MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by Yakubu

125 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by Yakubu

by Stranded » 19 Dec 2019 08:35

If we lose at the weekend and/or QPR, I for one will not be questioning Bowen but will be putting my focus directly on the players - who will not have been performing again.

Putting managers under pressure and replacing them is not working, so there is clearly a mentality issue with the squad if we slip back again - maybe they get complacent.

Anyway, here is to 4 or 6 points in the next 2 games and a Merry Christmas for all.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Dec 2019 09:20

Stranded If we lose at the weekend and/or QPR, I for one will not be questioning Bowen but will be putting my focus directly on the players - who will not have been performing again.

Putting managers under pressure and replacing them is not working, so there is clearly a mentality issue with the squad if we slip back again - maybe they get complacent.

Anyway, here is to 4 or 6 points in the next 2 games and a Merry Christmas for all.

So sack all the players if we lose both then?

Barb

by Barb » 19 Dec 2019 12:41

Stranded If we lose at the weekend and/or QPR, I for one will not be questioning Bowen but will be putting my focus directly on the players - who will not have been performing again.

The sackings aren't the issue, it's the consistently poor appointments that are the issue.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Dec 2019 14:31

Barb

The sackings aren't the issue, it's the consistently poor appointments that are the issue.

Definitely. Would re-appointing Nigel be the worst decision we could make...?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Dec 2019 15:24

John Smith
Barb

Definitely. Would re-appointing Nigel be the worst decision we could make...?

No. He was a good boss for us and has an astute mind for football.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2019 15:55

Sounds like Swift is fit then, if maybe not enough for the full game.

Suggests that Miazga is also fit - nothing came back off his scan.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Dec 2019 16:00

Would probably give Swift 60 against Derby, a sub run out against QPR if he’s still feeling the effects of Saturday and then hopefully he’ll be properly fit for the harder run in

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2019 16:08

tough call as always after a muscle injury. Playing him against Leeds when half fit put him out for that stretch of games

I think we have to start him though, just to try to get a bit of momentum and quality back. But yeah, about an hour seems reasonable

Be almost a week until the QPR game, so all being well should be fit to start that if he gets through the Derby game

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Dec 2019 16:36

Hound tough call as always after a muscle injury. Playing him against Leeds when half fit put him out for that stretch of games

I think we have to start him though, just to try to get a bit of momentum and quality back. But yeah, about an hour seems reasonable

Be almost a week until the QPR game, so all being well should be fit to start that if he gets through the Derby game

Actually, perhaps yes it would be easier to start him against QPR and then rest him against the thugs Preston

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2019 20:25

Yes, this. Bowen has taken very positive managerial steps.

We played at a higher tempo, were more direct, more organised. But the players are reverting to negative, slow and cautious. That has been the issue for half a dozen managers now. There, at times, seems a rotten culture among the players that is infecting new arrivals - perhaps because our recruitment is flawed personality wise, or perhaps it just appears that way.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Dec 2019 20:38

Derby are horrific this season, no away wins since the opening day, dreadful setup play and don't score many goals. We are just the team you want to play to change your season. I'll go 0-2, two shit deflected goals as always. " but our buildup play was good, we just couldn't take our chances" bla bla bla. Heard it all, Reading need to win this game, no more excuses.

Barb

by Barb » 19 Dec 2019 20:43

FiNeRaIn Derby are horrific this season, no away wins since the opening day, dreadful setup play and don't score many goals. We are just the team you want to play to change your season. I'll go 0-2, two shit deflected goals as always. " but our buildup play was good, we just couldn't take our chances" bla bla bla. Heard it all, Reading need to win this game, no more excuses.

You would think they were managed by a Dutchman.

Yeah, we have to win this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 10:07

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... -fc-royals

really do need to be winning this one...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Dec 2019 10:12

If our attack can’t score past Ben Hamer, our midfield can’t dominate George Evans and our defence can’t handle Chris Martin, we deserve to be relegated. Surely we have to get three points

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Dec 2019 10:19

Hound https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2019/12/20/21025981/view-from-the-town-end-derby-county-reading-fc-royals

really do need to be winning this one...

Ugh... that makes me feel worse. Why is it that everytime we seem to have all the odds stacked in our favour I feel like a loss is inevitable?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 10:24

yep agreed. One of those reads that just makes you think anything other than a comfortable win will be a massive disappointment

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Dec 2019 10:49

Tim Dellor confirmed Swift 100% available on BBCRB this morning.....
As a side note, if your a Sky subscriber but don't subscribe to their sports channels, all those channels are free to air 25th and 26th Dec so the QPR game will be on free to air......

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 11:01

not going to help the attendance much that

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Dec 2019 11:35

Hound not going to help the attendance much that

Certainly isn't. If it had been earlier I would have gone but no chance boxing day evening. I was fuming when Sky announced it.
I wonder if it will get above 10000. Pretty embarrassing for us if it is being live on telly as well.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2019 11:38

If you genuinely care about attendances or lack of them then you're doing life wrong.

125 posts