BFTT Barnsley

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTT Barnsley

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2019 17:14

morganb
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth I'm not certain that a left side of Richards at LB and Obita at AML wouldn't work. It would be pretty good defensively and decent in transition. Also you forgot Barrett who can still be used.

I think I'd prefer Obita LB and Richard further forward in that combo but with them rotating and covering regularly for each other

To be fair, I didn't forget Barrett, I just don't think he's much cop but yes, he can certainly be an option for us

In pre-season we were quite keen on using the academy players. Now we are half way through the season there are none of them near the first team (occasionally one will appear on the bench, though even Loader has disappeared recently .) Do we not have any promising wingers in the academy?

We were keen on using them because there were sparse alternatives! Not sure why Olise hasn't played more, particularly with Swift and Ejaria out, although he may have been injured?

Loader is sixth choice striker so was never going to feature much and McIntyre got a few games but ultimately looked a little out of his depth. He's someone I'd like to see get a chance later in the season if we're in a good position to do so though because I see something in him and his abilities

Also liked the look of Howe, and hope he can rotate with Gunter for the RB spot in the weeks ahead that Yiadom are out

Not sure about up and coming wingers in the academy though

Barb

by Barb » 12 Dec 2019 18:14

Bowen won't be here at Christmas.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 12 Dec 2019 20:48

Fair play to those who made the journey.

Two utterly dreadful teams playing largely utterly dreadful stuff.

Puscas just has to be more clinical. Not good enough.

Ejaria is so classy but occasionally one too many touches.

Adam played some glorious passes.

I guess we have to be grateful for the point but the game was there for the taking at 1-1...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2019 21:18

Just seen a clip of that Meite chance again

Bloody hell it was laid on a plate for him (superb from Baldock). Shocking miss tbh

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2019 21:45

Hound Just seen a clip of that Meite chance again

Bloody hell it was laid on a plate for him (superb from Baldock). Shocking miss tbh

Absolutely not, it was very unlucky

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2019 21:46

URZZZZ
Hound Just seen a clip of that Meite chance again

Absolutely not, it was very unlucky

You had me for a second there

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Dec 2019 22:50

Personally I prefer a formation that accomodates Adam than carry Ejaria as a passenger for long periods of the game. We need an experienced head in midfield.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Dec 2019 23:08

WOW. . How did we not lose that 8-1?

When you’re glad Blackett is coming on you know something is wrong.

When you consider Adam your best player right to the end of 97minutes you know something is wrong.

That was a ridiculously bad display.

Rafa - 5. Never has a brilliant game. No idea why he needed to play from the back, even though it was Morrison’s howler.
Gunter - 6. Tried to go forward but his display was overegged by BBCRB. He’s half the player Yiadom is going forward. Some good passes, lots of energy but nowhere near what Yiadom can do on the attack. Is he double the player defensively? No not at all. Dangerous needless backward pass to Miazga early on nearly cost us.
Morrison - 3. Unforgivable cockup for their goal. Put under pressure by Rafa but let’s not forget his own goal last game. Unfair to mention it here but he is slipping.
Moore - 2. Seriously I lost count the number of scuffed clearances, dodgy passes etc he made. Basically shite all game.
Miazga - 6. Always solid. A class above. Shocking decision to have removed him last game. At least Bowen kept him on this time.
Obita - 1. Never have I been so glad to see Blackett come on. What was Obita doing? Seriously? Waves of attacks down their right. Where was he???. Obita made a massive cock up losing his man early on at LB and they really ought to have scored. His response to that seemed to have been to just not be at left back anymore. He left it to Moore (who was already having a shit game) and anyone else. At one point Joao (Yes Joao!) was there at left back doing Obita’s job. At another point there was no one there and Obita was - wait for it - on the RIGHT WING. WTAF!??? What do we expect when we have shoehorned a left winger into a LB spot. Our left back problem has been going on literally for years.
Adam - 7. Showed leadership, excellent pass after excellent pass. Some good tackles too, good shots, great corner, good FKs. Had as much energy as anyone and I thought he wouldn’t last. Even won some tackles. Literally a shockingly good display. The best Reading player on the pitch. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rino - 6. Solid. Some good wins but got lost in the scrappiness of it.
Ejaria - 6. Very surprised at his low key performance today. The usual 3 men on him but he just seemed tired and not with it today.
Puscas - 5. Typical Puscas good positions doing good stuff but then cocking up at crucial moments.
Joao - 6.5 Another game another goal and actually quite a good instinctive one into the corner. Awkward daddy long legs not pretty to watch but even without the goal our second best player for sure. Really did his job well winning balls, holding the ball up, some good touches, causing them problems. Our best left back too.

Bowen - 5. Again, not impressed. Is his honeymoon period over? Learned from his early 442 error. Used it to good effect this time round. Good changes, we got the goal back. Dropped Richards. Adam was actually a good call. I feel for the lack of Swift and a fit Ejaria, BUT what concerns me is how the defence is still awful, we seem to have gone backwards, there seems to be confusion in the team. Gomes must be laughing.

Subs - Meite did ok. Pity about the header. Blackett actually played as a left back so that’s a plus. Baldock was very good , we miss him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Dec 2019 23:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup WOW. . How did we not lose that 8-1?

When you consider Adam your best player right to the end of 97minutes you know something is wrong.

Rafa - 5. Never has a brilliant game. No idea why he needed to play from the back, even though it was Morrison’s howler.
Gunter - 6. Tried to go forward but his display was overegged by BBCRB. He’s half the player Yiadom is going forward. Some good passes, lots of energy but nowhere near what Yiadom can do on the attack. Is he double the player defensively? No not at all. Dangerous needless backward pass to Miazga early on nearly cost us.
Morrison - 3. Unforgivable cockup for their goal. Put under pressure by Rafa but let’s not forget his own goal last game. Unfair to mention it here but he is slipping.
Moore - 2. Seriously I lost count the number of scuffed clearances, dodgy passes etc he made. Basically shite all game.
Miazga - 6. Always solid. A class above. Shocking decision to have removed him last game. At least Bowen kept him on this time.
Obita - 1. Never have I been so glad to see Blackett come on. What was Obita doing? Seriously? Waves of attacks down their right. Where was he???. Obita made a massive cock up losing his man early on at LB and they really ought to have scored. His response to that seemed to have been to just not be at left back anymore. He left it to Moore (who was already having a shit game) and anyone else. At one point Joao (Yes Joao!) was there at left back doing Obita’s job. At another point there was no one there and Obita was - wait for it - on the RIGHT WING. WTAF!??? What do we expect when we have shoehorned a left winger into a LB spot. Our left back problem has been going on literally for years.
Adam - 7. Showed leadership, excellent pass after excellent pass. Some good tackles too, good shots, great corner, good FKs. Had as much energy as anyone and I thought he wouldn’t last. Even won some tackles. Literally a shockingly good display. The best Reading player on the pitch. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ejaria - 6. Very surprised at his low key performance today. The usual 3 men on him but he just seemed tired and not with it today.
Puscas - 5. Typical Puscas good positions doing good stuff but then cocking up at crucial moments.
Joao - 6.5 Another game another goal and actually quite a good instinctive one into the corner. Awkward daddy long legs not pretty to watch but even without the goal our second best player for sure. Really did his job well winning balls, holding the ball up, some good touches, causing them problems. Our best left back too.

Bowen - 5. Again, not impressed. Is his honeymoon period over? Learned from his early 442 error. Used it to good effect this time round. Good changes, we got the goal back. Dropped Richards. Adam was actually a good call. I feel for the lack of Swift and a fit Ejaria, BUT what concerns me is how the defence is still awful, we seem to have gone backwards, there seems to be confusion in the team. Gomes must be laughing.

Subs - Meite did ok. Pity about the header. Blackett actually played as a left back so that’s a plus. Baldock was very good , we miss him.

Think you're slightly harsh on a couple of players here

Blackett isn't that bad
Morrison's own goal last game wasn't his fault, it was unlucky, it was more his second half performance against Brum that was poor
Didn't recall Obita being that bad, thought it was just a touch of the mehs with him really

Think, by the same accord, you're being rather generous to Ejaria given your comments on him too

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Dec 2019 23:43

URZZZZ

Blackett isn't that bad
Morrison's own goal last game wasn't his fault, it was unlucky, it was more his second half performance against Brum that was poor
Didn't recall Obita being that bad, thought it was just a touch of the mehs with him really

Think, by the same accord, you're being rather generous to Ejaria given your comments on him too

You’re right Blackett isn’t that bad at all. I’m referring more to how much I used to dislike him, but I don’t expect people to remember my thoughts on him. I’m not that important! Good as he may be though, I don’t think many before the game would be predicting being happy seeing him come on for our dear Obita!

I take your other points.

But to me Obita was very poor. I’d love someone to explain why he was AWOL at times and dicking around somewhere on the right wing. Who is to blame for this? Who is to blame for Joao having to his job at other times? Maybe it’s Bowen’s fault. Something is very screwed up here. Are we doing some weird Dutch total football BS all of a sudden?

Ejaria was clearly not right. Very tired and too fully fit IMO. Still took the ball past 100s of players and was one of the few players who looked like making something happen.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Dec 2019 00:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup But to me Obita was very poor. I’d love someone to explain why he was AWOL at times and dicking around somewhere on the right wing. Who is to blame for this? Who is to blame for Joao having to his job at other times? Maybe it’s Bowen’s fault. Something is very screwed up here. Are we doing some weird Dutch total football BS all of a sudden?

This team has never played a competitive game together. Bound to be disjointed. Match fitness doesn't return instantly either.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Dec 2019 00:19

Lower West
2 world wars, 1 world cup But to me Obita was very poor. I’d love someone to explain why he was AWOL at times and dicking around somewhere on the right wing. Who is to blame for this? Who is to blame for Joao having to his job at other times? Maybe it’s Bowen’s fault. Something is very screwed up here. Are we doing some weird Dutch total football BS all of a sudden?

This team has never played a competitive game together. Bound to be disjointed. Match fitness doesn't return instantly either.

Fair point. Interesting how you don’t see match fitness as a mitigating factor for Ejaria though. And I don’t see how match fitness can be to blame for a left back who manages to run over to the right wing. If you’re lacking fitness you do your primary job surely, which in the case of a LB is surely to defend first and foremost and perhaps not go forwards as much. Not go play up the pitch and leave that flank to get raped time and time again. I’m not sure who is to blame for this - Obita who still thinks he’s a left winger or Bowen for not spotting us being destroyed down our left time and again (eventually he did by bringing Blackett on I guess but too little too late).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Dec 2019 01:45

2 world wars, 1 world cup
URZZZZ

Blackett isn't that bad

You’re right Blackett isn’t that bad at all. I’m referring more to how much I used to dislike him, but I don’t expect people to remember my thoughts on him. I’m not that important! Good as he may be though, I don’t think many before the game would be predicting being happy seeing him come on for our dear Obita!

But to me Obita was very poor. I’d love someone to explain why he was AWOL at times and dicking around somewhere on the right wing. Who is to blame for this? Who is to blame for Joao having to his job at other times? Maybe it’s Bowen’s fault. Something is very screwed up here. Are we doing some weird Dutch total football BS all of a sudden?

Ejaria was clearly not right. Very tired and too fully fit IMO. Still took the ball past 100s of players and was one of the few players who looked like making something happen.

Are you sure it wasn't from a set piece or something?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Dec 2019 02:35

URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup
URZZZZ

Blackett isn't that bad

Are you sure it wasn't from a set piece or something?

I think it was in open play But can’t remember exact circumstances tbh. Don’t read too much into that one move though they we destroying us down that flank all game until Blackett came on. Perhaps the blame lies with defence for not covering. They were quite shit. I don’t know.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Dec 2019 12:23

Probably a set piece. We were trying to be far too clever. Moore taking throw ins on the edge of there box which were both awful and left us open to being countered were my favourite.