was poor on Saturday but according to WhoScored, he made 8 tackles which was rather surprising

145 posts