BFTG - Derby

187 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Derby

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Dec 2019 09:18

NewCorkSeth Again, while I understand snowflakes concern about Ejaria and Swift in the same midfield, having a player who demands closing down in the manner of Ejaria does wonders for space creation. If he can continue to pull 2 or 3 players out of position to close him down then our other players should be able to work into gaps. If Ejaria and Swift can continue to work on the same wavelength then we could have our recipe for the final third.

If Ejaria can learn to make better decisions and deliver the final product rather than faff turning people inside and out he'll be off for million, but in the meantime could win us games 5-2.

But he's not there yet.

As always for me, it's about the Team, not individuals. Swift and Ejaria is a bit Lampard and Gerrard, though with much greater potential in terms of working well together.

I prefer a solid 7/10 grafter over someone who is sometimes 8 and sometimes 5. Probably because I'm that grafter when I play.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Dec 2019 09:27

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Again, while I understand snowflakes concern about Ejaria and Swift in the same midfield, having a player who demands closing down in the manner of Ejaria does wonders for space creation. If he can continue to pull 2 or 3 players out of position to close him down then our other players should be able to work into gaps. If Ejaria and Swift can continue to work on the same wavelength then we could have our recipe for the final third.

If Ejaria can learn to make better decisions and deliver the final product rather than faff turning people inside and out he'll be off for million, but in the meantime could win us games 5-2.

But he's not there yet.

As always for me, it's about the Team, not individuals. Swift and Ejaria is a bit Lampard and Gerrard, though with much greater potential in terms of working well together.

I prefer a solid 7/10 grafter over someone who is sometimes 8 and sometimes 5. Probably because I'm that grafter when I play.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the best lines ever on HNA.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 24 Dec 2019 10:23

Hendo
Sutekh :shock:

Anyone agree with Mr Kempson’s opinion?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/spor ... t-17464853

Personally I didn’t see it as that myself, although there were a couple of moments of “unnecessaryness”, but then Reading are so rarely ever in a commanding position late in game I’m not entirely surprised if they forget there “manners”

Think we can guarantee Derby will be up for thereturn then.

He is a clown who has to look for a negative with everything.

Agreed- yes it was unnecessary but most showboating is. It's so rare to see us in a comfortable winning position everyone got on board with the oles and tricks. He also needs to change his avatar because it looks like he's a hardened criminal.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Dec 2019 11:04

NewCorkSeth
sandman
NewCorkSeth I'm not a stats guy but it is interesting to look at as it highlights what different people look for when watching football.

Adam - total passes = 70, pass accuracy = 76%, key passes = 0

Ejaria - total passes = 40, pass accuracy = 98%, key passes = 3

One of these players is lauded for his passing ability and the other is frequently called poor at picking a pass.

I agree Ejaria can lack a killer instinct when trying to pick a pass and can hold onto the ball too long and I agree Adam has a worldie of a pass in him but, for me, he has a touch of the Liam Kellys. Hollywood over simplicity.

I also want to highlight I'm not trying to knock him. Adam has done far more good than bad and without his assists for Joao we would worse off and he has a purpose. Just think that people are being a bit over the top in praising him.

Adam always looks to go forward with his passes so he's going to misplace more than someone who always takes the safe option.

Maybe we're not used to having players who actually try to make forward passes after the last five years of sideways and back.

Yes but it is telling that none of his, often excellent, passes forward go down as key passes or lead to goals or even assists. He is playing a different style of football to the other players. The forwards are rarely on his wavelength and frequently come short only to watch the ball knocked into a channel they could have run into.

How was his ball out to Swift for the second not a key pass?
Not sure these stats can be afforded any credence.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Dec 2019 11:24

Platypuss
NewCorkSeth
sandman
Adam always looks to go forward with his passes so he's going to misplace more than someone who always takes the safe option.

Maybe we're not used to having players who actually try to make forward passes after the last five years of sideways and back.

Yes but it is telling that none of his, often excellent, passes forward go down as key passes or lead to goals or even assists. He is playing a different style of football to the other players. The forwards are rarely on his wavelength and frequently come short only to watch the ball knocked into a channel they could have run into.

How was his ball out to Swift for the second not a key pass?
Not sure these stats can be afforded any credence.

See previous description of whoscoreds definition of a key pass.

Also is this confirmation you believe in second assists as a valuable statistic?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Dec 2019 13:00

Vicky Pollard
Hendo

Personally I didn’t see it as that myself, although there were a couple of moments of “unnecessaryness”, but then Reading are so rarely ever in a commanding position late in game I’m not entirely surprised if they forget there “manners”

He is a clown who has to look for a negative with everything.

Agreed- yes it was unnecessary but most showboating is. It's so rare to see us in a comfortable winning position everyone got on board with the oles and tricks. He also needs to change his avatar because it looks like he's a hardened criminal.

It's a crock of shit, Ejaria, Swift and Joao showboat when we're losing, it's just the way they play.

Derby got half their cards by the 60th minute and we scored the second in the 58th.

If they had more discipline they wouldn't have been down to 10 and lost 3-0.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 24 Dec 2019 14:40

I thought his analysis was pretty much spot on tbh. I'm not particularly bothered about the showboating - the game was over as a contest before that started!

187 posts